Sign in to follow this  
heliosjet

Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread

As another side note, I am using an imported German DVD copy of ArmA, -not- the Atari release.

- dRb

Troop....I ran the game from my desktop icon without the nosplash argument and the game started up just fine. I played again for a couple of hours tonite without a hitch...I wish I could help some of you other peeps who cannot get the flippin game to run...I know I would be right PO'd. My Nvidia driver set is 6.14.10.9371...dunnno if that makes a difference or not..... goodnight.gif.

go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\SecuROM\UserData

then Downlaod Unlocker  http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

install

Then highlight all the files in \SecuROM\userdata right click click unlocker move to desktop

then go to C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch and delete the stuff inside of it

then C:\WINDOWS\Temp and delete

and delete the stuff inside of it and then

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp

and delete the stuff inside of it

Congrats you just got rid of alot of junk

then if you want download Regclener 4.3

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Find the 3 secrRom Entrys and Delete.

restart and try to play

whistle.gif

Few More ideas for People with problems:

[*] Move the ArmA and ArmA Other Profiles folder out of your My Documents folder (Just move it to your desktop or wherever). Check if this helps.

[*] Create a new user account by going to: Start, Control Panel, User Accounts. Make sure the new user has Administrator rights.

Logout your current user (start, log off) or reboot.

Login with the new user account and try finding ur ArmA shortcut, if it would not be there, try running ArmA directly by running ArmA.exe

One thing I have noticed:

c:\documents and settings\admin\securom\userdata is dated May 2007. It wasn't created with the 1.08 patch but since it is in "read only" I wonder if the new patch is able to place the new secuROM files. If any of course.

Can someone with a working copy give us the list, size and creation dates of the files to verify?

i have deleted all securom reg files/securom data and the program doesn't start. It should at least send an error message no?

Maybe it is not a securom problem after all.

(I have re-installed 1.04/1.05 and the securom files are back and everything is working). 1.08 is still not working.

BIS should address this as top priority now.

Well, the strange thing about the perceived software problems is that I don't have much software on this machine, which I bought specifically for ArmA.

Just Arma, Civ4, Google Earth, Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, a DVD burner, Adobe Reader, Photo Filtre and a firewall (maybe I missed something).

But I just want to say that I have nothing exotic in here, only bare necessities and common programs almost everyone needs and has.

People who still have the problem please post your full config. It may help identify hardware problems / securom (post only if you receive the no boot/no error issue)

- ARMA DVD VERSION

- Windows XP SP2

- RAM INSTALLED

- PROCESSOR

- GRAPHIC CARD + DRIVER

- SOUND CARD

- MOTHERBOARD MODEL

- DVD DRIVE MODEL

Thanks.

I had this problem but fixed it via reformat, I'll post my specs anyways.

-Atari ArmA DVD

-Windows XP Home SP2

-2gb DDR2 800

-AMDx2 5200+

-2 7950GTs SLI (w/ drivers from the CD - ForceWare 93.71)

-X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty

-ASUS M2N-32 SLI Deluxe

-2 DVD Drives (neither of which made a difference when I had the problem)

The only differences between my newly reformatted configuration and the old one is:

-I haven't updated Windows after the reformat

-I am using stock video drivers from the CD

-I installed just the bare minimum of features from my sound card CD

-Left the Page File as Windows had it

-I reordered the Boot Priority Devices in my BIOS

Damien Tools or similar software is NOT the problem (so don't bother listening to SecuRom support on that one), as I never had those installed when I had the problem.

Page File, would that also be the trouble maker?

i have got 2 of them, one on boot disk and the other on another different drive, the boot disk one is windows managed

I guess it wouldn't hurt to change it and see. Just make sure you write down your current one so you can revert back to it if it does not help. Let me know the results.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to change it and see.  Just make sure you write down your current one so you can revert back to it if it does not help.  Let me know the results.

i need some other ppl to try as its my old computer which got the problem, now that i complete dump that to my father i have no way to test it again

Is anyone also having this problem with the 1.08 dedicated server tool? crazy_o.gif

My system specs are in a previous page.

SecuRom hasn't replied yet since yesterday morning.

Any news from devs? Are they at least aware of this big issue?

I hope they are working on it. Would be nice to know at least an approximately idea of how the fix of this issue is going on, and would be nice to have a possible hotfix release date...

The problem is fixed for me.

I had a crash a the start of the game with a windows message and nothing else...

I just remove my virtual disc drive, and all come allright...

I have tried everything people have done, and even run a program to hide the virtual drives, and still no joy.

Securom are still to reply to my email too, I just hope they fix this soon, after waiting weeks for the new patch to unify everyone, not good.

The devs always say nothing, just hope they are working on a fix

Hi all

This was what I got in reply to my email to Securom

Quote[/b] ]Hello.

Thank you for your email. I've checked your analysis file, but will need to consult our developers to offer a solution. I will return to you as soon as I can.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com

or via e-mail: support@securom.com

*** Please include the subject line exactly as written above including your ticket number in all communications to ensure proper handling ***

Kind Regards walker

I'm still waiting for at least an email telling that they have not idea of what's wrong.

I had like 4 or 5 emails with securom, the last one two days ago, and since then, after they asked me for a new Analysis file that I submitted, I had no more responses.

I email them again today, asking what's going on. Still waiting.

There been five days to find a solution, I cannot believe that they cannot find a god damn solution in five days. I am very pissed off. icon_hitler.gif

1.08 installed over 1.05 and 1.07 with fix ... ArmA is not starting anymore. No addons. CD is starting but nothing happens   crazy_o.gif

Not the kind of "improvement" I was expecting Mr BIS   help.gif

There has never been such a bad patch in the whole history of BIS   sad_o.gif

- ARMA DVD VERSION : Europe France

- Windows XP SP2

- RAM INSTALLED : 2 GB

- PROCESSOR : C2D X6800

- GRAPHIC CARD + DRIVER : 8800GTS-640 Mo 158.22

- SOUND CARD : audigy 2

- MOTHERBOARD MODEL : P5N32-E SLI

- DVD DRIVE MODEL : NEC-ND7170A

However, it has surely nothing to do with gfx board or mobo or sound board ...

BIS, please provide a fix ASAP !!

However, it has surely nothing to do with gfx board or mobo or sound board ...

BIS, please provide a fix ASAP !!

That's for sure.

The problem is that they have updated the copy protection and it may be now incompatible with either some DVD drives or something, because the systems specs of the affected people are very, very different, there is no a single component repeated in all the affected customers(yeah, we are bloody customers that had paid and cannot play, funny hooah? )

By now they should have been thinking about removing the copy protection, not upgrade it!  banghead.gif

I am pretty sure that the vast majority of the ArmA players have an original version becasue, at least in my case, play online most of the time, and to play online you need a valid CD-key that comes with the game.

The funniest part is that I'm sure that the ones that have a pirated copy are playing without problems, and we are fucked up waiting for a bloody hotfix, without news about how it is going and when we should expect it  mad_o.gif

yes it is now ridiculous specially that we do not see any announcement or help from BIS for days. Looks like they are ignoring us. Of course we paid our copy when some pirates are probably playing with 1.08 already.

pistols.gif

Fully uninstalled an reinstalled DVD + 1.05 + 1.08.

1.05 works. 1.08 does NOT crazy_o.gif

BIS : any comments ?? help.gif