Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

Sigh.....

Applied patch ok to a 1.05 (fresh install) which was working and the DVD spins up then stops and nothing happens.

From what I have read elsewhere it may be secureROMS fault but why would BIS release software that would not work with secureROM? This is basic testing.

And before Chris gets on his high horse again I can efficiently test the software I deliver and the same goes for game developers. Each is efficient at testing their own area, supposedly.

MATRA, I have almost the same system.

Try to use “Texture Quality†= High and add –maxmem=512 to arma shortcut. Do not use “Defaultâ€. It will crash the game (even with –maxmem=512).

Make sure you have “localVRAM=768081920 (if you have 8800 GTX with 768 megs of memory)â€

Work for me so far. I have CTD every 5 min when I use Texture Quality “Defaultâ€

Vista 32 (nvidia 158.45, btw there is a new drivers come up just today WHQL 160.04)

I have my 108 running...yes believe it or not. I do not have any "emulation software that tampers registry keys" on my system...even tho SecuRom said that is what was causing the problem. I had done a fresh install last nite (for the 3rd time) and had left the game at 105.1356. Tonite after dinner...and a good brisk walk with the dog, I sat down to slay this dragon. I opened up regedit and went to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices key and turfed all the \??\Volume keys out of the registry. I left all my lettered drive keys in there as there were no duplications...and I did NOT want to screw with Windows when I was done. I then installed the latest Windows patchs...today was patch day don't you know... wink_o.gif and rebooted my system. I checked out the registry to see what happened on the reboot...there were a bunch of \??\Voulme keys in there again....but I just left them alone. I installed the 108 patch...again with NO errors (4th time now) and once that was done I added the -nosplash to the desktop link and with a trembling hand I double clicked the ArmA icon.......the hourglass spun......the little cd appeared.....then the boxes with the ticks appeared...and by the GODS...it started. What a bunch of cow dung...I still have no idea just WHY I had to jump thru those frikken hoops...and it looks like we may never really know why either...unless someone finds their cajones and actually fesses up to what real deal is. Good luck to all of you that cannot get the game to run....cuz I do not think there will be much help coming down the pipe... whistle.gif.

8800GTS 640mb.

800007000e whatever CTD keeps happening sad_o.gif

Sometimes, I get heavy graphic artifacts and the game crashes.

For 8800 users I had same problem CTD and I set texture to default and it hasnt happend since except when I alt tabbed like 4 times in a row...

I've gotten this error once so far and I also have a 8800gtx, but like he just said after alt tabbing, I alt tabbed like probably 4 times in a row also and got the error. I have my textures on default. Someone else I know with a 8800gtx has gotten this error too.

I've had this error a couple times, both on Normal & High tex setting. High seems to be the more stable of those two, which seems a bit puzzling... smile_o.gif

320mb 8800 GTS

you guys tried to use BETA driver 165.01? this driver works very well for me

(and what is the latest beta driver?)

I have the 8800gts 320mb version and vista, and nothing is wrong with mine. I use the 160.02 beta drivers.

"I cant install the patch at all. Getting messages like this:

Error found in file AddOns\air.pbo (fe592cae!=a633578f)

I have no idea what it means. playing (not really) EU 1.05. "

I quote myself back from page 10. Has anyone any idea on why i get this messages? i dont have anything but the official eu1.05 installed. I`m about to throw this game out for good soon if things dont get better.

uninstall and delete arma folder and try again.

Set textures to normal, default and high can cause crashes.

some report high crash the game, some report default crash, and some report normal, dunno how many have all of them crashing

Since 1.07b I've been getting these annoying lock up's at loading screen, any1 else got em??? only reboot helps banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Since 1.07b I've been getting these annoying lock up's at loading screen, any1 else got em??? only reboot helps banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Run through ALL ur firewall programs and make sure that the updated ArmA.exe signature is allowed in them, with full internet access. Though this usually starts creating problems after clicking on the MP icon, it might help you.

from a fresh install ive updated from euro version 1.4 to 1.5 then to 1.8. When I launch the game I get this message:

ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

you can click more info on the message to shown the details:

AppName: arma.exe AppVer: 1.8.0.5163 ModName: winmm.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0000c9db

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\60c4_appcompat.txt

ive used search but can't find anyone else with the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Ive tried every setting / config setting AND hardware setting and i still crash lol. So im sticking to the editor for the mean time even know i can test the missions without crashing at leaste ill get something done tounge2.gif

Installed patch succesfully, then started Arma and.... nothing but black until menu screen (Menu screenshot below).

arma 2007-06-13 00-26-25-00.png

I uninstalled Arma twice. Downloaded patch from different mirror and no change. Splash's not showing at all and menu screen is still deformed.

