Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

Perhaps you remember the v0.4 which is for OFP?

biggrin_o.gif nice try , I * distinctly * remember seeing a tigerstripe retexture of a *sussly* looking arma player model holding a M79. biggrin_o.gif

Never the less the units keep me happy for the moment and the new coverted weapons and vehicles keep me entertained.

Now that you guys completed converting the old ones, why not make a new mod with new models and maps/map?

Now that you guys completed converting the old ones, why not make a new mod with new models and maps/map?

think i can answer this..

Its on its way, but it take alot alot of time.

Do you intend to make a BLU-82 Daisy Cutter?

They already did or something similar, I remember dropping it out of the C-130.

Do you intend to make a BLU-82 Daisy Cutter?

They already did or something similar, I remember dropping it out of the C-130.

yes!MC-130 Combat Talon Dropping Fuel air bomb

Very impressive mod. I wasn't aware of it's scope until now.

About 20 massive islands, many hundreds of objects, many vehicles and weapons and more...

Edit: Have since found about 10+ missions around from hosting sites.

However, I'm lost trying to locate some missions for this mod.

Could someone please advise on what is available or do we need to get them off the server's hosting it directly?

Hi,

I really like where this mod is going. I have a relative who was a NAM veteran and he has told me some of his experiences, so I was really interested in this mod from the get go. However I have encountered and error, I would have started account on your own forums but I couldn't find a button allowing me to register a new account.

I am trying to install the mod so far this is what I have done.

ACER(C:) > Program Files > Atari > ArmA > @VTE > addons

All files are placed in here however, when I tried to execute the hotfix using the runme.bat I get this error

This system cannot find the file specified

I really hope someone can come up with an answer for this problem. Since I did search your own forums but didn't really find a useful installation readme.

Also If I can register for a forum account I would like to help with some research.

Thanks

The patch files have a readme called pre_alpha_10-05-07_hotfix-02.txt and it tells you what to do.

Quote[/b] ]Installation, unrar this packet to the VTE mod directory so that the files will be placed in the VTE dir. Then run "runme.bat" batch file.

So place your extracted files in your @VTE folder. in your case and run bat file.

I additionally deleted the extracted files before proceeding with successive patches and their extraction, but I'm not sure if that was required or not.

Ahh thanks, I just made a really stupid error.

Anyways I would still like to help do research with this mod.

Quote[/b] ]However, I'm lost trying to locate some missions for this mod.

Could someone please advise on what is available or do we need to get them off the server's hosting it directly?

There is no missions released. Isn't it nice, when I made sure that VTE v0.4 had many missions people just complained about them... now that there is no missions... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I would have started account on your own forums but I couldn't find a button allowing me to register a new account.

You can PM me here in BIS forums with your login/pass/email information and I can then create account for you in PMC Tactical forums.

Great mod guys, I noticed you fixed the passenger seats in the huey, but now the pilot can't even see over the dash board. The gunship variants have the correct pilot seating though, as well as the CH-34 and 37. Another thing I have noticed is that when you put a get out waypoint for the AI, they don't actually get out of the choppers.

could anyone send me the weapon pool names, I am having trouble putting VTE weapons in crates, sad_o.gifpistols.gif

Unpbo the weapons addon and search for the names in the config.

the alpha release is very impressive great job on your models and vehicles. There is just one major part. i think you need to package the mod differently. Maybee take a page fromt eh bush wars guys and release individual add ons. I like your vehicles and want to use them but i dont want your splash screens. Also by releasing them individually it gives the community an opportunity to test and help improve your designs as well as spark ideas for new or better ones. That will definately speed up the development of this incredible project

First of all, i know that there is a long way ahead, but this alpha is very good and looks very capable of being one of the best ArmA mods.

Second, do you use Kurt's (the QG main caracter) helmet fot the AirCalvary soldiers?

Thanks for giving me a reason to play ArmA MP again! inlove.gif

Very Impressive!

I liked the Islands, they were absolutely amazing, and the sheer amount of vehicles and armed personel included were astounding! There were many kinks, but such is expected with an alpha release! Also, I noticed that all of the effects  appeared to be ofp imports, this project has been in the works since the early days yes?

I have a question:

I loved the mod, and now I have a new desktop Icon linking to just it, but I would also like to add all of the new units and islands to my normal game (by splitting the pbos from the mod into two folders)

I want to take out the sounds (Im going to play with Chammy's instead of the included sounds) and Ide also like to take out the loading screens and various changes to the UI. Basically, All i want to keep is the vehicles, islands, and troops, without the other additions that make the mod a "mod" for my normal game, the question is, which PBO's should I take out? (Which pbos include the UI changes and the loading screens? I have alread found the sounds :P )

Also: Have you guys considered switching to the more realistic looking napalm effects that were released just this month I believe?

First of all, i know that there is a long way ahead, but this alpha is very good and looks very capable of being one of the best ArmA mods.

Second, do you use Kurt's (the QG main caracter) helmet fot the AirCalvary soldiers?

what?

Haven't played QG, but all the US units in VTE at the moment are using a retextured default BIS soldier as a placeholder??

You guys need to change the patch on the special forces soldiers, they are currently wearing the 25th infantry division patch. If they wear anything with the tiger stripes, it should be the arrowhead with 3 lightning bolts, an airborne tab, and a special forces tab.

Quote[/b] ]Second, do you use Kurt's (the QG main caracter) helmet fot the AirCalvary soldiers?

You mean the QG guy on the left's helmet?

002ecc.jpg