Sign in to follow this  
KilJoy -SFG-

Evolution V3.0

Nice one sidemission need to be two human player, He's up and running smile_o.gif

Nice one sidemission need to be two human player, He's up and running smile_o.gif

Sorry this has killed it for me. I enjoyed doing missions solo, part of reason is cause on public server I dont wanna play with some fool I dont know.

Will never ever play this mission again while side missions need 2 players, 95% of players dont even do side missions so Junker's excuse about reducing server lag due to too many missions on at same time is bull.

Stobbsy: You need to find a nice clan server with a group of good guys that play together and on teamspeak/ventrilo. Otherwise, ArmA is a waste of time, IMHO.

There's another thread about a single-player version of Evolution being done.. maybe you belong in THAT thread?

Stobbsy: You need to find a nice clan server with a group of good guys that play together and on teamspeak/ventrilo. Otherwise, ArmA is a waste of time, IMHO.

There's another thread about a single-player version of Evolution being done.. maybe you belong in THAT thread?

Im admin on the SuicideSquad Server and have tested versions from 1.5a to 1.5o. This option was either put on on version p (which was tested for less than 1 day before 3.0 was released) or just on 3.0. Unfortunetely the vast majority of SES players don't like playing Evolution.

As a person who likes only doing side missions, I find it Intolerable that I have to beg people to do side missions with me. Kinda reminds me of the spam in Looking for Group channel in World of Warcraft.

The good thing about Evolution was that you could do what you want when you want and it was so open. If you wanted to go solo in towns, you could. If you wanted to work as a team in towns you could. If you wanted to do side missions solo or in a team you could. If you had an hour to play or 16 hours to play, you could find something to do in evolution.

By restricting this and FORCING people to do this you have destroyed the openess of Evolution for me and now is just another Respawn Coop.

I hear you stobsy...And i agree...That was a bad move

on KilJoy.

Sidemissions was a way to 1: gain points and better weapons

befor going on a real war at the towns. Also 2: A way to get

a bit warm in the unif.

@KilJoy

If there was a problem with sidemissions wasnt there a better

way to deal with that problem?

As per Stobbseys post - I can't see me playing the side missions and therefore can't see me playing v3 despite downloading it. I tend to start my own server - have some buddies play for a while but I then leave the server on and play it over a number of days, often on my own with a few AI. So, this makes it impossible to play and win.

Saying that - I'm still going to h=give it a try and see what happens.

Rich

@Red Devil what are your system specs?

About the 2 human side missions rule. It is not documented but 1 hour after you join a game you can take side missions as 1 human in a group. It really should be made so it is one hour after the game starts even for late connecting players, so you could join a game in progress that was running longer then an hour and take a solo side mission. There is good reasoning behind it as if 30 plyers start a mission at the same time there is the possibilty that 120 vehicles and 240 men all get produced in the same area. but later the mission areas spread out as you cant take lower missions and people start missions at different times. Just for the first hour there can be a bit of a bottle neck. In short my advise if you want to go solo for now is join a server. help out with citys for an hour or join a group doing missions. then go solo if you want.

@ June 17 2007,21:42)]@Red Devil what are your system specs?

About the 2 human side missions rule. It is not documented but 1 hour after you join a game you can take side missions as 1 human in a group. It really should be made so it is one hour after the game starts even for late connecting players, so you could join a game in progress that was running longer then an hour and take a solo side mission. There is good reasoning behind it as if 30 plyers start a mission at the same time there is the possibilty that 120 vehicles and 240 men all get produced in the same area. but later the mission areas spread out as you cant take lower missions and people start missions at different times. Just for the first hour there can be a bit of a bottle neck. In short my advise if you want to go solo for now is join a server. help out with citys for an hour or join a group doing missions. then go solo if you want.

In all my experinece of playing this map from version a to o, about 5 players out of 30 do side missions and some of these only up to 30 or 50 points even at the start.

I dont want to help out in cities, I hate doing cities why should I be forced to play in cities for 1st hour?

