Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Atari & the truth..

I duno, self user made or not, you have to admit the events seem a bit more then coincidental.

Atari begins work on an OFP look alike titled Enemy in Sight

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets....001.jpg

Tactical shooter supposedly cancelled.

Atari takes up being the publisher for Armed Assault, a competetive tactical shooter, does a poor, if it can be called that, job of showing off the game, much less supplying. Unless of course the stores are in a hoax.

Now I may just be overpresumptuous but that seems a tad bit suspicious, however Atari would probably lose sales due to poor distributing, but its always a possibility..poorly distribute the game, make its ratings plumit, open gamers eyes to something else.

Then on the other hand it could be lack of funds and that this is all just coincidence.

The box art is nothing to be worried about, that kind of stuff is 80% of the time always misleading, never take a game by the boxart.

However I do have to say the boxart in and of itself was poorly done..the smoke in the backround doesn't appear as if its distant, the blackhawks rotorblades do not appear to spin at all, the manual and boxart show two complete different things, Though I'm still wondering why they used the lowpoly minigun on the UH-60 for the picture. But at any rate.

But if its true that Atari did not write this then why is their logo repeatedly seen throughout the pdf..

well maybe we get FastRope and more enterable buildings in 1.09 or 1.10 smile_o.gif
Well, this is nice for all of the Codie bashers out there. I remember back when you all were saying anything is better than Codies.

So you get what were looking for.

Steam 0 Sprocket 1

Codies 0 Atari 1

Codies 0 Tens of never before heard of publishers 1

erm ... explain the point with Steam ? i don't get it wink_o.gif

The Steam point is kind of Ironic because there was a poll back in the day if people wanted Steam or BIS's version of such software.

Everybody was complaining and bitching about having ARMA on Steam as if Steam was the antichrist himself. Its ironic that right now there is a 20 page plus complaint thread about Sprocket and people saying how better Steam is. It just brings a smile to my face thinking that a year ago there was so much opposition to Steam which did a very good job selling Red Orchestra.

Also, why is it that Tripwire being novice was able to find a much better publisher. You can buy it in stores pretty much everywhere. I haven't seen ARMA anywhere around here.

Also its impossible to fire like that in ARMA with any AT weapons because of the animations. In ARMA to fire such a weapon, you always need to be crouched which makes that picture impossible even if there were open windows.

Quote[/b] ]I duno, self user made or not, you have to admit the events seem a bit more then coincidental.

Atari begins work on an OFP look alike titled Enemy in Sight

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets....001.jpg

Tactical shooter supposedly cancelled.

Atari takes up being the publisher for Armed Assault, a competetive tactical shooter, does a poor, if it can be called that, job of showing off the game, much less supplying. Unless of course the stores are in a hoax.

Now I may just be overpresumptuous but that seems a tad bit suspicious, however Atari would probably lose sales due to poor distributing, but its always a possibility..poorly distribute the game, make its ratings plumit, open gamers eyes to something else.

Then on the other hand it could be lack of funds and that this is all just coincidence.

What the hell are you babbling about? Why does everything have to be a silly conspiracy theory? This is ridiculous! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]But if its true that Atari did not write this then why is their logo repeatedly seen throughout the pdf..

Atari didn't write it. The authors are listed here.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/articles.php?page=1&p=3380

You'll note that the ATARI logo shows up in the same place on every page, and has a URL from which you can buy ArmA below it. If you can't figure out why it's there, I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you.. aside from that you certainly do not have a future as a detective. crazy_o.gif

@Dslyecxi, you are supporting obviously atari and there lies. it is up to you to do that but it is your image that is going to be damaged.

come on guy, you are obviously supporting atari and there lies. its up to you to do that but its your image that is going to be damaged.

rofl.gif

If this was said tongue-in-cheek as a joke, it's the funniest thing I've read today.

If it wasn't... crazy_o.gif

Regardless of who actually sat down and drew/wrote the stuff, Atari has endorsed it.

That's all it takes.

What the hell are you babbling about? Why does everything have to be a silly conspiracy theory? This is ridiculous! icon_rolleyes.gif
Quote[/b] ]But if its true that Atari did not write this then why is their logo repeatedly seen throughout the pdf..

Atari didn't write it. The authors are listed here.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/articles.php?page=1&p=3380

You'll note that the ATARI logo shows up in the same place on every page, and has a URL from which you can buy ArmA below it. If you can't figure out why it's there, I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you.. aside from that you certainly do not have a future as a detective. crazy_o.gif

Because I'm having a hard time believing the events are just coincidence, the poor distribution is only one of them.

