Sign in to follow this  
heliosjet

Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread

This is the Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread....

That's right. Which means it will contain more then just one specific problem. So it would be helpfull if people would mention which problem they are reffering to in thier posts so people don't go though the steps of possible fixes that are for an entire diffent problem all together.

Exactly. So for those who got the Euro version working, were any of you affected by the 7001 bug?

the securom 7001 error is usually resolved by doing the registry fix (link is on the first post of this topic). Is there any exception ?

Quote[/b] ]NOTE: Make a registry back up before you try this. This MIGHT not work for you.

Thank you for your email. Please open the registry editor

(Start->Run- >regedit) and move to the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ key.

Please delete all REG_BINARY entries of this key (all blue ones on the

left side). Afterwards reboot the machine and then the game should work

again.

For me it was just that the game wouldn't boot, i haven't encountered the 7001 bug..............yet!! crazy_o.gif

.....I'm looking for wood..... damn why did i go buy Ikea plastic everything!!

E

My understanding this was about the no boot, dvd spins then nothing. No error, just no boot as per the original post:

Quote[/b] ]

Symptom:

When clicking on ARMA icon, the CD drive is spinning during 2 / 5 seconds then stop. Nothing else happens. no securom error message. nothing banghead.gif

Why is the atari link still up if it points to the 1.06 exe?

the securom 7001 error is usually resolved by doing the registry fix (link is on the first post of this topic). Is there any exception ?

Quote[/b] ]NOTE: Make a registry back up before you try this. This MIGHT not work for you.

Thank you for your email. Please open the registry editor

(Start->Run- >regedit) and move to the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ key.

Please delete all REG_BINARY entries of this key (all blue ones on the

left side). Afterwards reboot the machine and then the game should work

again.

I personally don't have any issues running the game. My brother does. The solution given wasn't clear on which registiries to delete. Some said delete the duplicates. Which he has none. Others said delete the ones with /??/volume.. in the name.

I'm not that familiar myself with messing with the registry myself. My brother is even less familiar. I told him to back up his registry first, which I believe you do with the windows program "backup"

Well I have backup, but he said he couldn't find the program on his machine. So he has no known way to back up his registry that we know of. I can't blame him for not wanting to delete registries when not feeling comfortable with it. I really don't think he should even be asked to.

I talked my brother into buying this game. Now I have mud on my face for having him buy a game that he can't play.

You think I'm going to push him to risk messing up his system deleting registries when he isn't able to back it up and is uncomfortable with it?

So yea I'm hopeing there will be another solution.

I think in the 12 years I've been messing with PC's I've only had to mess with my registry a handfull of times. I've never been asked to blindly delete registies "at my own risk" that "may not work" to get a bad patch working for a game. I might have tried it myself to get the game working, but I won't push him to.

What does tick me off the most is the official approach and handling that has been so unprofesional to say the least.

Not everyone has time to be going though so much to get a game working or should be asked to risk this much as far as deleting registies which everyone knows can screw things up bigtime if you don't know what your doing.

Is this now become an expected requirement to be able to play PC games now? Why didn't they write that on the side of the box?

My understanding this was about the no boot, dvd spins then nothing.  No error, just no boot as per the original post:
Quote[/b] ]

Symptom:

When clicking on ARMA icon, the CD drive is spinning during 2 / 5 seconds then stop. Nothing else happens. no securom error message. nothing banghead.gif

Why is the atari link still up if it points to the 1.06 exe?

Yes the original post about the securom 7001 problem was closed by a modorator with the only known solution for a fix was to delete the registries.

This was the only thread that had posts also relating to the 7001 bug. THis is the only forum that seems to have any traffic and any hint of a possible solution. No official words from BIS, Atari or Securom on thier web pages about this problem.

So seeing as today is saturday, I don't expect to see anything for the US Atari version until next week. Yet another weekend of being down.

Thanks BIS/Securom/Atari. mad_o.gif

So seeing as today is saturday, I don't expect to see anything for the US Atari version until next week. Yet another weekend of being down.

Thanks BIS/Securom/Atari. mad_o.gif

And that is assuming this thread doesn't get pushed back a few pages in the forum by then.

Thanks for any word on what the f*ck is going on and why the link was shit.

After 3 weeks GameCopyWorld site finally solved my not boot problem thanks them a lot.I can play ARMA now.Works for Atari version.

Hey, just been away for the weekend, and there's a working Fix!

