Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral_Assassin

Idea for BI: Autobalance

This has probably already been said, but since topics are all put in one thread and the search feature in this forum isn't that good, I made a seperate post.

It would be nice to have an autobalance feature for the servers, whereas people joining in game would be forced to join a team if that team is a man down.

I think, that if BIS will make Server Side Scripting powerful enough, then it will make such (and other) thing happen.

Ask that on some scripters thread or forum , BIS is making a simulator game not a BF2 game .

I think the game is good now , if you play with squad members

The MP already has an AutoBalance when you join a server it will put you in the team with the leaste players but thats all the once the player is in he can they choose to go to the bigger team.  huh.gif but then wheres the fun in that, joining the smaller team = more action. only crappy players join the bigger team.

The MP already has an AutoBalance when you join a server it will put you in the team with the leaste players but thats all the once the player is in he can they choose to go to the bigger team.  huh.gif but then wheres the fun in that, joining the smaller team = more action. only crappy players join the bigger team.

Hear hear.

You get winning team joiners in every game. There should really be an autobalance option that disallows players from switching teams.

EDIT: It could even be scripted, methinks....

There's no sense for me...

I agree with Switchor, it's not a good thing for team players.

And why not forbiden people to disconnect ? If you have two players disconnecting on the same team, u can have the what you want balance team option/script or whatever, the teams wont be balanced.

I mean it's good how is it now. Maybe when the admin set a new map you can have few minuts where you can have this problem to have no balanced teams but after everything is ok.

Take a look at the excellent Southern Storm mission.

The team-select and switch scripts are fantastically done.

IMO these should be used a lot more.

easy way is type #missions select one then type #reassign or other way around i forgot. pistols.gif

Ask that on some scripters thread or forum , BIS is making a simulator game not a BF2 game .

I think the game is good now , if you play with squad members

Are you kidden me? Creating a built in Auto-Balance feature would not turn this GAME into bf2. Besides... it would probably be set as an OPTION, to be disabled or enabled.

Quote[/b] ]There's no sense for me...

And why not forbiden people to disconnect ?

Thats a pretty stupid statement right there.

Theres more to a game than just the 3D portion of it. The menus, features and tools all contribute. Lot's of popular games have it as an option, and whats the harm at having an option. Saying that its fine the way it is, is just selfish.

LOL, yeah, what cam said. Geez, I dont want it to be mandatory, but just an OPTION. When your an hour into a 2 1/2 hour RTS and people start getting the teams lopsided because they override the autobalance that is already in place by switching to the winning team or team that already has excess players, then that swings the momentum drastically and basically ruins a 2 hour mission. I will have to check out the scripts available. And NO, an autobalance will not turn this into BF2.