Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

C:\Documents and Settings\"your user"\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

The spectate option in the transfer hut doesn't work too well. I've found it impossible to change viewing target in that numerous times.

Not sure if this is a 1.06 bug, as they still haven't fixed 1.08 securom boot bug banghead.gif

but I get a crash to the desktop within 1-2 hours of playing Evolution 3.0.

Anyone else get this?

What exactly is required for a town to be considered captured in v3.0? My buddy and I are still stuck on the first town, we've blown the radio tower (even though its not considered destroyed in the secondary objective), and we've captured the officer.

After countless missions on both air and ground, it seems Parisio has an endless supply of full squads, apc's, uaz's, and tanks.

If the radio tower is still on map, then you've blown up the wrong one... whistle.gif

Oh we got the right radio tower, it was guarded by several troops and an APC. After a few attempts of a foot assault, I loaded a HMMV up with myself a crew, drove directly to the base of the tower, jumped out, had men jump out and cover me, while I set the charge. Ran a few feet, blew it, and died. lol.

But ok, it sounds like the grey area is whats killing us. We were doing Cobra assaults for a bit and we'd fly in, take out 8 vehicles or so, fly back to re-arm, come back.... there's more! So we gotta just park an NPC in the grey to keep the town from respawning.

Give that a twirl later.

Kiljoy, please consider releasing a version of Evo limited to 12 or 15 player slots. I am continually having to abandon games on public servers because after 15-20+ players the server just lags out until the game becomes effectively unplayable. It's not just a bandwidth issue - the more players the harder it is to monitor what everyone is doing and before you know it the lone wolves have snuck off and caused whole new towns to spawn, giving the server a nervous breakdown confused_o.gif. Even a good admin struggles to keep on top of this and anyway has to spectate the whole time rather than play.

I love Evo but have yet to complete a full mission on a public server (which is all I play). I'm not suggesting you reduce Evo's player limit outright, just please release a smaller version in parallel (IMO 12-15 players is perfect for a great Evo session anyway).

Thanks again for your hard work,

Mandrake

Kiljoy, please consider releasing a version of Evo limited to 12 or 15 player slots.

If you are admin on the server when u get to desired number of players just lock the server by doing #lock

If you want to reopen the server just #unlock

Couldnt be easyer....

Early in the game (before having access to the AV8s) there is only one possible method of destruction, and that is fighting your way in through an assault, put a satchel down and then back off and blow it.

Are you sure ?

In older version of Evolution, we were able to destroy radiotower with anything. Vulcan are just brillant to do this kind of job but a lucky/expert AT user can do it to.

Of course, killing it from 500m with a Vulcan has nothing to do with stealth...  tounge2.gif

Kiljoy, please consider releasing a version of Evo limited to 12 or 15 player slots.

If you are admin on the server when u get to desired number of players just lock the server by doing #lock

If you want to reopen the server just #unlock

Couldnt be easyer....

I have tried this but server locking seems to be (understandably) disabled on most public servers.

The other problem is either admin voting is disabled entirely, or you suffer a CTD as admin, then rejoin and find its impossible to get voted back in.... from then on the game runs out of control.

Much simpler to have a version of Evo with fewer slots...

Are you sure ?

In older version of Evolution, we were able to destroy radiotower with anything. Vulcan are just brillant to do this kind of job but a lucky/expert AT user can do it to.

Just hit the TOP (platform) off the tower with an at rocket is enough no lucky shots needed with that just training. tounge2.gif

Over the past couple of days a buddy and myself have been playing v3.0 with one or the other of us acting as the 'host'. We had a couple of lockups that forced us to restart and of course we lost all the game settings/ranks/scores etc.

It would be nice if there was a way the 'host' could save the game at certain points so that it can be resumed at a later date. We don't have the time to play the entire mission in one sitting and we can't leave ARMA running in the background while we do other stuff as we are both beta-testers for another game and need the full computer resources when testing that.

Is there a way to save the game so that it can be resumed at a later date (with the scores/ranks/objectives completed retained) and if not is it possible that a feature like that could be introduced in a later release?

Anyone else getting their butt kicked alot in V3.0?

No matter my rank i always spent most time foot soldiering and V3.0 seems frustrating enough to actually stop playing.

A.i. acuracy, ability to pinpoint player locations, engagement distance and even reaction seem higher, i think their skill is maxed out now.

