Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Evolution - Single Player

You basically have an unlimited number of team members, since you can just recruit a new one if one dies.

Also, I would suggest to leave one guy back at the base once you got a good team size together. That way you can use him to recruit remotely (without you having to be at the base).

A lot of people don't seem to be aware of that feature, but it can be extremely useful if you're in the middle of a battle and your guys are dying like flies...

In newest mp-evolution one can recruit with radio menu, without leaving one AI to the base. Are you planning to include this?

I agree. Artillery, air support, etc. would be a great addition. Although, even with that or any other addition one can think of it will always be "unrealistic". It's still a video game...(Sorry about that, just a veteran having a little fun.)

I think I could settle for support like mrn had it as long as i can call in infantry and tanks.

this mission is very good, but the mission needs more action!!!it feel like spec op mission. the support idea and few men more the right way i think

times hope for one well solution

and sure 30men= too many whistle.gifgoodnight.gif

I don`t ask for 30 men, only two more to provide AA support for 4 M1A1, that needed 12 men to operate them. huh.gif

Hey I have a compromise, why don't you release a "singleplayer evolution template" that way we can costumize our evoulution mission to whatever we want. confused_o.gif

In newest mp-evolution one can recruit with radio menu, without leaving one AI to the base. Are you planning to include this?

Is that an official KilJoy version, or one of the many unauthorized "aftermarket" ones?

As I've said many, many times - The SP-version will stay as closely as possible to the MP-version. There won't be any changes in the SP-version that would significantly change the gameplay of the original (so no artillery, air support, not even UPS patrols!, unless it exists in the MP-version). Some features of MP (e.g. medics & engineer classes) aren't transported into SP, since the whole purpose of them is to support team-play, something we don't have to worry about in SP. Others (e.g. the shuttle) have been added to compensate for the lack of human players). But when it comes to fundamental mission mechanics, there will NOT be any drastic changes compared to the MP-version!

And while it's threoretically possible to play in a 30-man team online, I haven't seen that happen too often. Normally you seem to be lucky to get 10 people together, so the SP-limit of 12 is pretty close. Also, if you actually would get together a team of 30 people staging a coordinated attack on a city, that mission would be over in a heartbeat.

Sure, I could add 2 units, so you can drive 4 tanks, but whoever said that you're supposed to be able to control 4 tanks?! And then the next person will come up and say "I need three more AIs, so I can have 4 tanks, plus 3 support vehicles, etc. etc.".

There will always be different opinions as to how a mission should look like, and setups that are way too hard for one person will be way too hard for the next one, but considering that this mission is supposed to be quite hard, but is still definitely doable with the right persistence, I think the current level is just where it should be.

And, as far as "templates" are concerned, anybody is free to unpack the mission, and to modify it until it suits your specific preferences (just don't publish it...)

"And, as far as "templates" are concerned, anybody is free to unpack the mission, and to modify it until it suits your specific preferences (just don't publish it...)"

Really! how do I do that.

Are not the other files in the Evo SP download, that files besides the pbo file , the campaign datas?

Everything you need is in the PBO file.

Just get one of the PBO Extractors (my favorite is Eliteness), extract it, and put the created folder (with all the files it contains) into the mission folder that's in your profile path.

After that you can open it in your editor and change it to your heart's content.

But don't come crying to me if you break something... wink_o.gif

Thx for permission for edit notworthy.gif

lot more fun with more men thx thx thx notworthy.gif  yay.gif

Hi. Thankyou Kronzky for this great conversion. Really helps me cut down my bandwidth usage :-).

I have got a problem though. My save game got corrupted. When I load it a member of my squad drops dead and the game crashes. And I was too stupid to back up my saves.

I wrote down the codes for my rank so I can get that back. But I had also cleared Paraiso and if there was a code for that I didnt notice it and didnt write it down. Does anyone have a code I can use to unlock paraiso (1st city) ??

Thankyou for your help...

oh sorry but i think the codes are generated.i give a friend codes but they dont work.sorry but you must capture paraiso again good luck pistols.gifwink_o.gif

Hi,

not sure if this bug has been mentioned. Sometime during the game (only in evolution) there is this error message popping up in the top left corner of the screen saying something like "select man" and something with "skill" or so. The game keeps working normally though. Another thing is that I have gotten some CTDs firing FFAR missiles from the Ah-6 Littlebird. I got CTDs like twice during an attack on Somato as a gunner in a Stryker.

