Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

You know, that model isn't bad. It's textures suck ass. But the model is good, I think with some re-texturing you could work with that.

I'd say make a new island from scratch as soon as the tools are out, ArmA supports smaller terrain cells, no?

But well, you could always release one island first, and another one later.

Is that island that you have in the movies Sahrani?

Because it looks like it is your own map..

yeap we got some nam islands.. are they sahrani quality?

No.

Are they vietnam feelingish.. yeah..!

Will we include them, probaly, why not? had nice games already on them.

Will we make new islands once we get the tools??? we see..

anyway, this was part of my "story" about NVA goes and forces the civillians to "see their point of view".. (bad guys)..

and americans coming to help them (Good guys)..

http://granq.se/files/vte/nva.jpg

http://granq.se/files/vte/patrol.jpg

Now for the next "screenshot" session i will make the american bad guys and the vc/nva to "freedom fighters"..hopefully not adding to much politics here.. its game damnit wink_o.gif

do you have an f-4 phantom made yet?

kinda.. made but not imported.

Not sure if we will, i mean.. arma is not about planes and thats all we got kinda.

I want to add mortars right now and together with the guys at zeus we got some cool ideas for bunkers.. so thats my prio right now.

Lu7v the work guys, about napalm does anyone remember CoC Napalm the bombs that tumble like real napalm bombs they were the best, apart from the bomb texture "Camo" should be silver like aluminium, and the fire texture were not great, but Arma's textures would change that

here is a link for what i mean about tumble

BE WARNED the start is pretty awful but later in the film u will see what i mean

It's key that you make sure that all aircraft bomb correctly. Too many of the VTE planes missed their targets with ordnance or flew into the ground on bomb runs.

Are you still looking for a theme song?

I have a good idea for one, and if I can figure out all my programs for music making I could go at it.

It is like blues licks with an eastern sounding rhythm. Thats the rough idea lol.

somebody should take the real 60's music and just take out the voice, it would make good theme music. No offense, but I think the real 60's music would sound better than the stuff people are going to make here... Unless we have some professional musicians.

oh, for the mod, are you going to replace the crappy explosion sounds? (and gunfire too) because the default sounds suck ass. If you could get some nice echoing booms that would be great, hell I could even try to get you some good sounds.

You know what, I will see if I can get you some realistic sounds, I could just make a youtube video, and you could tell me if you like them or not. What file format do the sounds have to be in to work for armed assault?

Theme song...how about Paint it Black by the Stones. This use to be the theme song for Tour of Duty..a series back in the 80's if Im not mistaken.

Guest Ti0n3r

Or how about the song playing in the main menu of either good 'ole Vietcong or BF Vietnam. Those are two damn nice tunes.

Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

A seminally "Vietnam" song.

I still need an answer for my question, What file format do the sounds have to be in to work for armed assault? mp3? wav?

As for the music, I think you should have all day and all of the night, by the kinks.

That is nam music too.

I still need an answer for my question, What file format do the sounds have to be in to work for armed assault? mp3? wav?

As for the music, I think you should have all day and all of the night, by the kinks.

That is nam music too.

In OFP it was OggVorbis, Im sure it would be the same for ArmA.

EDIT: Music is in Ogg, and sounds are can be in Wav as far as I remember.

thanks, I was already converting to WAV... Good guess biggrin_o.gif

Here is a sample of my sounds, sorry, youtube cut off the napalm.

I have not done any heavy editing, if you guys would like the sounds, you would have to edit them.

the only sound that I did not get from the real thing itself was the napalm, that was from he mythbusters cement truck explosion. But napalm is a bomb full of gasoline, basically. so it will sound like a generic explosion.

I will be adding more of those youtube videos as updates. I have just gotten the ak47 and m16 sounds. I am going to get the FAL and M40 too. Maybe some mortar sounds. If you guys have input on these sounds, I would love to hear it.

Here is my second sound test, it is more complete. It has basicly all the weapons VTE will have (most of them, I think.)

don't worry, the ones that include explosions are separate files, not joined.

And as a request, do you think you could use the RPG 2 sound? It sounds so awesome.

I just love the idea of firing the RPG 2 into the jungle and taking out a squad. especially with the sound.

Also, have you asked linker about his tropical models pack? You could use them... they are low poly, and run with a good FPS. Plus they look good, no offense. But I am not a fan of the tree models you are using currently, these ones are much nicer (in my opinion).

http://www.armedassault.info/

go down the list a bit.

Here is a Vietnam video I made with them just to show you what they are like during a mission. (don't worry, It doesn't suck, it is fairly good) It has kick ass music, and white rabbit.

Are you going to add daisy cutters to this mod? It would be nice to blow apart jungles...

Tack-Up @ July 20 2007,05:36)]Gran Q any updates, im eager to get into the seat of that Huey

then you are up for a waiting, VTE won't come with a huey for the first release.

We were considering releasing last weekend, it won't be a "complete mod with missions and blabla" it would be just some basic stuff that hopefully people could enjoy playing with, make some missions and then with the release of the tools get updated models.

I will see if we have a release ready this weekend or not.

The package isn't that great but I belive its better to take many small steps over time then hold back everything until "its done".. because the gaming community seen that way too often.

ofcourse then everyone will whine about bugs.. whatever you do you can't make it right wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif its always good news when we hear people say that they will work on this project.

Alot Love Nam Mod. Wish you good luck and good inspirations.

Cant wait to test it! inlove.gif

Nice find, that is a cool song wink_o.gif