Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

What would you like to see?

I don't mean features, or even bug fixes. I mean more in terms of Weapons, Vehicles, Or Soldiers, or even Teams.

1. I myself would like to see a shotgun. While not truly conventional, my unit did have a few shotguns for when we did building entries.

2. A Chinook. Nothing like dropping off 40+ soldiers into a battlefield with 1 helicopter. (And yes, some of my MP Coop missions drop off that many guys.)

3. C-130 and AC-130 Spectra Gunship. Those SF guys need some real Support. And the C-130 For Airborne ops and resupply (Put stuff like Humvees and stuff)

4. Spec op Medic, just in hopes that we can have a medic who looks like the rest of the SF guys.

5. Parachutes for light armor vehicles. So we can shove them out of a C-130 perhaps.

6. Perhaps a UH-60 specifically for fast roping, or even one capable of lifting up light equipment like a real UH-60. Small artillery pieces, a single Humvee, and maybe move able ammo crates.

7. As stated in my last thing, Ammo Crates that can be transported and dropped. I know we can load up vehicles with it, but it would be nice to be able to just do drop with a Chinook into the battlefield when low on ammo.

I dont want to see expansion,for awhile, because number 1: probly dont have the cash to buy it(well half truth, Ill allways scarp some cash somewhere tounge2.gif )

and second Im mainly waiting for these awesome mods to come out to daylight (iraq mod, FDF mod, USMC mod)

and third expansions could screw up the MP, or atleast divide the playerbase even more.

fourth dont really want an expansion by BIS if its like in OPF, with the same islands , and a new campaign.

(they could release a new campaign as a free addon xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif )

and lastly all these things u mentioned will most likely be part of these new mods. (Fast roping for iraq mod is a must)

I just hope there won't be any expansions. -Puma- pretty much explained why and then some.

Besides, we could just use mods, and they're free.

I just hope there won't be any expansions. -Puma- pretty much explained why and then some.

Besides, we could just use mods, and they're free.

I wouldn't say I don't ever want to see an expansion, but I would prefer if they fixed all the bugs before they made one. Resistance was probably the coolest thing that happened to OFP, and I bet something similar could do the same for ArmA. Perhaps with a really cool campaign, like Res had.

Content is not what BIS is good at.

Army-Marine mish mashes, every SF op in a Protect helmet, CROWS like turrets without any zoom, reloadable AT4s, big-red-dot M68 CCOs, gunfire sounds out of a cartoon, default loadouts that are laughable, etc etc.

But what BIS is good at is making an engine and an environment that people who are good at content can operate. And every once in a while they'll fix or add a feature that helps the content along.

Quote[/b] ]fourth dont really want an expansion by BIS if its like in OPF, with the same islands , and a new campaign.

Wrong, Resistance got loads of stuff other than just a new campaign. For instance, a certain little island with new better looking objects, textures and vegetation crazy_o.gif

Oh, or did you refer to the expansion by Codemasters? Well, it added many voices with a russian accent smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]fourth dont really want an expansion by BIS if its like in OPF, with the same islands , and a new campaign.

Wrong, Resistance got loads of stuff other than just a new campaign. For instance, a certain little island with new better looking objects, textures and vegetation crazy_o.gif

Oh, or did you refer to the expansion by Codemasters? Well, it added many voices with a russian accent smile_o.gif

For the love of christ, I'm not going YMCA crazystyle, but a Navy would be nice!

Hi,

My wishes for an expansion pack:

* New islands with a single climate zone (temperate, arctic or arid)

* Additional vehicles (e.g. Stryker MGS, Bradley, T80, Humvee Avenger, BRDM with SA9, armoured recovery vehicles, independent side trucks and support vehicles)

* Additional aircraft (Cessna, Frogfoot, Apache, Chinook, Kiowa, Hind)

* Additional individual weapons (M4/M203 with iron sights, M4/M203 with Aimpoint, M4 with ACOG, M249 with Elcan optics, M240 with Elcan optics, AUG, G36 with AG36, AKS74, AKS74 with underslung, RPK74, Bizon, Carl Gustav, Javelin, Tokarev, Skorpion, Glock17, CZ75, Ingram, Kozlice)

* Additional static weapons (M240 on tripod, PK on tripod, M249 on tripod, Mk19 on ground mount, 60mm/81mm/82mm/120mm mortars, heavy RCL)

* Additional personnel models (choice between the SF models with kevlar helmet or protec style helmets, more variety in headgear, snipers in ghillie suits, independent side units without body armour, civilians in different attire)

* A good SP campaign

Regards,

Sander

Chinooks with built in features would be nice (Like BAS's Chinook) Also, a Medium sized cargo plane that could be used to transport paratroopers

Well, I think real extensions like OFP:Resistance are good both for BI and the community.

