Sign in to follow this  
Mak

Terrible Load Times with 1.08

I'm getting extremely slow loading and receiving times now with 1.08, these are not just double the wait but ten times the length of loading times back in 1.06.

You can see my specs at the bottom and find that my PC is not junk either. My textures also seem to flicker a bunch and alt+tabbing does NOT fix this situation. I am also taking a huge FPS hit with this patch and have no clue why.

Yup, it looks like the loading is longer for me too, by a fair margin.

I'd recommend to use the "Default" setting for "Texture Quality" with your graphic card, m8. That may help.

Yup, it looks like the loading is longer for me too, by a fair margin.

I'd recommend to use the "Default" setting for "Texture Quality" with your graphic card, m8. That may help.

But I already have it on "Very Low" and I'm still getting HORRIBLE frames! Jeez, what is up with this patch.

Not even running Anti-Aliasing or Antistrophic filtering, shadows low, details low, post-processing low.

"default" calculates the best amount and quality of texture to load, it could be better even than "Very Low". It is the recommended setting for GC with more than 512M VRAM in patch notes.

Just to be sure too, turn off shadows completely 1st.

If still no luck, there is probably something that goes wrong with ArmA, because you definitely shouldn't have such result.

Try using -maxmem=512 (don't know if it's still helping in 1.08 though).

Check your OpenAL version

And this thread should be in TS, mods wink_o.gif

i do not have extended loading time issus, but the loading is a little bit longer then say, 1.05, i have a close spec you have there

I also feel that the loading time is a bit longer than in 1.05.

Somehow though, when I boot up with ArmA Launcher and click "Play Single Player" (yes, not the multiplayer that would boot up no-island biggrin_o.gif), it seems to be faster... I didn't time it, but you might wanna try it smile_o.gif

-world=emety command seems to force the island to load each time you get back to menu

-world=emety command seems to force the island to load each time you get back to menu

And the intent of this comment is?

you said that the game load slower with -world= emety command rgr? or i misunderstooded? huh.gif

you said that the game load slower with -world= emety command rgr? or i misunderstooded? huh.gif

-world=empty

I think you may have a typo on your 2 posts (on purpose ?).

You misunderstood smile_o.gif I said the game seems to boot up faster when I use the ArmA Launcher "SinglePlayer" option.

Which I said does NOT activate the -world=empty parameter smile_o.gif

Was just trying to prevent ppl with making posts like: "Well thats because the Island is not loaded up".

Cause that's false, as when you click "SinglePlayer" in the ArmA launcher it really does loadup the Isle biggrin_o.gif

-world=empty

I think you may have a typo on your 2 posts (on purpose ?).

no, typo, but i didnt brother to edit them

To me this is one of the most clear benefits of 1.08, it loads like a charm, twise as fast as before!

/Abbe

To me this is on of the most clear benefits of 1.08, it loads like a charm, twise as fast as before!

/Abbe

Yes, Sahrani seems to load faster here too confused_o.gif .

The game loads quicker for me since 1.05.

Athlon FX60

2.5gig DDR400

GF 7800gt

2x 200gb sata (Raid 0)

It loads faster.

BUT dialog boxes cause a 10 second freeze EVERY time :| Im not a happy bunny sad_o.gif

Hate to ask a silly question but have you defraged your hard drive lately?

Lol. I actually did chuckle a bit at that question, mainly because I just installed Windows XP on this new rig a few days ago smile_o.gif

I just reformatted due to the Core Temp "Run on startup" error, which caused my PC to crash. So I'm now downloading the update again and installing Armed Assault to see if it works any better.

To me 1.08 patch make everything more quicker loading the textures, missions, fps...

hello,

Longer times for me as well.

Summoning the Map likewise is back to pre 1.04 speeds.

But viewdistance is up and general performance is up.

Until i get into a city that is, then it all gets a bit wobbly.

rgds

LoK