Its strange that the opfor squads always send the sniper after the players first, i mean the sniper and the MG'ers should stay back wright?

No matter my rank i always spent most time foot soldiering and V3.0 seems frustrating enough to actually stop playing.

A.i. acuracy, ability to pinpoint player locations, engagement distance and even reaction seem higher, i think their skill is maxed out now.

Its strange that the opfor squads always send the sniper after the players first, i mean the sniper and the MG'ers should stay back wright?

Ai skill and accuracy is set usually server side.

The spectate option in the transfer hut doesn't work too well.  I've found it impossible to change viewing target in that numerous times.

New patch broke Keygets spectator mode. Use a/d keys to swap player and w/s to change camera type.

Well i've been playing on kamikaze servers then (more than one) crazy_o.gif .

Entirely agree with stobsy

This has nothing to do with the mission.

Just depends on the server settings and......your skills whistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif

is there no way to stop people cheating and spawning opfor tanks and blowing up the friendly base huh.gif

Heatseeker try playing on the ses server skill is set to 0.4 I would say on avarage a sniper would get you in about the 3rd shot so you have time to cover if you hear him. As for the mission every enemy on the map is 0.5 skill 1 is max, 0 is minimum so there avarage but i have found server skill setting over rides this.

About max players, You can set max players in the servers config, try that if its your server.

About cheaters, servers should run with equal mod enabled. Only problem is people cant join with sound packs installed then.

Please increase timeout for side missions, least ones on northern island. Now it feels way too fast..

Well i've been playing on kamikaze servers then (more than one) crazy_o.gif .

Same problem here..........its unplayable.

Our server has set AIprecission to 0.45 and AIskill to like 0.7+

Most if not all missions are pretty playable, Evolution 3.0 surely is not.

We get in position to take out a target, shoot 2 guys and within a minute all our squad is dead. Keep moving? How are we supposed to do that if we get like swamped by hundreds of enemy forces.

We killed 500+ units on our server and paraiso is still not clear (and yes we destroyed the correct antenna).

Yes, I know we should leave some AI there, but cause we keep getting shot the stupid AI wants to regroup with us, leaving the area no matter what orders I give it.

This has nothing to do with our skills for the smart people here.

If I need to lower all my server settings just to play evolution I guess I know what to do.

If anyone can give me some usefull info of what settings to change without making all other missions toooooo easy I would be more than thankfull.

I was playing on Kamikaze servers, 6th sense and ses were less frustrating smile_o.gif . There is a current bug where opfor will spawn over and over, thats why its harder plus if someone activates more than one town at the same time and this bug happens desync kicks in.

There seems to be a bug in 3.0, every time someone tries to recruit AI for their team, they spawn but are not under their control. I had someone join the server and managed to do this five times and the game then crashed. (my game and I was host)

I can recruit just fine, but I'm the host/group leader. Either it should be disabled for everyone else, or fixed.

I was looking into editing this into a mercenary style mission for our server, but when I tried to open the mission to just muck around and see how it worked I couldn't convince it to open in the editor. Is it encrypted somehow or did I just screw it up?

[We killed 500+ units on our server and paraiso is still not clear (and yes we destroyed the correct antenna).

Yes, I know we should leave some AI there, but cause we keep getting shot the stupid AI wants to regroup with us, leaving the area no matter what orders I give it.

This has nothing to do with our skills for the smart people here.

Not to be too much of a smartass, but if you have 500 kills in Paraiso alone, and you have more than 2 people on the server, it has EVERYTHING to do with "your smarts" and "your skills".

Seriously, how hard is it to put an AI in a jeep on that little road parallel to the airport about 100 yards down?

Seriously, that's in the gray circle, and the guy in the jeep won't EVER move now matter how much you die if he's passenger.

So again, how much thought have you put into your problem before getting yourself this frustrated and writing this post?

The way some of you play this game, you're gonna get Kiljoy to dumb the damn thing back down again and it's going to suck for larger groups just like it did pre-3.0.

That's the real tragedy here.

Are there any plans for future evolution versions to include an external load script for helicopters? It would work great to get crashed vehicles up in the the northern island by slingloading repair and refuel trucks under a UH-60 to the wreckage area because as we all know AI drivers wont cross the bridge at Corazol, and making two trips with a refuel and repair truck to Masbete could be an hour of driving.