Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

Tour Of Duty?

Yeh good news about this mod coming back, enjoyed the OFP stuff many times over and over :P

best of luck.

Tour Of Duty?

Yeh good news about this mod coming back, enjoyed the OFP stuff many times over and over :P

best of luck.

chocolate chip or peanut butter? biggrin_o.gif

Great news, i loved your OFP addons. I think you should concentrate on island and campaign, try to simulate jungle as good as possible, and lots of missions and campaigns rather than spending time on 15 differrent versions of UH-1.

I'll be waiting for the release, so keep up the good work. biggrin_o.gif

for all the songs questions.. yes we need more, go ahead.. but not just a song straight out like surfin bird. I would personally prefer something home made esp for the VTE.

and please do, even if i don't select your song it will still be in the pbo..

So far only got one song.. (and its very nice, you will hear it later trust me)

deadline is in late in august

oh and kutya.. congratulations!

There are some good songs for the 'Nam era.

The BF Vietnam soundtrack got them, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now...Vietcong, too.

Jefferson Airplane, The Kinks, Iggy Pop & Stooges, Edwin Starr, definitely Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, Johnny Wright, Nancy Sinatra, "MC" Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, Rolling Stones, The Trashmen & The Troggs.

But actually, we need instrumental guitar music for the camp fire (or burning jungle) ambience. I'd love to hear a radio with presenters and music like in Vietcong. Radio Hanoi would be great too, not just the psychological effect.

What about short recordings, which could be inserted at turnpoints in missions? For example when your objective changes from a simple patrol to a S&D one. What I mean is 'fills' or 'licks' in guit. lang. If you're interested, I could make some.

@granQ: thanks!

What about short recordings, which could be inserted at turnpoints in missions? For example when your objective changes from a simple patrol to a S&D one. What I mean is 'fills' or 'licks' in guit. lang. If you're interested, I could make some.

@granQ: thanks!

yeah that would be great, did a mission for old ofp nam where i put on some short music right before you got into a village with some fog.. even as a mission maker knowing what would happen it gave me some creapy feeling smile_o.gif

i have tons of vietnam songs, i could do a 'vietnam' eve to run them all down on the radio....

just say the word....

i have tons of vietnam songs, i could do a 'vietnam' eve to run them all down on the radio....

just say the word....

a day before we release i guess?

and live chat with the vte crew? If i can get the other dudes and fix my mic smile_o.gif

so....whens the release date on this?huh.gif

Im tottally pumped!

It would be great to see Nam in ArmA. Yet I am still playing in daily OFP mp Hawkins minimod JF .

Great news to have a future vietnam mod...

I played a lot to VC1 and VC2... and me and my friends are impatient to come back fight near riceplants and drink a beer in Cholon  wink_o.gif

I saw 3 videos of VTE mod... look great  yay.gif

Now that multiple gun turrets are much easier in Arma (compared to OFP) do you think it be possible to make an ACAV for VTE? With an ACAV, we could make some pretty good convoy missions smile_o.gif

Woah, you got an island ingame? awesome.

I'd say you should release some kind of mini-demo with the island, so I can play around on it with Vilas addons.

Woah, you got an island ingame? awesome.

I'd say you should release some kind of mini-demo with the island, so I can play around on it with Vilas addons.

there is tons of ofp missions for vte and even campaigns.

Since I am trying to use the same classnames for atleast vehicles, it shouldn't be so hard to import them to ArmA and release with the package.

Still kinda far to go.

GranQ - I still work (slowly smile_o.gif) on the smoke effects. Check out video:

I'm thinking of using the animated effect for the initial poof of huge smoke when napalm goes off, followed by the lesser volume default smoke. The fireball & fire itself is still to be tackled smile_o.gif

GranQ - I still work (slowly smile_o.gif) on the smoke effects. Check out video:

I'm thinking of using the animated effect for the initial poof of huge smoke when napalm goes off, followed by the lesser volume default smoke. The fireball & fire itself is still to be tackled smile_o.gif

Woah. those look amazing, good job!

looking nice and thick.. want to have fire like in Apocalypse Now.. maybe not realistic, but thats how 99% of us all will think it should be..

btw did you see?

http://granq.se/private/b52.WMV

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

AWESOME B52!!!! Thats soooo sweet!!!!

Im dieing over this mod now!

looking nice and thick.. want to have fire like in Apocalypse Now.. maybe not realistic, but thats how 99% of us all will think it should be..

btw did you see?

Hmm, that's very interesting smile_o.gif is that the napalm-delivery service? smile_o.gif

If so then it should be fairly easy to attach new effects to the custom bombs.

btw did you see?

Hmm, that's very interesting smile_o.gif is that the napalm-delivery service? smile_o.gif

If so then it should be fairly easy to attach new effects to the custom bombs.

i think we go for another plane with the napalm, something more tactical then the b52 smile_o.gif

but yeah we make some bomb, and then add effect on that.

Then we can use it on b52, or some other plane. Feel more for the a4 right now or the A1 that i am thinking snake man will import..

i think we go for another plane with the napalm, something more tactical then the b52 smile_o.gif

Heh, yeah the B-52 is cool but unsuitable for ArmA smile_o.gif perhaps a F-86 Sabre or something similar? I'm thinking of the napalm scene in Forrest Gump.