Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

That sucks, you made some cool stuff.

What will happen to VTE, will you release it as is, or will you just pass it on?

That sucks, you made some cool stuff.

What will happen to VTE, will you release it as is, or will you just pass it on?

passing on to snake_man.

Sad that you'll leave... editing "branch" from OFP/ArmA!

But hopefully you will play some mission/addons and give some little advice or ideas from time to time?

Looking nevertheless forward to new VTE in ArmA! smile_o.gif

Well despite granQ leaving, I am sure this mod will still be completed. I suppose part of this is up to BI, if they would hurry up and make the damned mod tools already, this would be done way faster. I am really looking forward to the island editor. I love map making for all games. Once I figure the program out of course.

Snakeman, If you are reading. You know the re skinned RACS troops, I thought they looked a bit bare, may I recommend using the RACS royal guard models, with the backpacks and stuff, they would look way cooler. Plus when you see pictures of Vietnam GI's they all have tonnes of crap on their backs.

Seeing as the main problem with player models in armed assault is the lack of bulkiness, the royal guard models will surely make up for that.

If you like the models you have already, then you should consider the royal commando model for the m60 gunners.

Sorry to hear GranQ leaving us.

Hope he'll be back

Some input that I am very interested in Vietnam mod for Arma,maybe join or start one

One thing that bothers me already even tho I have said that Arma was a good engine for Vietnam mod is the tunnels.

Must have tunnels!

M16 with 30 rounds mag and XMS with 20?

always known it the other way round.

Are you going to "realistically" underload the magazines (eg.

18 rounds in a 20 round M16 magazine)?

30 round M16 magazines weren't used very much in Vietnam.

They were first tested at the Aberdeen proving ground in

June 1970, and only some time thereafter trickled into

theatre in small numbers.

They used 18-20 rounds in the m16 so it wouldn't jam that often.

It was not so much the number of rounds, it was the rate of fire was too high.

The wrong powder used in the rounds and no cleaning kit was issued with the weapon in the early days.

Wasn't it also because the spring in the mag wasn't too good?

The wrong powder used in the rounds and no cleaning kit was issued with the weapon in the early days.

Ahh poo, double post.

That too.

I seem to remember being asked for some effects some weeks back smile_o.gif

is a promising example of some napalm. I need to do an initial explosion of flame but I think it looks pretty close to what you're after?

I doubt the ArmA engine is capable of the huge curtains of fire & smoke I see in reference footage, but I think you can use this effect nonetheless.

That is real nice, maybe add some more not so circular would look even better

Like a few sparks flying too

I seem to remember being asked for some effects some weeks back smile_o.gif

is a promising example of some napalm. I need to do an initial explosion of flame but I think it looks pretty close to what you're after?

I doubt the ArmA engine is capable of the huge curtains of fire & smoke I see in reference footage, but I think you can use this effect nonetheless.

Hey, somebody listened to my suggestion biggrin_o.gif (or just came up with it on their own)

Anyways, that looks awesome.

hi,

Vte is the mod i'm waiting the most for. If you need someone for beta testing, i will be happy to help. Hope the first version come out soon wink_o.gif

Hey guys I've been waiting for your Vietnam mod and was wondering if I can beta test and if you have any new information. Just PM me or put it in the topic.

man, that was weird!

i was just seraching for this thread earlier today.

but i was just wondering,

are you guys still working on this or what?

I havent seen any more progress.

I dunno whats going on with this project atm. I wish SOMEONE would tell us some sort of news, good or bad.

Well i am out as i said earlier, but snakeman is working..

However he didn't share my "release plan" and since I am not part of VTE anymore I can't say how the ETA looks now for the first release. All i know is that work havn't stopped.

If its good or bad news is up to you.

I know a very good "vietnam" song, rolling stones -Painted Black- it is so good, and classical, used in many movies and mods. smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

Is this mod sorta dead...? Or has it just slowed down a bit, I am not trying to be rude. It is an honest question.