Sign in to follow this  
Gigan

SCUD - Nuclear Explosion

This addon is amazing!

I'm tryna figure out how to trigger a camera for it...

confused_o.gif

but how do you get AI to launch it?..

smile_o.gif

I made a concrete bunker which can take a direct hit. The noise and light is INCREDIBLE, so loud and bright. And if you run outside real quick you can see all the scary red smoke. It sounds like a 1000 GBUs going off. And the best part is you can hear it comming in, from the sky, it is SO scarry I hope I never have to hear that in real life. Only my FPS basically stop a few times, I will be getting a better comp soon and will try and make a video.

I made a concrete bunker which can take a direct hit. The noise and light is INCREDIBLE, so loud and bright. And if you run outside real quick you can see all the scary red smoke. It sounds like a 1000 GBUs going off. And the best part is you can hear it comming in, from the sky, it is SO scarry I hope I never have to hear that in real life. Only my FPS basically stop a few times, I will be getting a better comp soon and will try and make a video.

Can you upload this bunker so I can chek it out?

Or is it already in-game bunker?

Little help here please... I read the readme, but I am not sure how to use all those scripts. Can someone be kind enough to educate help.gif

btw, the mushroom of the nuke has to be at least 2 times bigger biggrin_o.gif i advise 6-10 times bigger.

How is this done? Do I have to use some scripting or...

No, just put the .pbo file into your addons folder, then open the editor, look in OPFOR, add the scud launcher, preview, then you are the driver, and start the launch procedure via the action menu. After it, th only think to do is to point the falling point for the scud on the map, after i press launch and enjoy! smile_o.gif

At the moment from having a few lads on MP this WONT work in a MP when every1 decides to shoot the thing. Players cant see any other players nukes bar themselves and weird glitches start occuring. But other then that its the best bloody thing out at the moment!!!!!!!! notworthy.gif

but how do you get AI to launch it?.. smile_o.gif

AI SCUD cannot Launch a nuke missile now. However, I want to be making scripts that instruction in missile launch can be sent to AI SCUD by using Radio Command.

Little help here please... I read the readme, but I am not sure how to use all those scripts. Can someone be kind enough to educate help.gif

Easiest method, please describe command to Initiarization column of SCUD unit in the Mission Editor. If the mission is begun by Preview, the command is executed at once.  smile_o.gif

the shape of cloud particle is absolutly perfect. how hard was it to create that so precisly ??!!

the only request i would ask you is to add a global multiplier for the size of explosion .

or a single variant like 15M tonne warhead . whistle.gif

after the explosion, the area should be left with some burn marks, that would be awesome, none the less, this addon is the best sofar for arma!!!

first put the addon anywhere on any map

preview the game

click prepare

wait

singleclick on map

click launch

open watch and wait for hour h

pistols.gif

Are there any settings I can edit in the default addon so the initial blast doesn't cause my comp to freeze for a good 5 seconds?

I know how to use the addon, what I am saying is, I want the scud triggered by a trigger, like an artillery script.

btw, the mushroom of the nuke has to be at least 2 times bigger biggrin_o.gif i advise 6-10 times bigger.

No. It all depends upon the weapons yield.

Are there any settings I can edit in the default addon so the initial blast doesn't cause my comp to freeze for a good 5 seconds?

Using the visual-only effect doesn't cause any screen lag at the blast for me.

Daniel @ June 14 2007,20:47)]

I'd say it's all the destruction it causes that make the fps-impact. Maybe try it in the sea?

Awsome work!

Love it :P.

The damage is quite scary lol.

Hope to see this on a few servers, although I doubt it because if the resources it pulls, be nice to see it toned down a little for multiplayer/online use biggrin_o.gif. Would rock!!

Can you upload this bunker so I can chek it out?

Or is it already in-game bunker?

No I made the bunker out of ALOT of conrete layers, using the wall door way to give protection from above. Works great, I set of three scuds and they hit the bunker like within 5 seconds of one another. It was crazy.

Daniel @ June 14 2007,20:47)]

I'd say it's all the destruction it causes that make the fps-impact. Maybe try it in the sea?

If this is the case maybe the destruction of the buildings could be extended over a longer period of time to reduce the load. Possibly from the outer edges and procceed in, that way the buildings that havent been destroyed will be hidden in the smoke