Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

Hm.. I think this is the version I had before.. Is that link a new one, or old?

<span style='color:green'>First of all: Great work ppl this is real nice...  notworthy.gif

I was looking for a huey and here it is.   inlove.gif  thumbs-up.gif

Ow and sorry for all the smilies, but i like 'em so much... rofl.gif  

The latest version i found is: VTE_pre_alpha_11-23-07

I've made some mirrors.   wink_o.gif

(Hope thats ok with the creators/posters)  crazy_o.gif  whistle.gif

MEGAUPLOAD

&

RAPIDSHARE PART 1

RAPIDSHARE PART 2

HF!  

goodnight.gif

</span>

Hmm I didnt think it was this much content already in this mod but it was! Its awesome! notworthy.gif

Do you play MP certain times or what, the PMC server is always empty when Im looking.

Quote[/b] ]Do you play MP certain times or what, the PMC server is always empty when Im looking.

im the same every time im on the server its empty

it would be really cool if you guys simply worked out the bugs in the stuff you already have. There is some AWESOME stuff here. Especially the aircraft and troops.

I figure if you worked out eh config bugs first you would get alot more attention than you do. Keep up the good work and i always look forward to news on this MOD.

Please watch your filesizes, you were given a link to the forum rules as part of the forum signup process smile_o.gif

i jut want to say th models you already have look pretty good and so do most of your textures. You need to work out the config issues first

Here you can see that two parts better,

Its an beveled selection.

I know what it is, but what's the bevelled selection bit for? A

Thompson stick magazine doesn't have that.

If you want them, I can give you this kit of parts for a tommy gun:

TMCparts.jpg

These are for an M1928 model so you'll need to remodel and

resize them in several places to represent the M1A1 that

you're making now (eg. remove the guide slots for the drum

magazine and move the slot for the cocking handle etc.), but

these parts have some of the more awkward details (eg. the

ejection opening) already done for you. You just need to add

your own backsights and furniture.

Does anyone know how to use the latest patch with this mod? It seems I can only use 1.08.

Also, everytime I load a map in the editor, I'm missing some kind of rock. When playing, eventually it seems the game CTD's because- my guess- it's supposed to load this rock and can't. Is this common? I've tried to reinstall it and no joy. (Have no crashes with Sahrani)

Finally- and probably most importantly- Im wondering- is this mod dead?

The latest post in their forums here http://tactical.nekromantix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21332

is November 07.

It has a lot of potential, and if I had any skills to offer I would, but I don't. Hope it's still alive, and if not could be resurrected or updated in a more stable platform- if, need be, less ambitious (remove some questionable things if they can't be fixed, e.g. F-4s with pilots sitting on canopies...)

alot of the problems with the VTE stuff is simple refining. The pilot sitting outside the aircraft was a simple fix..... i just moved the proxy in o2.

You are not the only one with the rock problem i was never able to sort it out. I loved this stuff so much that i wound up creating individual PBOs for the equipment i wanted to use.

I would love to hear for the guys on this MOD if they are still working on it. If not would they mind allowing the community to continue refining everyhting on an individual basis.

Its an beveled selection.

Isnt it better to do things like that with normal maps?

VTE editing continues, just did few tweaks today. If anyone is willing to help, feel free to PM me here or in PMC Tactical forums.

I think the idea of other people having a go at fixing stuff on an individual basis is a good one.

If you've gone in and fixed something you didn't like then please tell the guys and offer it up for the mod.

Obviously you'll have to get the ok from them to use it because you don't want conflicts when they release their next update.

I have already had a go at the M113.

Sample.jpg

If anybody else has done work on the VTE stuff please contact snake-man. Lets get the community into this MOD.

I think the idea of other people having a go at fixing stuff on an individual basis is a good one.

If you've gone in and fixed something you didn't like then please tell the guys and offer it up for the mod.

Obviously you'll have to get the ok from them to use it because you don't want conflicts when they release their next update.

I have already had a go at the M113.

nice work with the m113, hope snakeman will include it for the next release. Looks alot better smile_o.gif

Lost touch with the Mod for a while but I'm still working on it now and then, I'm not even sure if anyone else is working on VC units but anyway here are some that I spend the last couple of days on

vc2hs2.th.jpg

vc3th7.th.jpg

my main project are U.S. units but I needed a break from those for a while... I'm redoing everything I have made so far