Sign in to follow this  
madmike

why did you use your username

Prior to 1993 I used pretty common and normal nicks.

Then one day my friend came up with a nickname to put on a ID card for something (can't remember) and he had a habit of taking two words completely unrelated and putting them together. Crash (cuz he said it sounds cool) and Dome (cuz he had these silver bowls upside down when he was at work). I would've left it at that and never used it again but on the very same day I managed to hit two parked cars with my car (dont ask) at my work and all the other employees started calling me "Crash".

I figured that was a sign and have been using CrashDome ever since. I probably would have changed it too, but the uniqueness always assures me that when I sign up anywhere it is pretty much always available.

I used to shorten to Crash when possible until that stupid hacking movie came out.... crazy_o.gif

STGN

Its the first letters of my four names

Sřren T. G. Nielsen

STGN

I came up with Chipper when I got OFP and had to pick a name for gamespy. I was like 10 years old heh.

I guess while I was trying to think of a good name Chipper just popped in my head. Most likely from the baseball player Chipper Jones. I was like hey Chipper sounds cool I'll pick that.

I think my crappy nick was some try to get some clever combination of my real life persona and a character from the movie The Usual Suspects...

It was crappy idea and I have always hated my nick but never came up with anything better..

Hoping to change it when ever I come up with something less stupid..

Well mine on these forums is pretty unintresting. its just my name D for david, then murphy (obviusly) and just randomly added man on the end. But usually when gaming i use the nick 'Shell Shock' and too my suprise this dosent seem to be a common nic at all. I dont think ive ever seen another 'Shell shock' and i remember searching for others on gamespy and only found 5 others tounge2.gif so meh seems pretty original.

I have been called supah online since an german ex of mine called me that during more intimate moments smile_o.gif Must have been 9 years ago now.

My favorite hockey team- Toronto Maple Leafs

My favorite NASCAR driver- Ryan Newman.

combo of Newman and Leafs.

I have been called supah online since an german ex of mine called me that during more intimate moments smile_o.gif

Haha - That's the correct way to gain an online nickname biggrin_o.gif

Huh, an ancient thread I didn't post in?

Ok, "der bastler" is German for something like "the tinkerer", "the hobbyist" or "the home constructor" (a nod to dict.leo.org).

It's just something I came up with as a name for my rock band. I later found out that it's the Catalonian version of the Spanish Jaime which is the same as the English James.

My Reenacting name

It sounds like a mix of a German and a Swedish name.

It means dog on Hungarian. Also like to use Sobaka which is the same on Russian. Especially flying in IL2.

Don't know really the reason. It's more like a dog without a master. I like sitting in train stations, on a step on the pavement, wasting my time doing nothing, beer drinking in junk bars and other "dirt" stuff.

On the other hand, it's sometimes a happy dog, having a master and playing around with a ball and sleeping nicely.

Something like a dual personality whistle.gif . Don't tell anyone!

Well, when I first started to play OFP multiplayer I hadn't played much mp games before (and I never had liked those I tried), so I thought: 'well, give it a try - but it'll be shit anyways, so choose a shitty name...'. As I had just been to a shop that morning, seeing all those shitty Diddl Mouse pens, rulers, postcards, etc., that kind of inspired me and I just combined it with "Daddl" (coloquial german expression for playing computer games) and hence named myself 'Daddldiddl'. Unfortunately quickly I found that OFP mp was great, met some great guys to play coop with and the name stuck.

I'm nowadays using only the 'Daddl' part as a player/forum name, as most people seem to have too much difficulties spelling or pronouncing the full nick.

Until last year I have been using another nick in this forum, as I had joined up long before I thought of playing OFP in multiplayer. That old nick was 'Joltan' - my usual Pen&Paper RPG nick from the good old days, which I use normally as username on forums whenever I need one.