Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

I have tried the windows built in zip program and also winrar, both say that the files are corrupt

Any of you guys who are getting corrupt downloads, or just plain slow try

Here

Works great for me, and got a steady rate of 100Kbs when compared with 30kbs off the others ... Cheers! smile_o.gif

Lots of info about corrupted files(download) and further reasons

why the patching process might fail.

Same infos therein apply to 1.08 as well. Check carefully.

--

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....l=troop

-

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=60871

-

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....31;st=0

-

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58954

---

-corrupt download (use Download Manager)

-overclocked/too sharp RAM settings (decelerate for patching)

-overheating (its summer) wink_o.gif

-Path to TEMP folder contains spaces; patcher might not find gamepath

-Bios-/chipsetdriver issues

Guys, when posting these horribly long arma error logs, please consider using pastebin.ca (pastebin.co.uk pastebin.com etc) and just copy/paste the pastebin link in here instead of the whole log, more pleasantly reading and not such a waste of Forum biggrin_o.gif

Yea well since I've been busy trying to solve this problem for the past 10 hours due to my lack of finding anything better to do until I go to work, I decided to make a comical little image depicting my feelings throughout the day.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8163/diesecuromwv1.jpg

Anyways back on topic, so far today, I have done the following to try to get my ArmA 1.08 to simply launch.

-Uninstall ArmA, apply International 1.08

-Uninstall ArmA, apply US 1.08

-Download updated Microsoft hotfix that SecuRom said would fix the problem

-Uninstall half of my Microsft hotfix's to see if they were conflicting with anything

-Play around in the Registry

None of it to any avail. Has any lucky bastard with this problem managed to overcome it yet? Pardon the language but I am just a tad bit frustrated at this point.

Anyone using the nvidia 7 series, download latest drivers from nvidia site,

(ForceWare Release 90

Version: 94.24

Release Date: May 31, 2007)

Place in armas shortcut target (right click scroll down to properties) "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=512

Turn textures detail in arma options to default.

I did recieve the crazy artifacts on screen since installing patch 1.08 and also kept recieving chrash to desktops. 2 more of my team members did too and they too did not have problems till 1.08 Its a lil more stable since i have done the things ive stated here but am not impressed with a patch that made my working copy into something that seems to have some major chrashes if i were to leave it as a standard install. Hopefully a hotfix or another patch will be released soon.

Sytem specs...

Amd Athlon 64 x2 Dual core 5200

3 gig of Corsair DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX

Windows xp

Gainward geforce 7600gs with 256 ram (Forceware Version: 94.24)

Asus CROSSHAIR nForce 590 SLi (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

700w PSU

Loads of fans which are keeping it under 40'c

Directx 9c

Yea well since I've been busy trying to solve this problem for the past 10 hours due to my lack of finding anything better to do until I go to work, I decided to make a comical little image depicting my feelings throughout the day.

Anyways back on topic, so far today, I have done the following to try to get my ArmA 1.08 to simply launch.

-Uninstall half of my Microsft hotfix's to see if they were conflicting with anything

None of it to any avail. Has any lucky bastard with this problem managed to overcome it yet? Pardon the language but I am just a tad bit frustrated at this point.

imustkill I love that pic!! Maybe we need to erect a billboard across the street from SecuROM and BIS so they can see it without denying it! smile_o.gif Yeah.. I'm bought the game and I've always had mixed feelings but this patch put me over the edge. This game has had moments of pure bliss interrupted by more moments of total letdown.

I just now found an ArmA folder in My Documents.. I'll try deleting that. *SHRUG*

Maybe you can tell SecuRom the problem don't solve with the microsoft fix.

What have you done ? Right click on shortcut, then "launch analysis" ?

I don't know why BIS put that dvd protection on their game. Still some dev who don't use them (aaaaah Relic ! biggrin_o.gif)

I told SecuRom the problem wasn't solved about 4-5 hours ago I'd say. I sent them the Launch Analysis in the first E-Mail I sent to them.

I'm just about all out of ideas except for reformatting my hard drive /reinstalling Windows and all of that. But I really am reluctant to do that unless I am sure that it will work afterwards. This issue has not given me any error messages, the problem is simply that nothing, nada, zilch happens after 1.08 is installed and you try to start the game.

No joy as yet - I have had a response from Securom Support however, after creating and forwarding a 'Launch Analysis' to them.

Please see below:-

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. We have consulted our programers about your

case. We will come back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and hope to have a resolution soon.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com

or via e-mail: support@securom.com

*** Please include the subject line exactly as written above including your

ticket number in all communications to ensure proper handling ***

What will come of it, I'll post the result ^^ goodnight.gif

Not sure if people are aware of how to create the 'Launch Analysis' file. If you do already, apologies as am posting for those who don't.

Right-Click your desktop shortcut or Arma.exe.