To sum up: German Version patched up to 1.05 and then to 1.08. Downloaded SecuROM's fix and now the game works for me!

Time for dancing bananas! ;-)

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Cheers Mathias

so my patch 1.08 wont open after i downloaded it. I am running vista if that helps. But whenever i click on my patch on the desktop it just sits there and nutthin happens!!!! Is it vista or is it the patch wont open.

so my patch 1.08 wont open after i downloaded it. I am running vista if that helps. But whenever i click on my patch on the desktop it just sits there and nutthin happens!!!! Is it vista or is it the patch wont open.

I don't think people want to go over this again so please read through the thread properley.

Bottom line is a few pages back there is a link to a patch give it a try or wait for the new hotfix to come out officially sometime in the next few days/weeks.

Securom sent me a link to Atari Securom Hotfix 1.08 for those not being able to boot 1.08.

Muruk we are appreciate your help a lot.Again thank you for not letting us alone in this.You are the best.I think we may conclude and lock this thread.

Securom sent me a link to Atari Securom Hotfix 1.08 for those not being able to boot 1.08.

Muruk we are appreciate your help a lot.Again thank you for not letting us alone in this.You are the best.I think we may conclude and lock this thread.

Not so fast, there is still the matter of the 7001 bug. Will that be addressed with a hotfix?

Clear it states Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread.

That bug has been resolved by cleaning registry in Mounted Devices, so is there a reason to reproduce it again.Clean registry reboot get this fix and you are good to go.If you are not, than open thread with your specific.

Clear it states Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread.

That bug has been resolved by cleaning registry in Mounted Devices, so is there a reason to  reproduce it again.Clean registry reboot get this fix and you are good to go.If you are not, than open thread with your specific.

I did a while back and it got locked. I also think they should release an official hotfix for both these bugs so that people don't have to search for it in the pages of a forum thread.

Hey guys

Im new to the site. Well to start it off, Im a middle aged guy who doesnt know a lot about computers, I just play the games.

Heres what happened..

I bought this game, put all the settings as high as they can go, and the game ran perfectly. I downloaded patch 1.08 and now the game crashes right before the level loads all the way.

I read nearly every page in this thread and apparently this happened to everyone else too. Then I saw that hot fix link up there, downloaded it, but the game still doesnt load. I click the hot fix icon and an error window pops up that says.."This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

Is there any more help you guys can give me?

Thanks

Hey guys

Im new to the site. Well to start it off, Im a middle aged guy who doesnt know a lot about computers, I just play the games.

Heres what happened..

I bought this game, put all the settings as high as they can go, and the game ran perfectly. I downloaded patch 1.08 and now the game crashes right before the level loads all the way.

I read nearly every page in this thread and apparently this happened to everyone else too. Then I saw that hot fix link up there, downloaded it, but the game still doesnt load. I click the hot fix icon and an error window pops up that says.."This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

Is there any more help you guys can give me?

Thanks

PinkFloyd this thread is generally to do with the problem where double clicking on the game icon started the DVD spinning and then nothing happens, nothing at all. Along with those users there are others in here that click on the icon and actually get an error pretty much straight away.

With either of these problems nobody can even get a black start screen so your problem is something else all together as you do get a start, you can actually at least get the game loading.

Now I don't know why you are getting that issue but I suggest that if you don't see a similar post in these forums then I would start a new one which will grab the attention of users with a similar problem.

Best of luck.

Dogtags

Edit: I would first try to uninstall Arma and reinstall it from scratch going through each patch to 1.08. Also I assume you downloaded the right patch for you ie. US or International?

I appreciate the help when it is given. We had to fight amongst ourselves for ages and communicate with Securerom ourselves while there was no word from Maruk at all. Maruk only came in and told people there was a patch when people already knew there was a patch.

I and many others would have at least appreciated it if somebody from BI came forward and told us to submit something to Securerom early on or at least acknowledged it earlier rather than ignore us, then my thanks would have been forth coming.

In regards to this particular problem I don't see how he didn't leave us alone in this? he did until somebody else came up with an answer.

To summarize:

for those unable to launch ArmA Securom version 1.08 application doesn't boot at all without any error message, there are fixed executables provided from Securom:

505 Games / Morhicon European/Interanation DVD version 1.08

Atari North American Version 1.08

Until there's anything new to this problem, there's no need to continue in the discussion in this topic.