Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

I know a very good "vietnam" song, rolling stones -Painted Black-          it is so good, and classical, used in many movies and mods.  smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

It's actually "Paint it Black"

And that was my vote from the beginning.

I got the latest alpha from this october, and then I tried to apply the hotfix 2 and it wont work. I extracted it to the VTE directory and ran the runme.bat but it says it can't find the files. I tried to do it myself manually but ended up with some islands that have no texture and the OH-6 causes a CTD. Any ideas what to do?

Quote[/b] ]I extracted it to the VTE directory and ran the runme.bat but it says it can't find the files. Any ideas what to do?

Well where is your ArmA located?

How is your VTE mod dir named?

What parameters you use to launch ArmA with VTE loaded?

Edit: Snakeman, I got it to work, redownloaded and started from scratch. Gonna be fun flying the OH-6 online.

This is the directory for my VTE: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\vte

This is my shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=FDF_Sounds;vte;

The mod ran, just need to get the hotfix 2 to work somehow.

Vietnam: The Experience modification from OFP is now on ArmA, we have already released quietly two full pre-alphas and few hotfixes. We are working very hard to fix the ported OFP models and tweak the config.

VTE-0174.jpg

VTE-0102.jpg

VTE-0113.jpg

VTE-0195.jpg

We cannot do this alone, we dont have the modeler and texturer we need at the moment. If anyone wants to help, please contact us in our web page or forums here or email us directly at tactical at nekromantix dot com

Thank you and remember, Vietnam needs you smile_o.gif

I am reading the book "Force Recon Diary 1969" at the moment. It is a very good read. Would be great to have some kind of Vietnam mod for Armed Assault.

I gots to say , even at the alpha stage , this stuff is hella fun.

I've been utilizing this and the urban patrol script in conjunction to great effect. My clan created a sort of free roam on MDSZ with no set objectives but rather AI groups set to patrol various parts of the island. This way we'd never be exactly sure of when we'd encounter enemies or where. At one moment a village was occupied by VC , the next time we played it was clear and we found them in a jungle 200 meters south. We pretty much could patrol the whole islands not knowing when or where it might happen. Very tense stuff. Thanks guys. BTW that M16A1 model is excellent , so is the pig. Can't wait for the XM177E1/Commando.

Hey icehollow, nice to hear you are enjoying it. I would be interested of this mission you mentioned (or any missions you've done for that matter), any chance you could send it to me?

Btw our VTE server is online 24h, check out details here.

Wow mod is looking good and far more advanced than I expected at this point. I know how much work it involves.

Winter is almost here, I been busy cause of that and In my spare time Titans Quest Immortal Throne has me hooked , lol

Dragon44 thanks for the DHC4 model, much appreciated.

BraTTy yeah long time ago I sent you a PM, ikonboard shows it unread (dunno if thats true), so check your inbox smile_o.gif

@Snake problem fixed thx. Got a few errors online on your server some addons that I don't have for the 1 cav mission.

Nice mod smile_o.gif

We run 100% VTE only there, if you get errors then there is something wrong in your install.

Hey icehollow, nice to hear you are enjoying it. I would be interested of this mission you mentioned (or any missions you've done for that matter), any chance you could send it to me?

Btw our VTE server is online 24h, check out details here.

Sure thing only a few probs:

1. The mission runs with urban patrol script (thats not really a problem I'd just send it with it). I've also got to update mission but can't atm due to below.

2.the mission is like a bare arse , no briefing , no objectives , just patrolling enemy squads in the jungles and towns. I pretty much made it so my clan would get used to being on their toes from not ever knowing when or where we'd make contact.

3. I having problems with VTE at the moment. I originally downloaded the alpha release , and hotfix 1. Now I got excited when I saw 2 new hotfixes for the vietnam goodness. But to my dismay , hotfix didn't *seem* to install , but hotfix 3 did. Then when I went to open arma it tells me VTE cant find music cfg h or something. Whereas my friend got a different error saying it couldnt find magazine cfg.

confused_o.gif

BraTTy yeah long time ago I sent you a PM, ikonboard shows it unread (dunno if thats true), so check your inbox smile_o.gif

Weird... I read it right off, browsed your forums and dowloaded the mod.

I haven't checked it out much yet but I am using PC more lately. More time soon

everytime I try to download hotfix 3 i get one corrupted file. And when I try to redownload it, it finished really quickly with the same problem. How do I fix this?

This whole thread is full of annoying; OH this song, NO this song! ooh i like this song! banghead.gif

thumbs-up.gif

At last, some 'Nam action again. GJ chaps.

Downloaded and patched ok, have only had a quick play but it's like being home again. wink_o.gif

A couple of issues with objects floating on the islands but that's a minor point...main thing is it works!

Cheers

Just installed the VTE mods. Had a quick game, and allthough its Alpha - release, it looks awesome!!! smile_o.gif

I have not installed the COC mod yet. Could you chaps give me more details about what its for, as I am a bit confused crazy_o.gif

I am a big Vietnam fan, and a big Arma fan, so I am really chuffed about this addon. Thanks to all the chaps responsible for creating this!

CoC CEX is only required in our dedicated multiplayer server as we have few nice CEX missions there and I'd hate to see X amount of users to drop out while we start one of those missions. Most likely at some point CEX as well as possible future UA will be required addons even in SP mode.

Hmm snake finally fixed my VTE by Re-downloading the RE-alpha release then patching it , however I was a bit dissapointed to find all the units and most weapons are still In placeholder format. I thought I remembered seeing a tigerstripe unit in some screenies sad_o.gif?