Sign in to follow this  
fish44

Voice command software with ArmA?

Have posted on the 'troubleshooting' section, but have had no replies, so im re-arranging the question In the hope of getting an answer.

Is there anyone using 3rd party voice command software with ArmA, and if yes, what is it, and does it work with MP missions.

If not,

Is there and in game command software to do this?

I downloaded shoot the other day but couldn't for the life of me work out how to use it sad_o.gif

@Osteo: *cheeky* I wonder if you could upload that .xml anywhere and give just a brief explanation of how Shoot works if its not too hard? I'd love to get commanding in ArmA with a voice program whistle.gif

Thanks alot smile_o.gif

I'm using Shoot with no problems ....

Thats great to know, cause i've got a very good opf profile which, like you i have refined over time, and mostly works for ArmA. At least its not a bug with the game, and its to do with my setup. Works like a charm when in single player game, but once i put up a multiplayer game, the input into shoot seem to stop. At least now I can go through a process of elimination.

I downloaded shoot the other day but couldn't for the life of me work out how to use it

You are going to need to find and download the files listed below.

To setup shoot.

---------------

1.Install .net 1.1,

2.Install windows SR engine

3.Run shoot once, from the shoot.exe file. Close it.

(this step is to configure shoot for the profile editor)

Install .net 2.0

4.Rename 'shoot.exe.config' to 'shoot.exe.config_1'.

5.Rename 'shoot.exe.config_2 to 'shoot.exe.config'.

6.Copy the ShootProfileEditor.exe to your profile directory

7.Make a convenient shortcut to the file in 6 above.

Disclaimer: No guarantees or warranties, explicit or implied.

While not free I have V.A.C. which works great. I got a config file off of the SimHQ forums. I have shout installed, but as I had V.A.C. installed and working I have not had the time to re-invent the wheel.

@Osteo: *cheeky* I wonder if you could upload that .xml anywhere and give just a brief explanation of how Shoot works if its not too hard? I'd love to get commanding in ArmA with a voice program whistle.gif  

I'm not on my gaming rig, Da Rat, but if you look over their OFP .xml, its fairly self explanatory.  Take a look and if you still want my .xml, I'll post it for ya' when I get back to my other machine.

Oh, and Fish, I initially had a problem with Ventrilo and Shoot that only showed up in MP (as that's when I had Shoot and Vent loaded), but I figured I just needed to bind the 'push to talk' toggle to the same key I used to trigger Vent but so that initially vent is push to talk, and Shoot is push to mute (so only one was working at a time).  Hope this makes sense...

p.s.  Very rarely (only happened 2 or 3 times since I set shoot up for ArmA), I find shoot becomes unresponsive; when this happens I alt/tab out, quit and restart shoot, and alt/tab in and this fixes it.

Quote[/b] ]

Oh, and Fish, I initially had a problem with Ventrilo and Shoot .......................

..............I find shoot becomes unresponsive; ..........I  alt tab, restart shoot, and alt/tab in and this fixes it.

Yeah, Ive had that problem too, and do as you did, Alt tab and restart. I believe it might be a key binding/locking issue.

I need to do more research on the mp problem. But interesting that you had the same 'effect' due to a VOIP app running in tandem. Good idea to use the same key to have one active, other inactive.

Will pos on my findings.

Cheers for the help guys, it's all working now biggrin_o.gif

No need for the xml now osteo, the ofp one seems to work fine smile_o.gif

Some of the command have changed, Rat, so remember you can edit the .xml easily with notepad.  I've also added a whole bunch of stuff to mine so I don't have to find them on the keyboard.  I think I only use the keyboard (and mouse) for movement, the command key, the weapon mode cycle, and the mousewheel cycle currently, all else is done with voice commands.  Also remember to train up the voice recognition by reading a few passages as its accuracy is only about 85% with no training and mine now is about 95% accurate.

Got it going, MP with my OPF profile. Works fine. Think it came down to a mic/audio settings. But still not sure.

Anyway I have done some additional voice training, and will modify the profile to suit ArmA. Mic is now at full level.

tounge2.gif

Whats wrong with Team Speak?

I am sure my box says ArmA has VOiP built into it, simular to BF2s

they are talking about software that controls the game with voice commands, rather then keystrokes or mouse movements (well, at least i think they are). for example, say, "grenade", and your ingame character will throw a grenade.

I toyed around with shoot in OFP, but after i had to reinstall my system i was to lazy to start over with it again.

But it`s cool stuff for sure.

For example, you can make you`re AI team disembark, by saying "All, disembark", every other order can be given via speech to.

Quote[/b] ]Rogueci5 Posted on June 15 2007,04:38

Yeah, Shoot allows you to speak your commands.  

I can say "Number 2, assign red" and AI teammate 2 gets assigned to the red team, or "All, weapons free" and all get the engage at will command.  Also works for all other commands that you need to press a button or combo of buttons.  

Quite handy as there are so many commands in ArmA that nearly the whole keyboard is used and I don't have to take my hands off the movement keys and the mouse.  

Add the TrackIR system (a $200 toy that allows your head  movements to command the view point in game) and you've got quite the setup!  wink_o.gif

.......Add the TrackIR system (a $200 toy that allows your head  movements to command the view point in game) and you've got quite the setup!  wink_o.gif

Thats my setup.......

I only use shoot for commands, all else is close to me on the keys.

Lol... Its funny, one of my clanmates would know when I'm looking at my keyboard as he could see my in-game character look down (due to the head movement from my TrackIR). As I've placed nearly every command into Shoot, they won't see me looking down any more. smile_o.gif

...........I've placed nearly every command into Shoot, they won't see me looking down any more..............

Well im left handed, and use the number pad, so i can reach 13 keys easy, without looking. And they are faster, And i like the channels free for talking with my team. U know what they say "One man's meat is another man's poison" crazy_o.gif

I use Game Commander 2 when I'm playing ArmA, it's a godsend and it works really well.

I use Game Commander 2 when I'm playing ArmA, it's a godsend and it works really well.

I used GC1&GC2 for many years, but could not get enough accuracy with OPF, so tried Shoot. Trained the sound recognition engine with my voice, and modified a stock profile from the website. Now would not look back. Much more accurate than GC could be. It hardly misses a command, except when I hesitate, or dont remember the exact command. Highly recomend Shoot

It seems that I have missed alot never before using any kind of voice command program on this game to control AI or user character. I just tested ones of this I am now always using that.

If any of you fellas have the SHOOT xml. for ArmA I would really appreciate a copy.

I posted a note about problems with team selection as in OPF we had menu 1 item 9 "TEAM" now it looks like you have to select via shift + F? to select the team. HOw do we get this to work with shoot?

Bravo, I answered your other post before I saw this...  If you don't like the OFP .xml on the shoot website I'll post mine but I've remapped many of the keys (as I have a Zboard keyboar http://www.ideazon.com/us/products/zboardgamingkeyboard.asp) so it may be a lot of work to rearrange it I think.  If you do want it, post here and I'll upload it to one of the file holding sites and give you the link.  I've voice commanded just about every option and rarely do my fingers leave my "home keys".....

Tried shoot couple of years back with OFP. Frustrating. Recognises commands initially and then becomes "confused", or simply stops.

It's a nice idea, but in practice..