Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

I got a cool song! its called - Stairways to Heaven... look it up.

here -

Mail your songs with your name to:

daniel@granq.se

why are you posting songs here if he asked to send them to the email? huh.gif

Tack-Up @ July 20 2007,05:36)]Gran Q any updates, im eager to get into the seat of that Huey

then you are up for a waiting, VTE won't come with a huey for the first release.

WHAT?!?!  wow_o.gif

I'm sorry but how can you release a Vietnam mod for all of us fans without a Huey?!?!  To me the huey is a, if not the, major icon of the Vietnam War. IMHO of course  whistle.gif

Dont meant to be a pain in the arse, but jus screen everything, it all sounds sooo cool!

Tack-Up @ July 20 2007,05:36)]Gran Q any updates, im eager to get into the seat of that Huey

then you are up for a waiting, VTE won't come with a huey for the first release.

WHAT?!?!  wow_o.gif

I'm sorry but how can you release a Vietnam mod for all of us fans without a Huey?!?!  To me the huey is a, if not the, major icon of the Vietnam War. IMHO of course  whistle.gif

because there is no models.. hard to release something you don't have.

WHAT?!?! wow_o.gif

I'm sorry but how can you release a Vietnam mod for all of us fans without a Huey?!?! To me the huey is a, if not the, major icon of the Vietnam War. IMHO of course whistle.gif

Well, if you actually comprehend the actual work needed to create addons, you surely understand.

I do not know GranQ's modding experience and abilities, but I know from a friend of mine who is modeller/animator, a 3D-model isn't just made with the snap of your fingers, it takes long time to make it look accurate, make it optimized and all.

But after that grueling process, he has to prepare it for texturing, and so no one complains, he must work hard and long on making a highquality texture, which also isn't the easiest part if you are not so good at it.

Finally, there is sound and config.

Et, voila, you have made an addon! wow_o.gif

I think you should not grief over what you don't have, instead, treasure what you do have wink_o.gif

And back to the thread: Great looking stuff there GranQ, loved SFP, hoping to see the same quality as SFP4 throughout all your addons smile_o.gif

Best regards

WHAT?!?!  wow_o.gif

Well, if you actually comprehend the actual work needed to create addons, you surely understand.

I do not know GranQ's modding experience and abilities, but I know from a friend of mine who is modeller/animator, a 3D-model isn't just made with the snap of your fingers, it takes long time to make it look accurate, make it optimized and all.

But after that grueling process, he has to prepare it for texturing, and so no one complains, he must work hard and long on making a highquality texture, which also isn't the easiest part if you are not so good at it.

Finally, there is sound and config.

Et, voila, you have made an addon! wow_o.gif

I think you should not grief over what you don't have, instead, treasure what you do have wink_o.gif

And back to the thread: Great looking stuff there GranQ, loved SFP, hoping to see the same quality as SFP4 throughout all your addons smile_o.gif

Best regards

I don't think my post reflected anything towards "its easy to make a Huey addon so what is it not there". I saw a you tube vid of the Huey and was wondering why is wasn't going to be released. From what I saw, it looked pretty darn good.

Why don't you just release the huey placeholder? It may have problems, but at least we will have a huey.

I think your theme song should be satisfaction, by the rolling stones.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvtDElXoTx8

will check with Selectthis if I can find him, guess placeholder could work and then we all wait for CSJ huey.

Personaly I hope people understand it will be mostly a "placeholder" first release, some stuff looks kickass but nothing is 100% kickass sofar. Maybe some of the weapons..

Why don't you just release the huey placeholder? It may have problems, but at least we will have a huey.

I think your theme song should be satisfaction, by the rolling stones.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvtDElXoTx8

will check with Selectthis if I can find him, guess placeholder could work and then we all wait for CSJ huey.

Personaly I hope people understand it will be mostly a "placeholder" first release, some stuff looks kickass but nothing is 100% kickass sofar. Maybe some of the weapons..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3660681712765101175

Though the interior is certainly under decorated, the outside is plenty good. The interior is not completely required.

I am hoping for a release this weekend, if possible of course. I would really like to see the units and stuff.

I have a couple of recommendations for you, purely for resourcefulness.

- You know how the soldiers sit with their feet hanging over the edge of the huey, may I recommend that you use the MH-6 sitting animation for it, I think it would work perfectly.

- I remember you talking about the mortar, I think it should work essentially like a grenade launcher, it should be carried like a rocket launcher, when you set it up, it should use the ammo grabbing animation, then when you get in it like a turret, the character should have the animation of the automatic grenade launcher. Where they are sitting down. It should fire a grenade up in the air. Which will come back down and explode.

Rather than having it selectable like a weapon that you can take out, you should just have an option like "deploy mortar" when you select that, the character sets it up.

Though the interior is certainly under decorated, the outside is plenty good. The interior is not completely required.

