Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

Jungles could probably be made, if someone make some nice canopy-trees so the whole thing is basicly covered with a "leaf-roof", and then add some large bushes and trees etc, it could turn out quite nice.

Quote[/b] ] ...if someone make some nice canopy-trees so the whole thing is basicly covered...

That'd look well good with ArmA's new lighting. smile_o.gif

this is great news, VTE is the only reason I still play ofp...

about the island, for the sake of all those who have performence problems, the island shouldn't be filled with jungle, so it must have some large areas with open fields or cities...

this is great news, VTE is the only reason I still play ofp...

about the island, for the sake of all those who have performence problems, the island shouldn't be filled with jungle, so it must have some large areas with open fields or cities...

Yeah, actually, the entire country of vietnam isn't jungle so.. some large rice-paddy areas etc. would be nice smile_o.gif having a large island with fields and some larger towns on one side, and highlands, small villages and jungles in the other would be pretty neat.

Rice paddies and dikes, hills and dense jungle, rivers may be an issue, since the water should be dirty biggrin_o.gif

The whole "island" should look like a real world, dense jungle with rice paddies in the valleys, rivers, hills, LZ's, bases and such shouldn't look off.

Valley

Valley II

A Shau Valley

Jungle

PPS 43, PPSh 41, Mosin sniper, Type 68, SKS, Stoners are in my packs, tiger stipe by Yaciek too (page 28), LAV Commando

i am for VTE as in OFP with LAV and M551 Sheridan smile_o.gif

i donate all my models for VTE with pleasure smile_o.gif

isn't that great.. VTE now got almost all weapons it needs yay.gif

Also the A4 is like done so you can add that to the list.

Now left is a better huey, island and NVA, VC soldiers.. and we good for release (well almost.. still say end of august for first release but can be much longer.. we see.)

Is it possible / has anyone tried altering the colour of the water in ArmA?

OHH MANN!!!!!!

I love you guys!!!

Ive been waiting for somthing Vietnamish for a shilw now!!!!

sorry for the dobule post, but dont forget to add "Super Napalm"!!!!

The Napalm is esential for the VIetnam feeling! =)

yeah naplam is a must, but doubt we get it for first release.

Will update the first post soon with more detailed info about exactly what weapons/vehicles will be included in first, second release.

but now something completly diffrent..

VTE MAIN THEME CONTEST!!

VTE ofcourse needs its own soundtrack and esp a "theme song" that can be used when you start the mod, in trailers, on the homepage and more.

The jury will be me, Snake_man and Vilas. I can only speak for myself but music that reminds me of "jefferson airplane - white rabbit" will get my vote..

Anyway, you are free to create whatever.. but if it sounds like from the 60's or "nam music" its a bonus.

Mail your songs with your name to:

daniel@granq.se

Hopefully we will pick a winner in August, but depends if we get any music or not.

Also posted this in first post.

we NEED YOUR song!

There must be an air assault on vin drin lop or dop or whatever the hell that place is called mission smile_o.gif

But sir, that's charlies point!!!

Well, Jefferson Airplane was played on BF Vietnam too much.

If you know the best vietnam game ever "Vietcong" you might remember the guitar music. That was perfect.

Maybe someone can play the guitar like that...Would be great.

mmm damn vietcong where did i put my disc? icon_rolleyes.gif it had some great ambient sounds and music. smile_o.gif

Well, Jefferson Airplane was played on BF Vietnam too much.

If you know the best vietnam game ever "Vietcong" you might remember the guitar music. That was perfect.

Maybe someone can play the guitar like that...Would be great.

true, vietcong guitar was perfect, something new but "feelt right".

However, you can't play Jefferson airplane too much.. Einstein could explain that its impossible if he just lived.. wink_o.gif

one thing i must know, how will you be implemeting the tactics used at the time,

Lets go back to our old friend We were soldiers,

The North Vietnamese army used Rush and overwhelm tactics in many combat scanarios, using their overwhelming numbers to great effect, what i mean is im expecting to see lots of soldiers running at you fireing from the hip generally trying to route and overwhelm you before you have time to breathe, and also their great use of night movment and camouflage, how are you going to simulate this?

there was alot of great songs in the OFP VTE release imo,as long as all of them are in the mod i'll be very happy indeed

Its all looking an sounding good,keep up the excellent work notworthy.gif

All the best

Dan

Best Vietnam game ever ! Gunboat.

Lol comparing to todays standards its weak,but for the day was the best.

Don't forget gunboat missions please

I am very interested in this mod.Love your progress already.

I may make some stuff , thinking about claymores and the gadjets

Unfortunately I am very busy in real-life and won't be doing much till winter.Don't even have O2 installed and such

Oh good Lord!!!!

Theres so many things that we're leaving out!

Dont forget the bouncing betties either. Or asny of the boobie Traps!

Boobie traps(with spikes) shouldnt be to hard to simulate.

o1.jpg

Progress and progress, thank you footmunch.

Now we got two planes ready for the first release.

This will be the weapons for the first release, if you miss something here, mines, rifles whatever.. don't get all upset and run to your mommy. Instead keep posting replies with what you want, we add that on the list for future releases but if we try to make EVERYTHING for the first release, it will become one of those mods that never gets released.

Minor stuff might change, maybe add one pistol or some handgrenades but this is what I decided we should use.

M1911, UZI,sten, AR15, XM177E, M16A1, M14, M21, M79, Stoner_AR, Stoner_MG, M60,LAW

AK47, SKS, TYPE68, Mosin38, Mosin, SVT40,PPSz, PPS43, DP27, RPD, RPG2, RPG7

Now, i dont want to sound like an idiot, which im probably going to, but.

I heard that in Vietnam the VC used the AKM  and AKMS.(just a sugestion)

and DONT forget the bouncing betties!. MOMMY! ;-(

Just wondering, are there any reskins/ play models for the Vietnamese/ US???

quite sure the VC/NVA used the Chinese Type 56 AK which had the folding bayonet. Although im sure there would have been other AK variations in circulation

The best news in a long time in this forum...

About music, I suppose it has to be 'homemade' uncopyrighted stuff, yes? The song should be also original or the recording only? If you don't have any music, PM me, but don't expect too much. Oh, and what's the deadline, since I'm busy with RL currently (getting married next weekend). If you expect full blown produced 70's style music, I can't help. Only some slow meditative blues like 70's solo (acoustic or electric).

The Vietcong theme is called "Pseudo Hendrix" and was composed by Petr Mores.

If you want the original one, just ask and I will upload it.

Or if you want something a bit different I can try to play it in a more modern way with overdriving and stuff..if you are intersted just PM me smile_o.gif