Sign in to follow this  
spetznaz14

Anyone in XP without the "fog/haze"?

Which driver are you using if any of you have found a fix for this.. the 1.08 patch seems to make the game run 200% smoother but still this damn fog/haze is killing me... please help!!.

8800GTS.

Ive tried 5 differnt drivers to try and fix this CTD Freeze and i have not encounted any FOG Not in 1.08 anyways.

Ive tried 5 differnt drivers to try and fix this CTD Freeze and i have not encounted any FOG Not in 1.08 anyways.

Well I dont get it, the only difference is I have a GTS and that I have german online release, though I doubt that should make a difference?, can you provide a screenshot please, not that I dont believe you I just want to see the difference from mine. I might re-install the game later but I only have 1 go left then I need to email the muppets again for another code.

I notice if there's anything other than bright sun at noon, I will get a little fog but it doesn't really detract from the game, it's barely noticeable - easy fix for me was to increase my viewdistance anywhere over 2.5k and the fog magically lifts.

EDIT: I've got the German online version patched to v1.08 / XP / 8800GTS v158.22 drivers.

Well I would not describe mine as little fog, I think a little is normal in the distance.

2.5km vd

4km vd

All fog bars set to lowest 12:30pm.

crazy_o.gif

If there were no fog at all at the end of viewdistance it would look very bad, rendering would be cut so i belive the purpose is to smooth it out (the horizon).

Do like this, open the menu with the view distance slider and move it left and right.

While doing it, look outside the Display Option menu, the background picture sort of, and see the fog moving in and out on you as you move the slider.

I'd say the fog you do see at 2.5k and 4k is the fog that will make it all look more smooth like mentioned above. And also, see the diff. on your both pictures, and you see that the fog has moved back.

I think you're seeing something normal simply.

It is not normal, check a screenshot of someone using a 7900 or many other gfx card and you will see the difference, I just want to find out how some 8800 users claim they dont have this problem, ok so its not an unplayable problem but its very annoying having a good gfx card and having to put up with it when old cards dont.

banghead.gif

But if you eliminate fog, how do you suggest that view distance should be adjustable?

Well I would not describe mine as little fog, I think a little is normal in the distance.

2.5km vd

4km vd

All fog bars set to lowest 12:30pm.

crazy_o.gif

Yup, mine looks just like that.  I thought it was normal as I don't have another videocard to really compare it to.

Actually its not so bad once you get off the mountains and the game does look rather good and with those settings its so smooth even in towns, I can live with it now the game seems so much faster and stable like I said its just annoying that slight haze/fog is not there on older cards.

I just want some people who say there is no fog with their 8800 to post some screen shots.

This is mad

The FOG in the distance SHOULD be there, as stated above.

In fact to get rid of it, in most circles would be considered cheating for PVP.

If your using a wiz bang Graphics Card then expect to get what the game has to offer in the way of Graphics etc.

Lower end cards/Older cards do not offer as much detail etc etc.

And I am not sure but cant you adjust your fog table from you Cards properities?

the level of "fog" have already reaches the level of "SMOG" i think, but my VD never go farther then 2500,

anyway all i could hope for is BI finally fix it

Unlucky users of nVidea cards. ATI dont have this problem  whistle.gif

i think we already totally aware of that, what nV answer is a crapy driver which never fix the VRAM fragments for 8800 users, a never update driver for 7XXX cards, and that BI have to dump back down so it bypass most the problem since 1.05+

1.07.5154 no fog problem

1.07.5157 fog problem

1.08 fog problem

Why there was no fog problem in 1.07.5154?

This is mad

The FOG in the distance SHOULD be there, as stated above.

In fact to get rid of it, in most circles would be considered cheating for PVP.

If your using a wiz bang Graphics Card then expect to get what the game has to offer in the way of Graphics etc.

Lower end cards/Older cards do not offer as much detail etc etc.

And I am not sure but cant you adjust your fog table from you Cards properities?

Read the posts in the thread properly, the problem is the fog gradually starts near where the player is making things look dull and brown/gray looking.

My 8800GTX has the fog issue while a 6800GT in my other PC does not, this is the only game that I have that has this problem.

1.07.5154 no fog problem

1.07.5157 fog problem

1.08 fog problem

Why there was no fog problem in 1.07.5154?

Not sure about that (at least in my case), the fog in 1.08 looks the same as 1.07.54 i.e not too bad but still present, it was certainly worse in 1.05 and before. I would say its no longer a critical bug but its still annoying for the people that have it.

if thare is to much fog or haze set Post prosseing on Low or get a no fog hack lol JK

The viewdistance bug still exists with the 1.08 patch. This was an acknowledge bug in 1.05, and there was even a Dev post with screens showing off the 'new' long view distance with the latest patch. Sadly this has not materialised, although the problem seems to be restricted to 8800 series nVidia cards only.

If anyone with an 8800 card can see more than 2km, regardless of the view distance setting, we'd like to know what type of card you have and what version drivers you are using.

I have an 8800 GTX and see no fog even remotely close to me. But I do see it on the horizon. Could care less if it is on the horizon. Thats a pretty freaking far distance from me. lol

the 8800 fog dont only exist in ArmA too, a lot other games affected from this

This would definitely be an XP issue since,

With Vista 64 and an 8800gtx...I've crashed into a mountain due to the fog got to thick at the center area. mad_o.gif

Could be worse on Vista (64), my mate has a 8800GTX and has the fog issue. My Machine at his house i use for coop has a x800XT and dont have a prob. But it is more hazy on his than mine. Also it wasnt there in the first 1.07 beta.

Cheers

GC