Firstly, it could create a somewhat constant source of income for BI. I read an article about BI nearly was broke before the ArmA release so they where forced to release. We all know where it did end.

Now assume they didn't make a hard cut after OFP:Resistance and instead kept developing -and selling- a steadily evolving engine.

Maybe every 6 months a new update for 30$.

The community -which seems to be very dedicated- could,

give constant feedback about the direction the 'game' grows.

And there were no sudden leap in the system performance requirements.

Could be a win-win situation. I can't understand why they choose to release one big 'hit-or-fail' thing after 5 years and prefer to work such a long time afterwards (in obligingness) just to fix the many issues.

I'd want it to be a war that does not involve America, maybe something like OFP: Resistance was. Of course it would need new units to represent new army/armies. And a new island as good as Sahrani but with a different style to make it unique.

And a good SP campaign is a must. The ArmA one just wasn't as good as the OFP ones.

Of course ArmA needs one or two patches first, and maybe an improved campaign, before they start work on an expansion.

I would love to see those features mentioned but that will all come rather quickly once the tools come out.

Secondly I wouldn't really want an expansion because well if it's anything like ArmA it would need loads and loads more patches to get it to playable.

They should get ArmA fully working on all machines, fix the bugs and then they could think about releasing an expansion. But I doubt that it would be anytime soon that happens.

Ive always been one to prefer official expansions over mods.

1. Bigger community 95 percent of the time (BF1942 DC was one of few where the mod was bigger than the actual game)

2. Official supports with more patches. Cant tell you how many mods I played where they were in beta until the sequel to the original game came out, and they scraped their game and moved onto the sequel.

3. A bigger team working on it, thus improvements come out faster, where as most mods are done by people who do it in spare time, and not dedicated to it as their career.

4. More balance, too many mods out their throw out balance. (Desert Combat, Iraq anyone?)

and sure everyone can point out a mod that works great and is as good as a real product, but for the most part, a mod will rarely equal that of a real expansion.

And a good SP campaign is a must. The ArmA one just wasn't as good as the OFP ones.

Of course ArmA needs one or two patches first, and maybe an improved campaign, before they start work on an expansion.

They 've already tweaked the campain thrue many patches and it really does not look any more to the first version of the campain, however, it's still bad, but bis itself recognized the campain is bad and i do not think they will improve more the campain.

Anyway, i would not be surprised if they are already working on an expansion.

Also an A-10 with LGB's would be extremely useful

Addweapon and removeweapon scripting commands can already do this. Look in the wiki. It's just a tiny bit of simple scripting to put in the init field of the A10.

Everything your asking for is being done at this momemt TRUST me.... whistle.gif

Maby not by BI, but by others...

Just keep an eye out for those

Awsome addons...

but like I said though, Im not big on addons, I prefer official addons/expansions. Been in that Battlefield, and Steam era for a long time, and I am not a big fan of minor mods or addons. I always preferred mostly official work. Only mod that wasn't steam related that I played more than the official game was Desert Combat, but even that had problems and major imbalance issues

i sincerely hope they are working on an add-on. it would not have to be done by BIS, would it? 505 Games (or whoever it was) did a great job on the "Blood Sweat and Tears" mission for the international release. get those guys to work on the add-on while BIS keeps working on the main game and the engine.

what this game needs is a strong singleplayer part. OpF had it, ArmA does not (yet). i would expect 2 campaigns in an add-on: 1 on the US Army side, and another one on a different side (the SLA, the Royals, or the USMC, if included).

here's some features that i would like to see in an official add-on:

- new campaign(s); complete with characters, dialogue and cutscenes. 40+ missions per campaign (as in OpF). does not need a new island. Sahrani is big enough for several campaigns.

