Sign in to follow this  
ArMoGaDoN

Pilot - wait for me!

I wish that folks wouldn't shoot at helicopters to get the pilot's attention.

ESPECIALLY the idiots that think by shooting at your helicopter to say 'wait for me' end up damaging you or causing a fuel leak that renders your takeoff completely voided.  Real great when your lift-off is already in enemy territory and you are already evacuating folks onboard.

I've even had folks shoot me through the windshield (accidentally AND intentionally) when they have done this.

Get a brain guys, if you're too lazy to type 'WAIT HELO' or 'WAIT BHAWK' then don't expect me to be any less lazy when I fly off without you because anyone that shoots at me, endangering myself, my aircraft and my passengers deliberately, sure as hell ain't on my friends list.

Enjoy the walk.

You know they might be shooting at the helicopter to fix the bug where they appear dead until you register a small amount of damage on it.

Then of course they could just be shooting instead of making a text message stating clearly that they wanted a pickup. One of the better ways to counter act this is to:

1. Announce when you'll be leaving and your intentions before taking off.

2. Lift off a few meters and gives a quick turn to look for any yokels that are only not getting the hint. A quick pickup of these people saves some trouble.

3. Make a speedy get away in a deliberate manner. If you can spare the fingers typing something like "I'll be back in just a minute for the next load" helps calm their worried mind.

A few M16 rounds are unable to cause a fuel leak in a helicopter unless it's on the edge of losing fuel already.. The fuel leak happens at a certain damage threshold.

we used to nicely hand these folks a shiny boot.

Only a complete retard shoots a chopper to get the pilots attention.

@ June 13 2007,12:32)]we used to nicely hand these folks a shiny boot.

Only a complete retard shoots a chopper to get the pilots attention.

I just can double this.

And do you really think, that people that act like this will read this forum? huh.gif

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Frederf has a point tho, shooting the helo (preferably with your sidearm, as to not cause as much damage) is a known workaround for the dead bug. If that is the case, I'd be the first to pump a round into a dedbugged helo.

On the other hand, people who shoot perfectly functional helos are in the wrong - of course. Dunno if the ded bug was fixed in 1.08?

Some guys out there has a loose nut in their brain or something. Played evolution the other night, had the best ranking on the server and finally i could use the AH-1Z. Some idiot jumped in as gunner, but i didn't want him and told him to get out on the vehicle channel, he refused. So I jumped out and took the other Cobra, then he pulls out his M136 and Blasted me to peaces.

Quote[/b] ]Frederf has a point tho, shooting the helo (preferably with your sidearm, as to not cause as much damage) is a known workaround for the dead bug. If that is the case, I'd be the first to pump a round into a dedbugged helo.

ok fair enough, buy anyone with a brain would inform the pilot and others in his team that he's about to take some potshots at a vehicle before actually doing it.

true enough pre 1.07 the dead-bug helo.  but this is still happening 1.07-1.08.  @MEDICUS - I can HOPE they read the forum at least :D

Oh, and @Frederf - ever tried typing with your third-hand while other two hands are on the stick and throttle?

I tried to train it to type a while back, but it refused :P

@ June 13 2007,06:04)]
Quote[/b] ]Frederf has a point tho, shooting the helo (preferably with your sidearm, as to not cause as much damage) is a known workaround for the dead bug. If that is the case, I'd be the first to pump a round into a dedbugged helo.

ok fair enough, buy anyone with a brain would inform the pilot and others in his team that he's about to take some potshots at a vehicle before actually doing it.

Now that 1.08 is along I haven't seen the dead-helo bug yet. But back in 1.07 during the BF2-style Evolution missions I stopped warning about the shot into the helicopter and just did it. Everyone knew that 1 bullet into your helo meant a bug fix. It also doesn't matter where you shoot it as long as you don't hit a person.

Quote[/b] ]@Frederf - ever tried typing with your third-hand while other two hands are on the stick and throttle?

I commonly craft whole paragraphs of grammatically perfect text, order AI around on the map, etc while flying. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone though as a lot of people have problems with crashing helicopters. To get around this it's easy to type your message BEFORE you leave the ground, select it, cut it to clipboard, then you can say that one message with a simple chat, paste, send.