Any ideas?

*EDIT*

System specs added

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Card name: RADEON X550  

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6698 (English)

Is those enough?

hum first time to hear, are you sure that your Display setting didnt change?

oh we need your spec and setting as well

Ok thats it now im out of options, reinstalled the game twice, so im out of Starf**k keys (just mailed for more) sad_o.gif, the problem its about the same, CTD and Error code 8007000e after 5 to 10m of playing.

System:

C2D E6600@3700

8800GTX (several drivers tested)

4Gb (2x2Gb) Corsair mem

X-FI

RAID 0

ULTIMATE X64 VISTA

Maybe a vista problem, donno though.  confused_o.gif

I hope we get some official word on a hotfix or some kind of solution.

For people who have ATI cards and get this error, try older drivers. Using Latest and before last drivers I get this memory error within 30min everytime.

Having now Rolled back to version 8.33.0.0 of version date 20/12/06 ATI drivers (sorry Ive no idea what Catalyst version this is, all Im going off is in my Device Manager on Windows Vista) I no longer get crashes and can run at 6k Viewdistance all day with no maxmem being used at all in the shortcut.

Hello!

I bought the game 2 weeks ago and I was very saticfied to it even though it lagged quite a bit for me with versions 1.04 and 1.05.

Now when I installed 1.08 everything runs smooth and almost lag free. notworthy.gif

But.. Everytime I start playing, and after about 3 to 5 minutes of gaming the game crashes and gives either this "CreateIndexBuffer failed (8876017c)" message or then a window pops up that says ArmA has detected an error and the product must be closed (the window throught what I can report errors to Microsoft..), no idea what causes this. Both of the errors happen without any warning.

What should I do?

System specs following:

Mainboard : Unspecified P4M266-PM12-TL

Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2666 MHz

Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )

Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon X800 Pro/GTO (clocked with ATITool from 475/450 to 532/483; latest drivers installed, yes also the ATI hotfix..)

Hard Disk : ST3250620A (250 GB)

Hard Disk : WDC (160 GB) <-- The disc that ArmA is installed on

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

Ps. Soz if this has been asked before, I didn't find anything relative to it (except the CreateIndexBuffer failed) with search tool.

Pps. Should I search for errors in the log files? Where are these log files?

EDIT: I usually play with settings set to default or low/very low..

I am having an issue with exporting and saving the mission in the (SP)editor. I have not tried the MP one. Anything outside the editor does not export. IE scripts etc. So if I change a script and export it to MPmissions it copies the file if it was already there.

To be more clear if you export a mission to MP then change a script and export it again, it copies the pbo that was already in the MPmissions folder, so you get 2 of the same pbos and not the one you just changed.

I launched the 1.07 beta to make sure my game wasnt whacked and it works fine.

Im also having save issue (saving a mission as a user file) But I cant put my finger on exactly what it is yet. I just know somethings not right.

@C0ntrol

There is an error file stored in the ArmA directory (don't remember the name), i think it is a great idea to send it to BIS.

Also you can try add -maxmem 512 to the shortcut you are using (right click - properties and add that after the target of the shortcut c:\arma\arma.exe -maxmem 512)

@C0ntrol

There is an error file stored in the ArmA directory (don't remember the name), i think it is a great idea to send it to BIS.

Well, I couldn't find the errorlog at all. Do you have any picture in your mind where it could be?

Also you can try add -maxmem 512 to the shortcut you are using (right click - properties and add that after the target of the shortcut c:\arma\arma.exe -maxmem 512)

And for the -maxmen, no effect. Also tried with 256, 768 and 1024. The same CreateIndexBuffer Failed message appeared every time or then the game just crashed the other way I described..

@C0ntrol

Well, I couldn't find the errorlog at all. Do you have any picture in your mind where it could be?

And for the -maxmen, no effect. Also tried with 256, 768 and 1024. The same CreateIndexBuffer Failed message appeared every time or then the game just crashed the other way I described..

All i remember, it's that the file as an uncommon extension.

I will try search quickly.