Sign in to follow this  
Op4 BuhBye

Detonate "PipeBomb"

I need the explosion of a pipebomb but if I create one its the satchel not the explosion.

How do you force it to detonate?

this creates an pipebomb explosion:

example: bomb = "PipeBomb" createvehicle getpos target

No it doesn't, thats what I used and it made a stachel on the ground.

Okay, probably not the easiest solution, but it works:

Mission set up:

- bombDummy = A saboteur unit, in some far away location (could use any unit armed with pipebombs??)

- gameLogic = A gameLogic unit (can set off satchels instantly, no animation)

Scripts (not cut and paste, i entered each line in a console):

bombDummy fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipeBomb"]

bomb = position bombDummy nearestObject "pipeBomb"

bomb setPos [x,y,z]

gameLogic action ["touchOff",bombDummy]

Thanx fasad but I need it for a artillery script. There was no issue in OFP cause the heat rounds worked well but the choices in ArmA, well.... they suck. The GBU is way too much and everything else isnt enough. I am now down to the stachel to see if that will work.

Its ironic that all I need is an explosion that will knock down a fence without leveling the whole base, and I cant find it. I dont even know if the satchel will work I just wanted to try it.

Artillery eh? Have you tried the normal shells in 1.08?

The artillery shells in 1.07 are about 8 times as powerful as they were in 1.05, they might not do as much damage as a satchel, but they cause damage over a huge area.

In 1.08:

Quote[/b] ]

sh_105_HE :

hit = 210;

indirectHit = 40;

indirectHitRange = 20;

sh_122_HE :

hit = 340;

indirectHit = 45;

indirectHitRange = 30;

satchel

hit = 1200;

indirectHit = 1100;

indirectHitRange = 4;

I didnt try it because on the weapons config the things listed that I did try had higher hit damage than the arty shell and couldn't knock down the fence but I guess I can try it.

Ya it hurt me 70 feet away but the fence took a direct hit and lived.

I dropped 8 sabot rounds in a 1m circle and that fence still didnt fall.....ABSURD!

hi mate,

Why dont you just get the object ID and setdammage the fence

ie- (position gl1 nearestObject 161373) setdammage 1

GL1 being the name of the gamelogic,so basically place a gamelogic within 50 metres of the object you want destroying an then get the ID number and put that code in a trigger or whatever

Hope this helps.

Also i dont want to hijack the thread but how do i create an explosion?

I used to do it like this in ofp -

ordnance = "shell120" camcreate [getpos trigname select 0,getpos trigname select 1,100]

But as you probably all know 'camcreate' doesnt work in arma,does anybody know how to do this in ARMA.

THANKS in advance

All the best

Dan

Thanx for the suggestion but I thought of that and Id have to put about 100 of them in. There is a double chain link fence around the whole compound and I want to make hols for AI to enter. So for 50 holes Id need 100 triggers. Its a shame when 1 satchel explosion knocks out both fences at once. Its the only explosion that does it and its the only one I cant use.

As for the explosion thing you use createvehicle instead of camcreate. The rest is the same.

Maybe you've tried this:

Bo_GBU12_LGB

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle (getMarkerPos "myMarker")

It levels 4/5 buildings in the power station @ Corazol if dropped in the middle.

Or maybe that opens up too much in the fence, which fences are you at?

If your looking for something to knock down fences you can use the west hover planes bomblauncher.

it has a massive explosion though and I expect you only want small holes right?

If placed correctly you can get it so that the circle of dammage just hits a part of the fence. I did this in one of my maps where I needed to knock down some fences for ai paths.

I really wanted to use the pipebombs too butin the end had to have sabatours detonate them :/

Use "Sh_120_SABOT" Its almost big as satchel explosion

Maybe you've tried this:

Bo_GBU12_LGB

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle (getMarkerPos "myMarker")

It levels 4/5 buildings in the power station @ Corazol if dropped in the middle.

Or maybe that opens up too much in the fence, which fences are you at?

ye that it mate i've made a little IED on a US checkpoint with a marker on the checkpoint, when the car enters it, create a gbu in the car ... pistols.gif

I dropped 8 sabot rounds in a 1m circle and that fence still didnt fall.....ABSURD!

SABOTs are ment for direct hits, they do (almost) 0 area damage wink_o.gif