Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

game crash + reboot after some minute of play, no error message ,just crash and reboot

us version

intel 3.4ghz

x1950pro

2gig ram

works great but i only played around in mission editor for 20 mins but one thing i noticed that bullet marks or holes doesn´t show up on walls when i fire m136 launcher tounge2.gif but other than that so far im happy biggrin_o.gif also noted that m16 bullets didnt show up on civie car green on the side doors when i shot at the doors but on the hood of the car it worked nicely. smile_o.gif

Here is the english DirectX 9 version of June 2007 (you can also change the language)

Oh and i forgot to say it again, it's for Xp & Vista.

I Still have to use -maxmem=512 or I get crashes.  Other than that, It seems to work.

Vista 64

OCZ GTX 8800 768

Core 2 Duo E6700@3200

3 GB of OCZ Titanium RAM

P5N32E-SLI Plus board

Ver 158.45 drivers.

Seems to be running fine on mine... 505 DVD, 1.05 updated to 1.08.

Had problem initially cos I used a backup with a hacked ca.pbo, gave the

error xdelta3 returned error code

error on that pbo.

Solution was to put the non-hacked one back in and install then went smoothly.

So: to anyone getting the xdelta error, make sure you are running a full non-hacked and clean installation of ArmA 1.05 before applying the 1.08 patch. You would have got a pbo warning which you had skipped first before you got that error that terminated your install.

Probably DON'T need to re-download your patch, but a clean reinstall would help you.

Don't forget to backup your player ID if you are in a clan and / or use custom squad.xml!

btw i get a bug in the armory when i try to view Flares and then i click scene and it looks like its going to load something but stops and arma stops answering.. tounge2.gif

At first i thought that this was a good patch, but i was wrong =(

This was supposed to be an AH1:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7773/arma2007061115431286ah5.jpg

This was supposed to be a Striker:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3299/arma2007061118544784gy1.jpg

I never had this bug before.

And as you can see the performace is far from good =(

Those are exactly that type of errors i had, until i changed the texture detail.

Try that, it could help.

8007000e again, even -maxmem+512 did't working anymore.... i'm give-up :-(

I Still have to use -maxmem=512 or I get crashes. Other than that, It seems to work

Vista 64

OCZ GTX 8800 768

Core 2 Duo E6700@3200

3 GB of OCZ Titanium RAM

P5N32E-SLI Plus board

Ver 158.45 drivers.

I have about the same system as urs... only with 4Gb of ram... 5m CTD.. or the famous 8007000e. sad_o.gif

Those are exactly that type of errors i had, until i changed the texture detail.

Try that, it could help.

I changed the texture.

The first pic it's normal, since my 6800 only has 128MB, i have a lot of problems when playing with textures in normal.

I usualy play with textures set to low.

The second one the texture it's set to low.

And as i said i never had this problem before. And i always played with textures set to low.

I get this error alot as well

Longest free VM region: 2846720

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x2048 (size 5636096 B)

Error code 8007000e

C2D e6600

8800gtx

800mhz 1gig x 2 ram

try lowering your graphics maybe (yeah i know amazing to do that with GF8 GTX.. but well cost nothing to give it a try)

edit : and you can also try to update directx 9 to last version

I can confirm I've had it bomb out after about 15mins on single player, blood, sweat and tears mission.

One thing I did notice, my keys were acting up, had to go in, hit defaults and set them up again.

Worth trying that if you, as I did, keep rolling to the left when you go prone!!!

For a second I thought that second image was some cool new dynamics engine for blowing up buildings!!!

LOL!

smile_o.gif

I'm getting alot of error messges when installing the patch. Does the Eurpeon patch associated with the UK version? I have the UK version. Well, I'm on my way to reinstall ArmA.

As mentioned many times previously in this thread, my game refuses to run. The hourglass icon becomes visible for three to five seconds and then disappears. The disk drive is called but no check-box series appears nor does a spinning disk icon. I've updated to the newest nVidia video card drivers, directX, and also replaced my openAL as told. No change in behavior or outcome. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

- dRb

EDIT: Specifications

c2d E6600 @ 2.4 ghz (default)

2gb 3200 DDR2 RAM

nVidia 7900GTX /w 512mb RAM

Windows XP SP2 /w all latest updates

I'm getting alot of error messges when installing the patch. Does the Eurpeon patch associated with the UK version? I have the UK version. Well, I'm on my way to reinstall ArmA.

Yes, you are part of the Europe, no ? tounge2.gif

Since 1.05 all europe version are unified.

As mentioned many times previously in this thread, my game refuses to run. The hourglass icon becomes visible for three to five seconds and then disappears. The disk drive is called but no check-box series appears nor does a spinning disk icon. I've updated to the newest nVidia video card drivers, directX, and also replaced my openAL as told. No change in behavior or outcome. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

- dRb

Have you try contact securom with the analysis file attach ?

@ DrBobcat

Did the patch displayed the correct Version of Arma when running?

wow, a double post........deleted

Well I got it to work, BUT:

Soldier is displayed without his rifle, and shoots from chest.

The Javelin 's HUD is still not present when using it.

Only teh HUD for tanks is available and nothing showing the inside of the cockpit, even when you are assigned driver, you are looking outside the cockpit. band.gif

I've noticed something strange ingame with the silenced rifle (M4QSD2 ?) the gun don't aim on the red dot of the aimpoint ironsight, it always hit over that dot (not when you are close to a wall for sure).

Am i alone to have that new strange thing ??

- dRb

Have you try contact securom with the analysis file attach ?

I have not done that yet, but I will now.

Quote[/b] ]@ DrBobcat

Did the patch displayed the correct Version of Arma when running?

My game does not even get to the splash screen, let alone past it. How would I be able to see what version the game sees itself as, eh? That aside, the patcher does say that it applied the patch without any errors. I completely uninstalled the game, ran a few different registry cleaners, reinstalled, and the same problem occurred.

- dRb

i have my 320MB 8800 up and running, happily, and i didnt have any CTD after some hours of MP coop, so the patch fixes my crash problem, i also didnt encounter broken GFX from close distance, but ppl having problem to get the game start, so there is notthing i could help huh.gif