Sign in to follow this  
Spindry69

1.08 performance increase!

Wow, I just tried all settings on high, post processing very high and ten squads fighting in heavy forest. No lag, no LOD popups, amazing! With the 1.05 patch I had setting on medium, shadows off and I got lag and LOD popups. This seems to be a massive improvement. Well done BIS! BTW with the settings turned up this game looks beautiful.

Well, way to go Spindry69; smile_o.gif

one issue though; could you post your specs? I'm curious if 4 hours of download will bring that improvement with my machine as well.. huh.gif

You meant 3Ghz for sure. wink_o.gif

Arma works better with patch 1.08 on every machine i think.

A strong graphic card with much vram is recommended.

I'm curious to hear from other people if they get a performance increase too.

as always ppl will say their perforemce drop on this patch i am sure, basicly there is no way to get a perforemce increase for each type of different spec

Yes, the performance is better.

Sys. Spec`s:

AhtlonXP 3200+

1GB Ram in Dual-Channel mode

MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP

Creative Labs Audigy2

some nice perf boost, but grass still lags like hell mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

(clad that it can be turned off tough)

no fps drops in citys and forests in north anymore, but like i said zooming acog thru grass, FPS goes to 6 lol, wich makes prone shooting with scope imbossible...

with this you played on minimum details? I bet it was only 8800 problems.

8800 probs? what y talking about? 880 is one of the latest isnt it? i got rx800 ati (ancient something) and it still works great with _all_ settings on "low"

Well thankfully Grass + foilage dont lag me too much so hopefully once its downloaded it will be all good! biggrin_o.gif

Yep, only played MP so far and its great!

The FPS didn't seem to increase much, but its just so much smoother!

Gfx are clearing, no lag as you spin fast. Everthing is clear. VD is good.

For me everything is on Very High except Blood and AntiA on High and Terrain on Normal

Resolution is 1280x1024x32,  VD is 2.5km,  refresh is 60Hz

Euro 505 DVD (bought Australia)

8800 GTS 640MB, 6420 Duo, 2GB Ram, 2x SATA drives, Windows XP Pro 32bit fully patched, nVidia driver 6.14.11.5819 (158.19), No Mods, No Addons, No Overclocking, all patches installed to date.

My shortcut is; C:\Games\ArmA\arma.exe -world=empty -nosplash

Its early but I'm gunna say now;

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:DarkRed'>..................... Great work BIS !</span></span>

Love ya's !

8800 probs? what y talking about? 880 is one of the latest isnt it? i got rx800 ati (ancient something) and it still works great with _all_ settings on "low"

There are still some driver related problems with the 8800 series.

Nothing special, this cards are brand new DX10 hardware. wink_o.gif

Yeah, I looked at foilage and FPS went down on my 8800 but now its all GOOD

\o/ YAY

I have an ATI1950 XT 512 prior to the patch my settings were on low and res was adjusted down to enable more fps, after the patch however i can now up my res and settings to allow a smoother lag free performance, nice work BIS , worth the wait imo. biggrin_o.gif

I'm pretty impressed by this patch. FPS are a little higher, but much more stable. I can also use slightly higher settings than before without much of an FPS drop. Shadows used to halve my FPS, now only cost a few.

I have noticed zooming with optics really lowers FPS again, including an occasional ~0.5 second freeze.

I too have noticed an amazing preformance boost with everything maxed out, which I could of course not have with the earlier version.

Although, I have kept the post effect on low since I do not have any idea what that suppose to do anyway?

Anyway, for me and my years of gaming this sort of game this is one of the most successful patches I have downloaded so far.

My specs if someone would like to know are:

1600x1200x32 @ 70Hz CRT

Intel Q6600 stock speed

Board: EVGA 122-CK-NF68 2

2x 1024 Corsair Dominator sticks

2x evga 8800GTX in SLI

Dengan PSU 1.1kW

Game setting all max, except the post processing which is on low. And view distance is set to ~3500.

Win XP Pro SP2.

Onboard sound, Realtek HD Audio something.

All this combined gives me from 39fps to the 60's depending on area.

Since I am at it, could someome tell if the modded sound files still work with v. 1.08? I never had 1.07 installed since it did not work and therefore never tried the sound mods either, but saw on youtube.com and it sounds damn nice.

what about the milkfog with 88xx series, still the same ? and did they improved the anims, sounds and ballistics ?

I have an AMD643000+, 6600GT, and 1gig of RAM, and I get worse performance.

I made saved a mission in 1.05 consisting of my character looking off a cliff, and I would get 17 fps. Now I get 14. It seems that the plants are even more taxing now.  sad_o.gif  Forest that were playable in 1.05 now show slowdown.

I tried playing multiplayer and kept on getting the lod glitch, however, I can't really remember if it was this bad before the patch.

I like the new features though, but there are some other problems. For one, the sunset is blue now. Bright blue. I also got the muntant person glitch for the first time within an hour of testing the patch. I might post pictures of both in the photo topic if I have time.

Overall, I like some of the new features. I will be reformatting my computer in a week or two, and I have decided that I'd go ahead and redownload this patch.

Oh yea, why do bullet holes only show up when shaders is turned to normal? I've always kept it on low, so that may be part of the the cause of my multiplayer lod glitches.

k. driver problems.

I wonder why the whole world is complaining about an ati driver bug - i got a ati card and I never had a single problem huh.gif

d/l torrent now after 4 trys to get it from a http server (t-com isp fucked up my dsl again... breaks apart every minute)

--edit---

big moth******. this is insane. i got awesome 350 K's a second with that.

amazing! i suggest you go for the torrent!

---edit---

...not until i finished d/l off cos...

Intel Duo 6300 @ 3 MHz

Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 Mb

2 Gig ram

what res what res what res???

I have similiar specs, cant wait to go home and test.

Intel Duo 6300 @ 3 MHz

Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 Mb

2 Gig ram

what res what res what res???

I have similiar specs, cant wait to go home and test.

1280 x 1024 Res, I usually avoid 1600 and the performance hit it usually incurs.

k. driver problems.

I wonder why the whole world is complaining about an ati driver bug - i got a ati card and I never had a single problem  huh.gif

d/l torrent now after 4 trys to get it from a http server (t-com isp fucked up my dsl again... breaks apart every minute)

--edit---

big moth******. this is insane. i got awesome 350 K's a second with that.

amazing! i suggest you go for the torrent!

---edit---

...not until i finished d/l off cos...

ever tried PE?

thats what happened when ATI driver have handling leaks

I must say, I am definitely impressed with this patch. I went from all settings at normal (tex. detail @ high) to everything at high or very high @ 1920x1200 resolution and the view distance set to 5000. No more LOD issues and it only takes a fps hit when in the densest of forests, and even then it's not unplayable... just noticable.

1.08 dramatically increases the performance on my 8800GTX.

Current Specs:

E6700

2Gb RAM

eVGA 8800GTX 768Mb

eVGA 680I Mobo

ever tried PE?

thats what happened when ATI driver have handling leaks

I dont understand what exactly you want to tell me.