Im sorry kiljoy but why should people see my screen chat full of my

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

LFG for Side missions

It would soon irritate them, If I wasnt admin id be kicked and I'd kick people for doing the same thing.

There was no problem for the last 10 test versions why change it at the end on the final release, shouldnt it been in at least another test version?

If the mission is at the stage of the last 2 towns and I join a server and I cant be bothered travelling to pita to get points, shouldnt I be allowed to do missions or whatever the hell I want in my 1st hour on server?

I would like to apologize for my language or how Im behaving. I just finished a 12 hour shift at work on a Sunday, and wanted to relax and shoot some men on Evolution on the server and find out after 10 minutes of loading the game on recieving data that basically the things I like doing in Evolution has been ripped to shreds and im a bit irate about it.

@Red Devil. Best way to get unbanned from the SES server is to post on the SES forums with an explanation or reason for your ban so the admins can discuss and decide if to unban you.

Is the problem where once no players are near a city and all the AI are no longer culled, the AI resets so that next time it is culled all the AI are all back, even the ones you killed, still present?

If the mission is at the stage of the last 2 towns and I join a server and I cant be bothered travelling to pita to get points, shouldnt I be allowed to do missions or whatever the hell I want in my 1st hour on server?

I think there is a misunderstanding. The side missions are not locked for solo players in YOUR first hour on the server, but for the first hour the mission is running on the server.

I dont want to help out in cities, I hate doing cities why should I be forced to play in cities for 1st hour?

Seriously, the mission is about the cities, so why even play it?

Not to be a smart ass, just being serious...

You already are complaining how you hate playing with others, and want to play solo, on a co-op map, and now you're complaining about cities on a map that's all about the cities.

I'm confused.

Is the problem where once no players are near a city and all the AI are no longer culled, the AI resets so that next time it is culled all the AI are all back, even the ones you killed, still present?

That's not a "problem", that's a feature, and one I love in particular. I even like how the radio tower, if still alive, calls in support troops.

For those of you that actually think this is a problem, or don't like it, the solution is MEGA simple:

Get 10 points, recruit a guy, and have him stand in the woods outside a city (within the grey area).

The *only* people I know that complain about this are those playing the server with only 1-4 people - ok, I understand. But also understand if Kiljoy removes this great feature, it hurts the masses that play it with many, many more people on their respective servers... so use my "fix" above.

I am wondering about this - when playing today with a few buddies on my server it seemed once we left all the AI respawned (or perhaps it was only reinforcements since we had not killed the Radio Tower).

Hopefully the AI is not resetting (killed AI coming back in full force) since the 3~4 guys that play on our server will never get past the first few cities. For 1.5 it took us over a week to clear all the cities!

That's not a "problem", that's a feature, and one I love in particular. I even like how the radio tower, if still alive, calls in support troops.

For those of you that actually think this is a problem, or don't like it, the solution is MEGA simple:

Get 10 points, recruit a guy, and have him stand in the woods outside a city (within the grey area).

The *only* people I know that complain about this are those playing the server with only 1-4 people - ok, I understand. But also understand if Kiljoy removes this great feature, it hurts the masses that play it with many, many more people on their respective servers... so use my "fix" above.

Insta-posted... okay this is a big issue for me and my guys!

As for getting a AI guy to sit in the city - doesn't he get killed off when the leader leaves? If so, this really will not work for our server and makes me rather sad.

sad_o.gif

@stobbsy it was a problem a few times when the map started with 30 players on it. There is a bug with how it is working right now. If you join the map in the first hour of the game when the game is 1 hour old you can take missions solo. If you join in progress after 1 hour you can never take them solo. Its a simple case of a missing public variable. but I want to wait a while before doing any updates for all the bugs to come in. Also i will change it so that if under a certain number of players maybe 15 are connected solo side mission taking would be allowed from the start. As it is for now it is a bit harsh but this is a coop after all.

@Odie3 it doesnt take 4 guys that long to clear a city surly. The respawning ai thing is not a thoughtless feture if some person decided to spawn every city and the enemy did not cull when they left, there would be a lot of problems.