And yes I noticed it was always in the same place, I saw the URL below it.

Anyway, I'm exiting this discussion, we have better things to do then start up the conspiracy all over again, when it won't solve anything.

ARMA has bigger false adertisment problems than that picture confused_o.gif

Lets see...

-Story driven campaign... What story, they consider that campaign a story? More like some missions put together in a day.

-System specs on the box. The requirement specs to enjoy the game well (according to BIS) are just not true wink_o.gif

-Large scale multiplayer: battles where tanks supported by infantry and helicopters take control of an enemy city can be played with 100+ living opponents in a role of both friendly and enemy forces.

I have yet to see more than 50 human players on a server. Without lagging like there's no tomorrow. Is it even possible to have 100 players on normal powerful servers without lag?

Jesus...

Why is it every thread like turns into a bash ArmA thread...

And its always the same people too... crazy_o.gif

The whole "false advertising" thing is BS anyway, every game does it.

<span style='color:#E9EDF2'>The smart money is on me being called a fanboi for this too...</span>

Those windows only open from the interior, to get inside this building you must find the door key... i've heard this key is very small and hidden somewhere on the island smile_o.gif .

Whats the big deal?

My game is broke I think...in my game they forget to put in the files that let me open windows like on my box.

wtf anyone kno how to fix this?

I thought the choppers were supposed to spin as a feature when hit in the tail?

I was looking forward to that.

Or do they and Ive just never seen it happen.

Speaking of false advertisment..........at least Atari did not promise up to 100 Players in MP on the box like Idea Games and Morphicon, now let's start bashing the other publishers.

I am still waiting for Animal Kingdom in ArmA (a dragonfly here and there just doesn't cut it).

To add my opinion.

Game publishers have been doing it for years.

I have laughed at my friends for years, they always buy games from the box art and its most always screenshots of the movies and intros and most often has nothing to do with the gameplay.

I like to see in-game screenshots

I also understand it can take months from ideas to publish.I figure let them do what it takes to sell.The majority of real gamers will research/demo/review before buying

Because of such a high success of OFP, the majority of ARMA buyers just bought it because of OFP and they expected something good.

Fans from the US ordered from Europe long before the demo was even released.

Everything that was fake, can be easilt moded into the game.... so pretty much they are not lying... maybe features not included but they are possible to make. Big deal... there is not window on one building.... or there is no fast rope....

Speaking of false advertisment..........at least Atari did not promise up to 100 Players in MP on the box like Idea Games and Morphicon, now let's start bashing the other publishers.

The things Atari have have endorsed or shown in their box art is impossible, and does not exist (Yet).

However 100 players on a server is easily possible. If I had 100 volunteers to join a server with at least simple requirements. There's nothing that says it has to be lag free.

Atari and other developers bend rules slightly for advertising false content, but do not break them. They are allowed to enhance them slightly and even add possible future information without saying it is.

It's clever and like someone mentioned earlier, everyone does it in the advertising world these days. They need to do it to keep in competition with other games so it will get sold.

They said animals will be in the game. I depbo'd an original addon quite a while ago and found sources for different model related things to wolves. Maybe they are just getting a wolf to fit into a motion capture suit?

Just go and brush ya teeth and get over it!! FFS you guys spend more time whining on forums than playing the game.

nener.gifnener.gif

And like the GRAW videos were really true to game also!!! Marketing = speel = half truths = everyday life

get over it!!

Quote[/b] ]they always buy games from the box art and its most always screenshots of the movies and intros

Ghost recon advanced warfighter trailer vs the actual game

crazy_o.gif

of course there are some buildings with windows you can enter and fire from them at street ...

now You own me beer :)

No i don't :-)

First tell me which building it is, i believe things which i can see :)

Atari is famous for using false misleading marketing strategies. This single factor, has lead many developers to pull their products from the Atari line. Furthermore, said marketing ploy's by Atari have lead to rampant quarterly losses by said company.

Is Atari dead? By no means... no they aren't. But they as a enterprise, are rapidly drawing to a close.

I thought the choppers were supposed to spin as a feature when hit in the tail?

I was looking forward to that.

Or do they and Ive just never seen it happen.

um.. they do.

Atari shitting a whole lot of customers with their fake advertising

yes.

all the advertisement is literally crap and contrived. especially when it comes to the AIs behaviour there are some picutres ... *cough*