Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

KilJoy [sFG],

Tried a search with not much luck...

Do you have any plans for the full multiplayer sort of equivalent of Evolution?

@KillJoy - I just played your most recent update of Evolution and left in disgust as well as my comrade who at the time we were TRYING to clear out Parisio and couldn't due to your city respawn. I should be removed from Evolution, we cleared the whole city almost and then both died. We went back and what to our surprise, all our hard work was flushed down the toilet due to everything respawning like we were never there to begin with.

@thegunnysgt...stupid question did you destroy the comms tower? if not they will keep coming into the city from others wink_o.gif I found that out the hard way.

theGunnySgt-

just leave an AI soldier, or one of your buddies in the "grey circle" or "hostile city Radius" anywhere will do, just on the edge out of harms way. That will keep the city from re-populating. If you use an AI soildier put him in a humvee or somthing similar, in a passenger seat he won't move.

The tower was destroyed, that was one of the few things we did when we go into the city.

Just leaving an AI at the rim of a city doesn't make since if you were doing this in real life. I mean you need all your men in the fight not dic'n around holding their thumb up their but hiding while you clear a city of 120+ men alone. It just doesn't make since and is not practical.

It's a bug bro, take it easy. Think of how many things are great about Evo smile_o.gif

The city culling is not a bug, but an intended feature. When there is no bluefor in the city, all the enemies disappear. When there is bluefor present in the city again, they all respawn.

It's not that hard to just run an AI out to the edge of Paraiso (just North West of the City, in the woods at the base of the hill) and tell him to go prone, halt and hold fire. He'll sit there like a good little boy whilst you clear the city out. Don't try and drag "realism" into the picture, because if you were clearing out a hostile city with 100+ OPFOR in it, you wouldn't be doing it with just three or four people...

The tower was destroyed, that was one of the few things we did when we go into the city.

Just leaving an AI at the rim of a city doesn't make since if you were doing this in real life. I mean you need all your men in the fight not dic'n around holding their thumb up their but hiding while you clear a city of 120+ men alone. It just doesn't make since and is not practical.

Maybe you meant "doesn't make sense", not "since"... smile_o.gif

But I agree globally with you.

Last night, we had also a hard time in Paraiso, with the tower being put in the middle of a clear field...

No way to approach the tower without getting killed.

The more we killed enemies, the more their number increased. They even installed an artillery canon ! crazy_o.gif

I finally had to do a suicide bombing mission to destroy the damn tower by driving a humwee like crazy, jump out of the vehicule, put the charge, and blow the tower, and my self with enemies shooting at me from everywhere... rofl.gif

Still, it was pain in the "since" whistle.gif

Kiljoy could I get permission to experiment with increasing the number of players in Evolution? Number of players allowed would be the only thing changed.

@Deady In my honest opinion the map does not properly support 30 players as it is, extra players are one of the main reasons for a drop in server fps which at the moment is critical. More players would make the game unplayable I think. Aside from all that it currently takes 30 players about 5 minutes to clear some citys.

Often i find my self sprinting around the city trying to find something to kill on a full 30 player server so even if somehow you got good server fps, the gameplay would still suffer from this.

On the subject of the numbers in city's not declining this has been addressed in the current test version and a list of enemy is stored and respawned on your return. Will be an update sometime for this.

in the mean time Lets not forget this is a 30 player coop map. Its designed for that primarily and not for 3 of 4 players to finnish alone.

But with the next version that should be possibil without having to leave ai in the zone.

@ July 01 2007,19:55)]On the subject of the numbers in city's not declining this has been addressed in the current test version and a list of enemy is stored and respawned on your return. Will be an update sometime for this.

in the mean time Lets not forget this is a 30 player coop map. Its designed for that primarily and not for 3 of 4 players to finnish alone.

But with the next version that should be possibil without having to leave ai in the zone.

Thank You!

hey do you mind if i test out to make a skavens addon version of this? Like switching bluefor into independent and changing or adding more weapons to crates and stuff, so that players can use the new weapons too. smile_o.gif

Evolution is definitely a great coop mission!

Though i think there shouldn't be any meteorologic data on tactical maps. BTW, it's just not that useful and hinders me reading the map.

And i think there is no real reason to restrict players from using enemy vehicles.

@ July 02 2007,01:55)]On the subject of the numbers in city's not declining this has been addressed in the current test version and a list of enemy is stored and respawned on your return. Will be an update sometime for this.