I am hoping for a release this weekend, if possible of course. I would really like to see the units and stuff.

I have a couple of recommendations for you, purely for resourcefulness.

- You know how the soldiers sit with their feet hanging over the edge of the huey, may I recommend that you use the MH-6 sitting animation for it, I think it would work perfectly.

- I remember you talking about the mortar, I think it should work essentially like a grenade launcher, it should be carried like a rocket launcher, when you set it up, it should use the ammo grabbing animation, then when you get in it like a turret, the character should have the animation of the automatic grenade launcher. Where they are sitting down. It should fire a grenade up in the air. Which will come back down and explode.

Rather than having it selectable like a weapon that you can take out, you should just have an option like "deploy mortar" when you select that, the character sets it up.

Interior doesn't really matter that much to me...just the fact that your flying one! smile_o.gif Even though the Cobra and blackhawks have decent interior...to me they look like total crap. And before you ask I have my graphics on ultra high running at 1920x1200 and using an XFX 8800 GTX. The throttle arm on the blackhawks looks very pixelated and like a kid drew it. Does anyone elses look this way?

Quit being so impatient. Coding is pretty hard and very time consuming. Many mod's first releases for any game are usually a rough sketch, if you will, with either just coding changes or even gun models. Mods don't happen over night.

For having been in the modding scene for 6 years, I've learned take your time to do something correct and do it once, so you don't have to redo it later. Just take your time fellas, and don't get rushed.

Quit being so impatient. Coding is pretty hard and very time consuming. Many mod's first releases for any game are usually a rough sketch, if you will, with either just coding changes or even gun models. Mods don't happen over night.

For having been in the modding scene for 6 years, I've learned take your time to do something correct and do it once, so you don't have to redo it later. Just take your time fellas, and don't get rushed.

Where the hell did that come from?

We already know the huey works...

to bring you upto date..

I am out from VTE, infact from ArmA editing basicly, have a first release candidate ready but can't wait anymore. Hate that.. but snakeman is gone until the 5th I think. Anyway, to make long story short. There is a vte.zip thats "ready" for release (sure have bugs and all not that pretty but its a start).

So its up to snakeman and I think he wish to add more stuff before release.

If you swedish you probaly hear more from me at www.anrop.net

but other then that i like to say good bye, its been great fun with editing for ofp, helping out WGL, Unsung and others with small stuff and making the SFP.

If anyone wonders why, the reason put simple is "it used to be fun". It isn't anymore.

Sad to see you leave GranQ, well thanks for your work on OFP and ArmA and especially the RHS Hind for ArmA that wouldnt be out at all if it wasnt for yu and Mecha.

Sorry you are leaving granq i have always admired your work since ofp way back, good luck for the future.

I do understand your reasons I think Arma in the end is too much like ofp in many respects and its inevatable that "its all been done before " feeling sets in.

Maybe we see you in game 2 or even ofp2 if it is as accesible as it should be.

Too bad you're leaving GranQ...

We have lost so many talented modders over time ! Well, I can understand the reasons, as it is getting harder and harder to have fun with ArmA (at least for me). Sometime, you spent just too much time editing compared to playing.

You can get back to a normal life, now ! wink_o.gif Thanks for everything you've done.

Malick

Cya around GranQ  sad_o.gif

Thanks for the help you have given to many people during your times in OFP and ArmA. You certainly made a difference. I understand what you mean about your reasons. I wish you good luck and hope you find back the fun in whatever you plan to do next with the now open free time and your talents.

Hope to see you around maybe some day still. Maybe not as a modder but maybe still as a player.

Cheers,

Warrior X™ {The Unsung} [Zeus] [Team 2-2]  smile_o.gif

Take care GranQ, everybody who knows what you've done for the community and game will appreciate all of the hardwork and dedication you have shown.

Quote[/b] ]I am out from VTE, infact from ArmA editing basicly

What happened? Just got bored or too many people with bad attitude?

Thanks for the Hind.

Quote[/b] ]I am out from VTE, infact from ArmA editing basicly

What happened? Just got bored or too many people with bad attitude?

Thanks for the Hind.

First of all, thanks alot for your "farewells", feels good that some people liked what you done.

And what happened, little bit of many things, bad attitude I can live with, most cases I think its OK. Most of the time I spend with the swedish community on anrop.. and being the "boss" let me decide whats acceptable or not wink_o.gif

its really sad that it isn't more discussions or allowed to be discussions about the community and behaviour.. BUT that haven't affected my decision.

To sum it up, I am now 23 years old, been doing editing for OFP/ArmA almost "fulltime" everyday,sometimes just a plain mission, sometimes addons.. since the release of OFP demo.

End of this month I am starting university and got tired of editing, closed all my projects not starting any new. This feels like the right time to stop.