WarWolf @ June 13 2007,10:29)]I wish that folks wouldn't shoot at helicopters to get the pilot's attention.

true.

what i also find very annoying are passengers who try to talk to a pilot/driver using global or team channel. how about using the goddamn vehicle channel?

I've been shot down several times by this kind of player.

It is just as effective to shoot at the ground.

The pilot will usually get the message when they hear the sound and see you running like a retard.

rofl.gif

Simple:

One shot fired and hit = Dead helo bug. Forgive.

More than one shot fired and multiple hits = Asshole. Fly away.

Normally when someone shoots my chopper I'd type in, "Yes?". Saves your karma instead of pissing all over him without a chance for him to explain.

When im taxing I found that best way to avoid getting shot at(multiple times by unpatient killers) is to say in chat "LB coming to base DONT SHOOT!" and when leaving "LB leaving DONT SHOOT"

usually when im getting drunk I add a word "noobs" at the end crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

The in game voice chat now actually works pretty good provided the user has a good mic and setup properly in windows.

I use it now to ask for rides sometimes as it's quicker then typing.

I really love the direct communication. When someone has a good sounding mic, it really does sound good and it's directional so it sound like it's comming directly out of the speakers mouth. It really needs to be taken advantage more then it is.

another thing you folks could do, is the tip in this thred.

Quote[/b] ] Add a folder called 'Sound' to your profile folder (My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\<Your profile>\Sound)

- Add your recorded *.ogg sound files to this folder (or other supported formats, *.wss). Keep them very small.

- The name of the file also becomes the text message displayed in chat (easily supports 80+ chars). The name displayed in the menu is quite limited (approx 20 chars).

- If you just want messages with no sound, you can create zero length (text) files like "Requesting AT Support.ogg" and they will still display.

works like a charm, and you'll fine a bunch of prmade txt messages to send in your radio menu ( i don't have any sound attached to mine, to lessen the bandwith use, and not to mention the radio spamming )

WarWolf @ June 13 2007,05:29)]I wish that folks wouldn't shoot at helicopters to get the pilot's attention.

ESPECIALLY the idiots that think by shooting at your helicopter to say 'wait for me' end up damaging you or causing a fuel leak that renders your takeoff completely voided. Real great when your lift-off is already in enemy territory and you are already evacuating folks onboard.

I've even had folks shoot me through the windshield (accidentally AND intentionally) when they have done this.

Get a brain guys, if you're too lazy to type 'WAIT HELO' or 'WAIT BHAWK' then don't expect me to be any less lazy when I fly off without you because anyone that shoots at me, endangering myself, my aircraft and my passengers deliberately, sure as hell ain't on my friends list.

Enjoy the walk.

Blame BF2.

The worse thing is people that sit at the ammo box selecting their load out all day. Some people are literally there for minutes and ask for me to wait until they are done, I don't have all day nor do the guys already waiting in my helicopter. Now I just say "mh6 is taking off in 15 seconds get in or walk" sometimes it works.

You know they might be shooting at the helicopter to fix the bug where they appear dead until you register a small amount of damage on it.

Since 1.08 i never got this bug again. Someone saw it again ?

If i have to capture pilot attention quickly i often shoot near the chopper,but not on it.

Also for ammo boxes, sometimes they are lagging like hell.. depends of the mission, depends of the server, client connexion.. lots of thinks.

I always wait for the guys taking supply, i often get back to base after take off if someone die and respawn soon. We don't loose so much time and all players i've met always say thanks.

What is really annoying is the pilot who don't really know how to pilot. That is really annoying. :/

Also few bullets can brake the tail rotor which is quite annoying (especially if you don't know how to land properly)

Hope my english not too bad biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You know they might be shooting at the helicopter to fix the bug where they appear dead until you register a small amount of damage on it.

in the changelog of patch 1.08 it's written that that issue is fixed. So normally you shouldn't see it again  yay.gif . So there is strictly no reason to shoot at a helicopter unless it's an enemy one. goodnight.gif

I shoot back from where I'm being shot from regardless of the vehicle I'm in or what's happening. I guess I'm just kind of a prick.

I'm partial to the guys who fire strelas at me to say "hey you forgot me"

I'm partial to the guys who fire strelas at me to say "hey you forgot me"

crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

That's the moment where you sure love to be the admin to kick his ass ! pistols.gif

But people, if you are looking this thread, avoid shooting tail rotor or main rotor please.. even with rifles you could brake them.