The mods I am using are trueview, NWD_ballistics, Chammy's sound mod and this suppression script.

Worked fine though until like 2 days ago.

Dunno, if the error message and the CTDs are connected.

Hi, when I dpbo this, the folder is "read Only"

Normally I can change it (through properies), but it wont let me, it just keeps resetting back to ro. Im running vista x86 as admin with full permissious (UAC on)

Why cant I change the read only setting?

I really want to be able to open this in the editor.....

use PBO Extractors!!!exctract with CPBO or Eliteness.And put the mission in armaOtherProfil/****/missions wink_o.gif

Firstly Kronzky thanks for this most excellent mission. I'm having real fun as the game progresses, collecting all sorts of goodies. I've noticed as mentioned earlier that Strykers (M2 & M19) don't rearm properly which is a shame but to compensate i've also noticed that my captured T72's will rearm to full strength from my ammo truck as long as i don't get out of it. As soon as i pop out for a quick sniping session the ammo goes back down to 2 and 200.

Thank once again for this, more fun than the main single player campaign IMHO.

These are unfortunately ArmA issues that I have no control over.

But since it is predictable behaviour, and nothing that just kills the game, just take it as an extra challenge, that you will have to find a way to deal with.

Just like in war, where you will have lots of unpredictable and "inconvenient" things happening to you, take these little bugs as some sort of simulation of the uncertainty of battle situations... wink_o.gif

I'm really enjoying this, thank you Kronzky. I've learned a hell of a lot about hit and run tactics using this mission - taking the first town with 4 men is an incredibly difficult task, and I had to make use of a fraught heli extraction more than once! It's taught me much about loading up vehicles with additional ammo for longer ops deep in enemy territory, and the intelligent engagement of much larger odds from cover, firing and moving.

The first spec ops-esque raid for the radio tower during the early stages of each siege is great fun and you have to continously change your tactics on the fly - the fact that you have a base to return to and regroup, rearm and replenish your forces also lends the whole mission a level of strategy previously missing.

It's difficult and a little daunting to get started, but as soon as you're set up you can really go for it and the mission becomes supremely satisfying and enjoyable. Excellent work!

use PBO Extractors!!!exctract with CPBO or Eliteness.And put the mission in armaOtherProfil/****/missions wink_o.gif

I USED CPBO! And when I extracted the pbo, with my Pbo extractor, the folder for this mission was a "read only" file and I cant change it (And When I try, I start-up Armed assault and get an error in the editor saying "this file is Read ONly" or something like that... )

^^same thing with me. I want to increase the amount of squad members I can have but I cant extract the file.

Oh sorry but i dont have this problem.I hope is not a problem to post the mission for the Arma editor.       http://rapidshare.com/files/50782619/EvolutionSP.Sara.rar.html  unrar and      put this in  armaOtherProfil/****/missions. it works on my "Arma"editor.

@liljb15

For increase the amount of squad members you dont need to start arma.download the file and open EvolutionSP.Sara\actions and edit the recruit.sqf file with windows editor and change

example:

if (_rank < 1) exitwith {handle=[2] execVM "scripts\req.sqf"};

if (_rank < 2 and _ainum >= 8) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 3 and _ainum >= 12) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 4 and _ainum >= 16) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 5 and _ainum >= 20) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 6 and _ainum >= 25) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank >=6 and _ainum >= 30) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

and convert to EvolutionSP.Sara(pbo file)

Oh sorry but i dont have this problem.I hope is not a problem to post the mission for the Arma editor. http://rapidshare.com/files/50782619/EvolutionSP.Sara.rar.html unrar and put this in armaOtherProfil/****/missions. it works on my "Arma"editor.

@liljb15

For increase the amount of squad members you dont need to start arma.download the file and open EvolutionSP.Sara\actions and edit the recruit.sqf file with windows editor and change

example:

if (_rank < 1) exitwith {handle=[2] execVM "scripts\req.sqf"};

if (_rank < 2 and _ainum >= 8) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 3 and _ainum >= 12) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 4 and _ainum >= 16) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 5 and _ainum >= 20) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank < 6 and _ainum >= 25) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

if (_rank >=6 and _ainum >= 30) exitwith {hint localize "EVO_066";};

and convert to EvolutionSP.Sara(pbo file)

Thanks alot man I really needed this