Click 'Launch Analysis'

Press accept and after 30 - 40 secs, a file named 'AnalysisLog.sr0' will be placed into your C: dir.

Rar or zip that up an send it over to the above address' with a description as to what the problem is.

Spec :-

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ DualCore Processor,

Asus M2N-SLIDeluxe MotherBoard,

Sparkle Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT

Microsoft Direct X 9.0C

i got that one after 5 minutes of play.

011605eb2a5a0217dd1ecec008f8.jpg

I was getting a lot of CTDs especially that message after installing 1.08.

I found that to get stability out of the game, drop your settings as low as they will go, play for a bit, and then step by step increase the settings until they become unstable.

I download the patch...

I install the patch...

I try to run the game...

This shit pops up:

motherfuckersm7.jpg

The name of the picture pretty much sums up my responce.

Hoping to get some immediate help, I try the link to the SecuROM page:

[im]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5862/sonofabitchks5.jpg[/img]

Well, needless to say this really brightened up my day, and I know I broke the picture rules and I don't really care.

Here I see I'm not the only one with this retarded problem. All a guy asks is to unwind at the end of the day with his favourite game... then he can't. So this dampened my love for anything related to this game. Good night.

@ All this time

If you get texture errors with default texture settings, change the setting to "very high" (works for me), or test another setting.

I use an 7600GS 512MB AGP Card.

ok i got my version from sprocket and its 1.05 when i downloaded it , and i cannot install the patch heres the error the installer gives me-

"File Missions\library.sara.pbo is missing"

and wont let me install any further

i have tried reinstalling the game but still nothing

anyone have this problem?

Well After installing the patch the game runs very poorly and crashes. Sounds starts dropping out (hardware accelleration is disabled) and the a freeze followed by a CTD. Frame rates about half of that I got on my min spec rig with the 1.07 beta.

Wondering if I got a corrupt download since, although the install process reported success and the correct ver number shows up in the main menu screen, the INSTALL process took over two hours to complete.

Is it normal for the installer to take that long?

@ All this time

If you get texture errors with default texture settings, change the setting to "very high" (works for me), or test another setting.

I use an 7600GS 512MB AGP Card.

I think "default" texture is a new option for GeForce 8 with more than 512 VRAM. (that is what i understand)

I download the patch...

I install the patch...

I try to run the game...

This shit pops up:

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/8240/motherfuckersm7.jpg

The name of the picture pretty much sums up my responce.

Hoping to get some immediate help, I try the link to the SecuROM page:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5862/sonofabitchks5.jpg

Well, needless to say this really brightened up my day, and I know I broke the picture rules and I don't really care.

Here I see I'm not the only one with this retarded problem. All a guy asks is to unwind at the end of the day with his favourite game... then he can't. So this dampened my love for anything related to this game. Good night.

For securom problem.

Right on the ArmA ShortCut, then select "Launch Analysis"

It will take some mins and drop file (on the desktop i think) don't remember the name but you should find it easily

Go to www.securom.com then to support section. Mail them with the file attach.

Wait for them to mail you again (there is an auto mail generated after your request, wait for the real answer ! wink_o.gif )

Edit for the image in the quote (also you should better use the url link for large image)

I too get the same errors

What appears to be happening is that the gfx memory is being reduced by malloc type calls , but the "programmer" ( term used loosley) is not calling free to reallocate the memory back into the heap.

When you go thru the rpt file the memory usage is always going up never down ........ eventually you get to this point

Region: 7FFDF000,4 KB,Free

Region: 7FFE0000,4 KB,Comm

Longest free VM region: 1507328

ErrorMessage: Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x1024 (size 2818048 B)

Error code 8007000e

As this error only seems to happen with arma , one can conclude that the blameometer would be swinging in the general direction of Bis.

I hope I don't really have to care then as well? +1WL for the pic and 24h PR to give you some time to think about caring for the rules.

For those who have problems with DXT5 or DXT something, you can also try to update directx components.

DXT is a compression format include in the DirectX API. Maybe an updated version of DirectX 9.0C could solve this problem. (the last version of DirectX 9 is the June one)

I don't know where you can find the english version, the french version is available here http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche10906-directx.html

The June version will also work on Windows Vista.

I think "default" texture is a new option for GeForce 8 with more than 512 VRAM. (that is what i understand)

Sure, that does not mean it will not work for "older" cards with not more than 512MB VRAM.

I wonder that this time someone read my post.

This days no one read another page in an topic, than that on top. huh.gif

Sure, that does not mean it will not work for "older" cards with not more than 512MB VRAM.

I wonder that this time someone read my post.

This days no one read another page in an topic, than that on top. huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]* New texture detail "Default" that autodetects the amount of VRAM. Recommended Texture Detail setting for users of cards with more than 512 VRAM.

Well they recommand it for more than 512 VRAM, maybe it is bugged for less than 512 ? rofl.gif