Kilory but we have 4 players max and this happened only once or twice. Most times we have three but often it's only 2 (then you have a lot of solo going on during the week). I put 1.5a on last Thursday [June 7th] and we did not clear all the cities until last night at 2am...

Perhaps we will have more at some point but not for some time.

BTW, what does "cull" mean?

Edit:

Kilory - check your PayPa account...

What this mission *really* needs bad is Norrin's Revive-Respawn script.

I was so against that stuff before I saw and used it in Norrin's system, and would LOVE it in Evolution - even if it cost me a point to get revivied or something similar.

Besides, people whine all the time about co-op not really being played co-op, and trust me, there's not a map or script on the planet that encourages co-op like Norrin's Revive script.

@KilJoy:

I absolutely agree with satexas69's recommendation for Norrin's Revive-Respawn script being added to Evolution Coop, because I've played with satexas and his pals on a private server when we tested and put it to use. I hope you'll take a look at it sometime, even if you could PM satexas69 for a looksee on one of his missions on his server.

Talk about teamwork; Norrin's R-R script adds more realism to any coop mission, let alone your mission, which is what Evolution Coop is all about - teamwork.

What I like best of all is that Norrin's revive script is NOT the candy apple coated BF2 revive deal, ZZzap! "You're alive, Noob!" It takes a few seconds for your buddy to revive you, and that hero is indeed laying his life on the line to revive you because he can't shoot back at the enemy in those few seconds of the procedure.

Well Killjoy.

I enjoyed your Evolution 3.0 for about 3 hours. After me and my squad mates attempted, attempted, and re-attempted to capture Parasio we finally went back to Evolution 1.5a.

We would kill a tank, it would respawn, along with 3 BDRMS and another Jeep.

So we though, it was the radio tower, we destroyed it, and they still kept respawning. Over. And Over. And Over. We had 200+ points each just from killing so many respawning AI. So, we thought, maybe we should take out Somatos Radio Tower just to be sure. Took it out. And the re-inforcements continued to come.

It was redundent, as it was impossible to clear.

I've got a terrible headache. I'm going to get off here.

Any Solution for my problem?

I really like v3.

I would like to see one or two (maximum) slots playable on East. Random Class type spawn with appropriate weapons. Towns to spawn in are selectable. You can not leave the dark circle of the town for more than X minutes or you are labeled a deserter and even East troops will shoot at you. Can not spawn in towns that have been cleared, can not get within X meters of West base, etc.

I would enjoy playing as or against human OPFOR units. But only one or two.

@benxcore let me explain very simply how it works. when any west unit enters a town the town populates with enemy. when all west units are killed in the town the towns enemy dissapear. If you recruit one ai and place him at the edge of the dark circle when you and your small group all die together in that town the enemy will not be deleted becuse your AI who you told to halt will still be in the circle. try to hide him ina bush prone on hold fire orders works best, not in a vehicle or komov will zap him. the most enemy you will get in a town is about 120, once you kill all of them the town is clear and you can then move the AI to the next place.

They will never spawn there again.

Just wondering, you now have a new radio command 0-0-7 "Fix Head Bug".

But only leaders have a radio, is that command available for use from anywhere else besides the radio? If not, it will need to be, since it's not a leader-only option.

Good idea, btw.

@ June 17 2007,21:42)]@Red Devil what are your system specs?

Ok, when we started mission yesterday evening within 10 minutes 4 towns were "activated" at the same time.

Does this mean you are going to take towns out because its theoretically possible to activate 11 towns at the same time?

Off your figures this is 11x120 ai at the same time!!

If its a problem spawning ai in the same area in missions, why not just move or create extra spawn points for level 10 missions across the water again as per 1.5a version?

@Panther77 - Yes missions ARE locked for a player on joining until HE/SHE has been on for 1 hour. If you read Kiljoys reply, he says it SHOULD work from 1 hour from the start of the mission, but in fact doesnt and is from when the player joins.

Does that mean if you get disconnected then rejoin you have to wait another hour before doing missions again?