- new weapons; some already mentioned above. H&K Mk 23 for US Special Forces, some Colt M1911 variant for US Forces, SIG P-226 for US SF, Colt M-4A1 Commando for US SF, Mk 48 for US SF, IMI Uzi for Royals etc.

- new vehicles; already mentioned above. Mi-24, T-80, BTR-80, OH-58, AH-64, M-2 Bradley, LAV25. basically, everything that was in OpF, and then some. and a Huey, please.

- a new party: include the US Marine Corps in full force. a complete set of US Marine Infantry (Force Recon instead of Army Special Forces). that's why i mentioned the 1911 and the Huey. the add-on should contain a campaign on the side of the USMC as well. the Marines should have unique models wearing Marine body armor and gear, not just different skins.

- a new mini-party: include the US Navy SEALs. unique weapons such as the Mk 43 and Glock 18. unique ability to swim in water without losing gear. unique ability to swim submerged for a limited time.

- new feature: a complete inventory that allows you not only to change your weapons before and during missions but also lets you choose from different gear set ups. for example: an infantry mission would let you choose to play as grenadier, machine gunner, marksman or rifleman. in addition, each class would come with at least 2 different "models" that would wear different levels of body protection and load-bearing gear, letting you choose between better protection or better load-bearing capabilities etc. inventory slots and stamina would be affected.

- new feature: the pistol, if one is carried, should finally be visible in the holster.

- new feature: working laser aiming sights (both visible and invisible (NVG)) on the M-4/M-16 and the Mk 23 (if included).

Hi, this is what i'll like to see in a future expansion disk:

- USMC ground units.

- USMC Vehicles.

- USMC campaign based on the support to the Sharani offensive.

- M1A Socom 16" Aimpoint, Acog, Reflex & Eotech.

- M1A SOCOM II Aimpoint, Acog, Reflex & Eotech.

- M1911-A1 MEC-SEU.

- OV10-D Bronco Recon plane.

and i think that that's all; maybe more, or modern eastern ground

vehicles... i don't know. Let's C ya

Addweapon and removeweapon scripting commands can already do this. Look in the wiki. It's just a tiny bit of simple scripting to put in the init field of the A10.

Having the Weapon/Magazine classnames for the A10 Weapons would be useful, do you happen to know them?

Id like a Non US themed addon pack too with UK Forces being represented.

Challenger II MBT

Warrior FAV

432 APC

Landrover varients

UK Uniforms & gear

Lynx, Apachie, Chinook & Merlin choppers etc.

Infact, just get BIS to contact RKLS & UKF and work with them to compile the addon disc.

Ugh, none of this Marine stuff. Its a joint task force. Its a use of Airforce, Marine, and Army equipment. Why would they make a USMC complete team. I prefer they keep it as a joint force.

If they add another team make it a none US team, maybe some Euro team.

Or at least make the US team and pure Army team, and then maybe add marines...

Ugh, none of this Marine stuff. Its a joint task force. Its a use of Airforce, Marine, and Army equipment. Why would they make a USMC complete team. I prefer they keep it as a joint force.

If they add another team make it a none US team, maybe some Euro team.

Or at least make the US team and pure Army team, and then maybe add marines...

that's what i mean. the current US Army should be corrected to be just that: the US Army.

then add the USMC as a new party (always friendly with the US Army) with a complete set of infantry, ground vehicles and aircraft.

while i can understand that some of you guys want your countries military in the game, the USMC would make a hell of a lot more sense than the UK Army or the Australians; the US is the only outside power involved in the Sahrani conflict, and the USMC is already partially included.

besides: brits want UK forces, germans want the bundeswehr, slovaks want Slovakian forces, etc. it's going nowhere - fast.

and also: a lot of USMC stuff is already in the game: the Harrier, the Abrams, the Hummer, the M-16A4, the M-249 and the M-240. some would even think that BIS included the M-16A4 set of rifles in preparation for the introduction of the USMC in ArmA...

a few additional vehicles (LAV, AAV, Huey), weapons (M-40, M1911, M4 Shotgun) and models would have to be done. not much work for BIS or another team experienced with the ArmA engine.