thanks BIS

patch is wonderfoul

e6600

2gb ram

8800gtx

all very high 3500viewdist

1600x1200

run very good

Yeah, nice improvements I've noticed in my limited time playing the new patch.

As some mentioned on this page, textures seem somehow different (in a good way) and funny thing is, I thought the game had defaulted to a different resolution when I fired it up, but it hadn't. They seem to have changed the kerning in the font used in the GUI - it's more condensed! tounge2.gif

Least of our collective worries was issues with GUI but I like how the gear menu seems a lot more refined. Those shadowy bits around the weapons give it a far more "finished" look.

Littlebird was a lot better to fly and framerate is up with viewdistance pushed higher! Nice work. wink_o.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention - I was on 1.05 before and now I've noticed that machinegunners actually fire in bursts and not single shots anymore. Also, advancing opfor tried to 'nade me a lot more than before. Better immersion!

The game just seems to run smoother at better graphics settings than before, and the view distance is just amazing ... I got lost before in the Airstrip because I was'nt used to see mountain ranges and wondered where I was .. . rofl.gif

Armed Assault runs fantastic with 1.08

Very good work on the patch! thumbs-up.gif

- CPU A64(939) @~2900MHz

- 2048MB Ram

- GF8800GTS(640)

- SB Audigy 2ZS

- 1680 x 1050

Now, ArmA is GREAT!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Now THAT's a post to print out and put above ur bed; Lee's Game Running great biggrin_o.gif (Fun intented of course mate, it's great that even ur setup is fine now biggrin_o.gif)

Hi, is true that there's a noticeable performance upgrade with the

version 1.08, even with my "poor" P4 3.000Mhz, 1Gb DDR RAM, G-Force

7600 GT & my 7200rpm HD. But there isn't any or really really small

performance upgrade using the 2D sights, they lag like before.

A way of reduce this, i think that will be to change the zoom factor

to the same one than with full zoom in any of the 3D/Iron sighted

weapons; in weapons like the ACOG sighted ones or the G36's, that

booth have a x4 zoom in the real life but here they seem to have

like a x18 hubble zoom that without any doubt make 'em lag and

makes much more hard to use 'em right. I killed much more AI's

yesterday with a M4A1 (iron sighted) than with a G36K. Let's C ya

I have noticed zooming with optics really lowers FPS again, including an occasional ~0.5 second freeze.

yup, thats pissing me off banghead.gif

it happens to me when i am looking through scope to distanced bushes group, may be thats one of the reason?

Was on my squads server (3rd ID Realism), and had > 43 people on for over 2 hours, had 56 for about 20 min, and all the while, a liquid smooth, stable server (much more than 1.07beta). I earlier had crashed out, and had seen an issue someone else had getting to the gear screen, but they did not arise in over 5 hours of play.

Going from v1.05 to v1.08 the biggest difference is the viewdistance... my god how can it be possible...  inlove.gif

Haven't had much time to play but noticed a couple of things that are a bit annoying:

- Unable to look around when using a mounted gun (eg. M2 on Hummer,Abrams,static etc.)

-I thought I read that freelook would be possible when in scope mode (sights up).

Still the best game in the world!!!

Fantastic work BIS,please keep em coming BIS  yay.gif

After initial problems I found correct graphic settings and the game runs faster than ever. Takes some tweaking, but frame rate is more than good biggrin_o.gif

Plus Predator released his sound mod on the same day thumbs-up.gif

Well i installed and it made no difference on frame rate ... i think arma maybe maxed out at 75fps which I already get in all situations with nvidia drivers 160.03 I might go down to 158 version and check those ....i did notice in a few games i played that it was a bit jumpy but not sure if that was the server or player qty.... need to test on our FUSION server will report back

I have All settings on normal but can play on high and very high with no drop in frame rate .....75hz refresh ....60hz makes it worse ...and distance on 2000 Normally

screen samsung 226bw 16:9 2ms 1280x1204

Striker extreme mb

e6300 oc @ 3.2 mhz watercooled

8800gti 640 600/900 watercooled

2gb 1150mhz ocz watercooled ram

raptor 150gig- twin raid 0

Enermax720 infinite psu

Termaltake Kandalf LCS ALU

Vista 32bit ---finally working well

rubbish bb connection 5050kbps / 352kbps ping avg 65ms :-(

I would like to know what the max anybody else in the arma worlds getting to see if im wasting my time looking to oc the gpu.

The ladder bug I have also noticed reach the top and cant move forward without changing weapon first.

Dave ...aka [FUSION] Spare

http://www.fusion-squad.eu

http://www.european-combat-league.com/

Up, up

Just playtested with 1.08 after installing the patch without any trouble. I guess it pays to keep it addonfree for now.

When starting Arma I was optimistic and set some settings higher just for testing.

I was quite surprised that it ran totally fluent wow_o.gif

Quite some boost I´d say.

There are a lot of changes you can experience.

BIS did a very good job with this patch, and this is no fanboy-talk.

In fact I was rather curious on the patch and to my surprise they really made this one a big one with a lot of details, adjustments, enhancements and whatnot.

The only problem I had so far was with BLood Sweat and Tears mission. When I picked up sniper rifle at the dude with the uniform and headed for the assault, the game told me that I was leaving mission area and shut down the mission every time I tried. huh.gif

Thx BIS thumbs-up.gif

screen samsung 226bw 16:9 2ms 1280x1204

The 226BW is 16:10 and why are you playing at 1280x1024(5:4)?? crazy_o.gif

The native res for this great tft is 1680x1050

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

i have 16:9 and 16:10 options  could be my graphics card ... but hay your the expert so u tell me.

This res gives me crystal clear Arma  

Dave

ps ...could be my vista drivers as i dont have this res you talk about only 1360x768 above the one i use and it does not have 75hz option

It's a lot more fluid even on my crappy 6600GT... I'm impressed...

8800 probs? what y talking about? 880 is one of the latest isnt it? i got rx800 ati (ancient something) and it still works great with _all_ settings on "low"

There are still some driver related problems with the 8800 series.

Nothing special, this cards are brand new DX10 hardware. wink_o.gif

I was leary to try this patch. But, with lots of testing and several ctd's, I have it running properly w/Vista64.

Seems only the nvidia 158.24 whql drivers will play it without problems(I prefer 158.45 beta crazy_o.gif ) I still have to disable sli in game video profile though. huh.gif

1920X1200 seems to be the sweet spot for me now. (was 1280x768)