What? First you remind people that it's not a 3-4 person map (the ones that ALWAYS bitch about "it's too hard" and "AI in the zone") and then you say you're gonna dumb the darn thing down to less enemies, etc?

That stinks man!

@ July 02 2007,01:55)]On the subject of the numbers in city's not declining this has been addressed in the current test version and a list of enemy is stored and respawned on your return. Will be an update sometime for this.

What? First you remind people that it's not a 3-4 person map (the ones that ALWAYS bitch about "it's too hard" and "AI in the zone") and then you say you're gonna dumb the darn thing down to less enemies, etc?

That stinks man!

that's not what he said ¬_¬

In that particular quote he said that when towns are culled in the current beta, it remembers the units left alive and only respawns them the next time the city is spawned. NOT that in future versions there will be less enemies in each town.

@satexas69 It wont make a difference to games where zones stay open because theres over 20 players on. It also wont make a difference to games where 3-4 players are playing and using ai to keep the zone open, except they wont have to use ai to keep it open. I don't see your point. The "using AI to keep the zone open" in my view seems a bit fiddly to me to be standard procedure for low numbers games and I just want to eliminate it.

evolution red

KilJoy can You add to this version only one addon, russians dont have anything with power of A-10... so I just thinking about RHS HIND it's the most powerfull chopper. The highest rank should give us abbility to use it.

>here< is topic about Hind with links to the files.

...in future:

KilJoy is it possible to make an option to mix up armies??

rusians vs french

french vs. german

german vs. british etc.

I dont know anything about making scripts so I just wonder (asking)...

I'm against using addons in my missions for now at least until the proper tools are released to make addons. I have heard the helis that have been made have flight problems. Also there is the issue of someone having to visit some website or go hunting the right files just so they can join a game. Also evolution red doesn't officially exist. nener.gif

whistle.gif ops smile_o.gif

well I just wait until Kronzky make a convert of your ver. of evo which is not exist icon_rolleyes.gif and then I add HIND :P for my private use  yay.gif

KilJoy [sFG],

Tried a search with not much luck...I'm basically bumping my post within this thread.

Do you have any plans for a full multiplayer sort of equivalent of Evolution?

I like Evo but me and my group are starting to have enough of restarting Evo each time. We have very specific way of coop playing (let call it realism way) and we are interesting in doing a list of changes to the overall Evo idea. For private use, if other use is not licensed.

I heard that there is Evo template, but in this huge topic I am unable to find it.

Some features we are planning:

- our fire dispersion script for AI and players

- changing the way limiting the use of vehicles (if you are pilot, you can use only air vehicles, if crew, only land heave vehicles)

- no vehicle respawn

- no vehicle dissapearing

- no mission time limit

- more diversion between missions

- random patrols

- cutting Evo area into two or three parts for different missions

In other words, we plan to make Evo idea more common coop mission for us where it will suit our style of playing more.

Would be great if author of Evo template would create additional topic for it for easy find.

KilJoy [sFG],

Tried a search with not much luck...I'm basically bumping my post within this thread.

What do you mean by full multiplayer? Maybe Kiljoy is confused with your question as I am. I thought it was already a full multiplayer with 30 people?

If you mean players on west and east side. I cant see it happening unless you reduce the numbers of players on each side. Servers are having a hard time with 30 players on 1 side, never mind adding another say 10 for a 20 vs 20.

KilJoy [sFG],

What do you mean by full multiplayer? Maybe Kiljoy is confused with your question as I am. I thought it was already a full multiplayer with 30 people?

If you mean players on west and east side. I cant see it happening unless you reduce the numbers of players on each side. Servers are having a hard time with 30 players on 1 side, never mind adding another say 10 for a 20 vs 20.

Yes stobbsy,

Sorry for being vague in my post. That is what I meant. Player vs. player with essential elements of Evo in place. Obviously I have no doubt it would differ in terms of objectives etc., but I'd love to see a human-player-only twist on Evolution. I think we have a winner here in terms of gametype and even current rank system to ensure "working from the ground up" before graduating on to the best vehicles and to ensure that we have some infantry vs. infantry battles.

I'm sure there are countless options when it comes to completeing an objective. Example - your team captures objective/town X and this means that your "tank factory" becomes functional until you lose the objective.

With regard to lag with many people online - I was under the impression that this had a lot to do with massive amounts of ai activity on the map etc. Of course I could be way off the mark as my local server has never been full to capacity. The game should handle a minimum of 30 vs 30...surely?

Hope I've made myself a little clearer.