Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Vietnam: The Experience

VTE_logo.gif

News:

VTE MAIN THEME CONTEST!!

VTE ofcourse needs its own soundtrack and esp a "theme song" that can be used when you start the mod, in trailers, on the homepage and more.

The jury will be me, Snake_man and Vilas. I can only speak for myself but music that reminds me of "jefferson airplane - white rabbit" will get my vote..

Anyway, you are free to create whatever.. but if it sounds like from the 60's or "nam music" its a bonus.

Mail your songs with your name to:

daniel@granq.se

Hopefully we will pick a winner in August, but depends if we get any music or not.

___

What is VTE?

VTE was a modification for Operation Flashpoint, containing alot of goodies. It still is, but now VTE is also coming for Armed Assault.

VTE on Biki

What you done for ArmA?

Basicly I just started to convert the code and adapt it from Armed Assault. There isn't much to say at this stage really.

When will it be released?

My hope is that it will be released before the end of Augustm but that depends on several factors. How much help can we get, will the tools be released.

What will it included?

The goal is to release something close to what Sebnam2 was for Operation Flashpoint.

* Huey, 2-3 versions

* GI soldiers, Aircav, Spec Forces

* Retextured NVA soldiers, maybe VC.

* All major infantry weapons (ak47, m16, m79, m60..)

* Hopefully an island.

Can I help?

YES, what we really need now is modellers or people that can donate one or two models. We don't require you come work for the mod but if you have made something please donate it to us.

A sound guy, for all the weapons mentioned and then everything else is a bonus.

Military adviser, are you the guy with a fetish for weapons? We need someone to make research and give us answers, what weapons was used, how many rounds did a m60 gunner normaly carry. Your work will also include writing the "library" text, small descriptions for all vehicles and weapons.

Finally..

Little nam feeling

What are the models you need exactly? Looking forward to it, btw...I remember how excited I was when SEB Nam came out for ofp smile_o.gif

Abs

What are the models you need exactly? Looking forward to it, btw...I remember how excited I was when SEB Nam came out for ofp smile_o.gif

Abs

right now I think the Huey is the most needed one, if you (or someone else) feel to help out but that the huey is a way to big project then M79 grenade launcher.. because I personaly love it smile_o.gif

I hope (99%) sure we can use vilas weapons for the mod, so that covers most basic stuff, only i can think of he doesn't have is the Swedish K that was used by navy seals among others and the m79 grenade launcher.

Other stuff that will be needed but don't plan to release in first version unless someone donate is vietnam buildings, bunkers and such.

I think its a better "policy" to gladly accept what people make and include that in the mod then to ask people to do specific things.

Omg!  crazy_o.gif

Best news ever!

I fully agree wink_o.gif

Looking fordward to see a NAM conversion with our lovely hueys too biggrin_o.gif Could them be exported to Arma even if the mod is not finished? whistle.gif After seeing your vid... I like those birds too much, I guess

Cheers

I've already got working T-55/T-54 for NVA all set and ready to go wink_o.gif Been playing numerous games with it.

If you need my imported M60 or M14 or whatever... they are yours to use. Good luck for the project, it seems very promissing wink_o.gif

thanks for all showing support.

Skaven, I love esp the sound of your m60.. but haven't taken a "real" look on them, how optimized are they. Using 1 or several textures?

geloxo, not sure what you mean.. you mean that they should be released "standalone" ?

Vilas weapons need new sounds+animation for mg belts. Plus we need dense undergrowth and jungle environment and the T-54/55 needs a new ammo config. Have to remove sabots from the arsenal.

Vilas weapons need new sounds+animation for mg belts. Plus we need dense undergrowth and jungle environment and the T-54/55 needs a new ammo config. Have to remove sabots from the arsenal.

couldn't have said it better myself smile_o.gif

Hi,

I made the sound for Skaven's M60. smile_o.gif In this you find an updated version.

We'll need also:

- Phantoms

- Type-24 7.92mm HEAVY MACHINEGUN

- Tokarev

- French MAT submachineguns & other captured equipment

- Snipers for Opfor

- PPSh41 SMG

- Flamethrowers

RPK

LAAWs

MAC-10

Stoner 63

Claymore

M-21

G3

M3A1

Sten MkII (S)

And the clandestine operators should not be neglected this time, talking MAC V SOG and SEAL PRUs...

I love the 'Nam era black-operations in Camdodia and Laos.

My only fear is the vegetation with the current frame loss...and the rain does not really fit.

i will try to write down a list on stuff that we will aim to get for the first version.

What you said is good but someone them I wouldn't mind if it came later on, like flamethrowers, cool but not seen so very often.

geloxo, not sure what you mean.. you mean that they should be released "standalone" ?

That´s it... They could be released standalone because lot of huey fans (including myself) miss those birds in ArmA wink_o.gif It´s just a proposal..

Cheers

And the clandestine operators should not be neglected this time, talking MAC V SOG and SEAL PRUs...

I love the 'Nam era black-operations in Camdodia and Laos.

They were far from neglected last time. VTE had SOG, Seals, PRU, Force Recon, SFs, LRRPS, etc, etc.

haha, you should try VTE for OFP then if you missed it smile_o.gif It ended up pretty cool. Lots of interesting stuff in it.

a4.jpg

As seen in the small movie, but now its a "officiall placeholder".

I will try import as much as possible from old OFP VTE even if it doesnt get all shiny features of ArmA, infact might be less then in OFP depending on time to get it working.

About the A4, it comes in three version. AA (4 stingers and guns), CAS, (FFAR and 2 stingers) and a "strike" version with MK82 bombs.

All versions got twin machineguns.

It has animated flaps, rudders, gears.

I will try fix the postion of the pilot some and then move on. At this stage I won't put much time to fix instruments or fancy scripts. One thing at a time.

Its alittle "quantity first, quality second", hope people ok with that or would you rather wait longer and then get ass kicking stuff but not much?

oh and if you made anything for VTE, a b52 bomber or a small plant doesnt matter, please PM if its OK for me to import your model. I am doing my best to track down everyone and won't release anything without getting permission before.. but hopefully we can get alot of neat stuff in there.

this looks sweet, time for a little purple haze anyone?

Sounds great, I loved the Vietnam mods for OFP, no doubt that I will for this game as well.

Just PLEASE don't give the VC/NVA snipers Dragnov's (well, maybe the NVA) give them older weapons like the Mauser Kar-98 or the Mosin-Nagant M44.

If you need help with configs and sounds, let me know.

For me, the Vietnam war is the most interestig conflict in weapons and tactics.

I read alot of books about special warfare, mostly SEALs and SOG and snipers.

I'm not much into regular infantry combat...

With ArmA, it should be easy to recreate a decent landscape with dense vegetation. Don't know about the performance impact, but without jungle the whole 'Nam setting won't work out biggrin_o.gif