Sign in to follow this  
madmike

why did you use your username

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Aug. 02 2002,05:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My name is from comes from playing the game Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle, and my mittle name. Even though I stunk at that game I really enjoyed the community, and can not wait to get my hands on the next Napoleon game.<span id='postcolor'>

So you replaced "Wellington" with "Ray"?

I do not rember how I came up with it, I just know I got it from playing Waterloo.

I contrived my name from two biblical figures:

the one was a strong leader, wink.gif

the other was lookin' good. biggrin.gif

I thought it sounded Biblical, I liked how your campaigning had the Christian atmosphere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's very hard to kill yourself with bonghits.

<span id='postcolor'>

I know!, I've tried biggrin.gif nearly got there with a stainless steel one though!. still got the bruises on the back of my head to prove it! sad.gif ...

plons : just a stupid frog smile.gif

know in belgium and Holland mostely

but no one has it though so it's good

also it's fun to hear my friends shouting plons look out (k mostely to late)

I just pressed a few keys randomly-my name doesnt mean anything.

Your name is cool edc!

How do you like to pronounce it??

I guess you would ronounce it like ed with a k on the end. It really is just random keys I pressed on the keyboard

Well as my name's Anton I used to be called Anti.

But then we visited Rome on a school trip and went to a restaurant, and after some guys looked at the menu they decided to call me AntiPasta (AntiPasta = hors d'oeuvre in Italian)

The Ludovico Technique is the method used in A Clockwork Orange to condition the main character into becoming a good citizen with psychotropic drugs and mental torture.

I am a fan of the tabletop wargames made by the company Games Workshop (however I am not smelly and spotty and do like to go out on the town with my friends!wink.gif.  The Grey Knight (officially called an Ordo Malleus Grey Knight Terminator) was a particularly cool invention of GW - a futuristic heaviliy armoured psychic warrior who's job it is to hunt and kill demons.  I liked the idea, the name and the fact that my first name is Graham (hence Grey) meant that I chose my username of GreyKnight.  It's the same in all forums I am a member of.

While reading the forums I began to wonder how some of the posters came up with their user names. Many of the names are pretty interesting, so go ahead and explain how you thought of yours. Bonus points to those that have cool stories behind the origins of their user names.

I'll go first:

"Stendac" is a misspelling of "Stendec", the final word in the last morse code radio transmission sent by Star Dust. Star Dust was a British plane that disappeared in 1947 on its way to Chile. The wreckage was discovered decades later in 1998, but the meaning of the word "Stendec" is still a bit of a mystery.

Originally I just named myself Nemesis... then, if I remember correctly, I thought I needed some originality, you know, with many people having that name. Originality equaled adding the number "6" after the name! smile_o.gif

I got the idea from the Resident Evil 3 game. Nemesis is a monster that chases you throughout the game. It's big(and tall!wink_o.gif, it's evil, and it wears some kind of coat. You need to see it to believe why it scared the crap out of my fighting it. Actually, you just need to try the game. But here's a picture of it anyway - http://i74.photobucket.com/albums....art.jpg

Removed oversized pic. Shadow.

Tovarish is what I use most often in online gaming, and it came about with OFP. It's Russian for "Comrade". another nick I use is TheCubanSpy (have been nicknamed as such in virtually every school I've attended in Canada), and in some flight sims I've used the callsign Cotorro (name of my hometown in Cuba, also stands for "Parrot" in Spanish)

My radio callsign in the Army. Except the "6" part - every place I use my name on already has someone named "Hellfish". I picked "6" because that denotes a unit commander on the radio.

Severe Turbulence Encountered Now Descending Emergency Crash-Landing ?

I got my name not from the Zepplin song but from the Activision game Battlezone... the blackdogs were the elite Americanskis who (as usual) killed soviets in space...

The ~ was a mistake. crazy_o.gif and the mods won't remove it...

I got my nick from the one of the first ww2 flight sims i played i think it was on C64 or Amiga, can t even remember which one it was. I used japaneise but since most of the arcade highscores only allowed me to put in 3 letters i quickly shortened it to jap.

I got my name after my dog stuck its ears up and It looked like a bat wink_o.gif Plus Someone allready took my old OFP name of Ratboy

I can't remember how I came up with my name. I'm sure it was highly amusing though.

Some guy in the army thought it up (iirc) after a 62-minute non-stop debate on the subject "What's the point? They have nukes." The name of course comes from the greek god and the 1978 part is my birth year.

edit: or was it when I actually started making "plans" when we, a group of 4 guys, were supposed to make simulated attacks on a convoy (the rest of the company aboard the trucks was supposed to dismount and do a counter-attack)? Shit, I really can't remember anymore. Either way, the nickname was supposed to be ironic.