Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

I'm happy with the patch, 1.08 fixed a lot of things and gave me a good improovement in gameplay. There is just one thing that in my case is worse which are the shadows. If I use them in Low/Normal I have an incredable drop in fps and the game seems to stuck for a second ot two every now and than specially when I'm near trees.

If use High/Very High than it gets a litlle better but I still have a drop of 20 fps (again specially near trees).

However if I don't use shadows than I can put almost everything to Very High and keep the good 60 fps.

So shadows at least to me seem to be a lot more demanding.

Afew bits.

-Game Choppier then 1.05

-AI walk with guns on back

-Machine gun fires through building

-BMP travelling through buildings.

Im rolling back to 1.05 for now,

That is all smile_o.gif

I have had some AI get stuck in weired places, both enemy and friendly. They have gotten stuck inside non-enterable buildings and underground (not under the games terrain, but those raised concrete sections in some cities such as Ortego, not sure what to call them). Most noticeable when it happens to the men under my command, as I can see where they are stuck when I select them and they refuse to move.

Anyone else notice this? Seems to have started in 1.07beta but worse in 1.08.

Also getting an occasional CTD, sometimes with those Windows "This application has been forced to close"(or something like that) messages. Once I just had my PC crash , it stopped sending the signal to the monitor and I had to reset it. I don't remember 1.05 crashing like this.

This has been all in single player by the way, still waiting for the local server to patch up before I play online.

The 1.08 Patch is making the game much more enjoyable/smoother for my system though. smile_o.gif

Are Creative sound cards supported with this patch does it fix the sound cutting out with too many units fireing?

I'm quite pleased with the patch. I have the UK version, and hadn't tried out the recent BETA releases due to being on dial-up. The 1.08 patch took me a total of 35 hours to download with a d/l manager!

On my mid-range system, 1.08 runs smoother (with increased draw distance), and loads faster as well. The improved menus are great. I haven't noticed any game-play issues or had any crashes. The Armory is a nice addition, and the A10 is splendid! The flight models also seem improved, and I am happy with them now.

It seems like a lot of people still haven't tried lowering the "floating zone" setting for tighter control/movement.

I personally think the game was good at 1.04, very good at 1.05, and now great at 1.08. And I can't think of any other developers that would be this dedicated to correct issues. Thanks BIS.

Found a solution to my constant lag prob, switched off all shadows now i can play even with gras activated.

Seems the shadows do more performance wise than i expected... looks bit shitty without any shadows but at least i have a playable framerate now.

I patched my game with the new 1.08, and the movement to aim the gun is heavy, its like there is slight delay to it which in 1.07 there was none. and any mission i make or play the soldiers have now weapons, except the mgs, everyone else has handguns, and grenades.

They have there guns but they dont show, everything else in the game seems good, i still like ofp better than this, more versatility, you try to make a better game, and all they give you isd great graphics, the should have left the movement , and aiming alone, quit fixing what dont need to be fixed!

I patched my game with the new 1.08, and the movement to aim the gun is heavy, its like there is slight delay to it which in 1.07 there was none. and any mission i make or play the soldiers have now weapons, except the mgs, everyone else has handguns, and grenades.

They have there guns but they dont show, everything else in the game seems good, i still like ofp better than this, more versatility, you try to make a better game, and all they give you isd great graphics, the should have left the movement , and aiming alone, quit fixing what dont need to be fixed!

The weapons not showing issue has been answered so many times, you could have found an answer by using the search function. Remove your addons and get updated versions that are fixed to work with 1.07/1.08.

I patched my game with the new 1.08, and the movement to aim the gun is heavy, its like there is slight delay to it which in 1.07 there was none.

If you have an NVIDIA card, try lowering the "max frames to render ahead" setting in your video control panel. That can make a significant difference, as far as mouse input lag.

Also, try lowering the "floating zone" setting in ArmA, under controls.

I patched my game with the new  1.08, and the movement to aim the gun is heavy, its like there is slight delay to it which in 1.07 there was none.

If you have an NVIDIA card, try lowering the "max frames to render ahead" setting in your video control panel. That can make a significant difference, as far as mouse input lag.

Also, try lowering the "floating zone" setting in ArmA, under controls.

Hmm, gonna try that.

no, i have no lag in terms of the grapics, or the card, i have no lag in game at all, its the way the gun moves, its to slow, you cant just aim at a guy, theres to much adjusting you have to do to shoot the guy.

In version 1.07 which the mouse movement to aim was like OFP, quick, and sharp there was no delay. the delay is set in the cofig, for a certain amout of mouse movement lag to simulate that your weapons has weight, which I coulfd really care less, I'd rather not have that option on but I don't know how or what to look for in the config to change it, anyone got ideas?

The weapons not showing issue has been answered so many times, you could have found an answer by using the search function. Remove your addons and get updated versions that are fixed to work with 1.07/1.08.

I didn't know I never looked because I never come into these forums, but thanks for the update, I'll do that.

no, i have no lag in terms of the grapics, or the card, i have no lag in game at all, its the way the gun moves, its to slow, you cant just aim at a guy, theres to much adjusting you have to do to shoot the guy.

In version 1.07 which the mouse movement to aim was like OFP, quick, and sharp there was no delay. the delay is set in the cofig, for a certain amout of mouse movement lag to simulate that your weapons has weight, which I coulfd really care less, I'd rather not have that option on but I don't know how or what to look for in the config to change it, anyone got ideas?

AFAIK the only thing in the config about weapon heavyness would be the max turn speed (forgot what its actually called).

mouse input---delay--->weapon moves on screen

is usually caused by 'render frames ahead' (or 'flip queue size' in case of an Ati card).

Well i note the hold fire command still didn't work.

If you order a unit to hold fire and a enemy group is in near they will start shooting.

AI still sometimes keep's staying in forests and buildings.

They will not follow the group only think they do is: WHERE ARE YOU! icon_rolleyes.gif

AI generally need to be more improved most times if you attack a enemy they stand and look for 3 - 4 sec. till they do something for cover or shooting back in in this time most of the enemys are dead bevore they do something...

And here's another one: whistle.gif

arma2007061220553771kf5.jpg

But i also have to say this is one of the best patch's BIS has released so far. wink_o.gif

But there's still a lot to do....

The weapons missing in editor made missions after the patch affects standard rifles  their not addon weapons missing the fix  will be  to re add your  men into the editor a bit of a pain in the arse. All my battles I created have all the men missing standard riffles I'll have to make the lot again.

The weapons missing in editor made missions after the patch affects standard rifles their not addon weapons missing the fix will be to re add your men into the editor a bit of a pain in the arse. All my battles I created have all the men missing standard riffles I'll have to make the lot again.

It's definitely caused by addons, all my old editor made missions were fine after removing old addons. No need to place them again in editor.

So no more addons then Bi must think addons are a bad idea so patched them out for us.

Quote[/b] ]Well i note the hold fire command still didn't work.

If you order a unit to hold fire and a enemy group is in near they will start shooting.

Wasn't that explained somewhere that there are 2 commands to make them hold fire, while only 1 of them really keeps them not firing even when under fire?

Medic2 Error: Sounds like a cfgVoice Replacement that's setup wrong and misses the medic2 word. Search ur addons for addons that have changed cfgVoice and you will resolve ur issue.

So no more addons then Bi must think addons are a bad idea so patched them out for us.
Guys, maybe we should start setting up a damn wiki page for these kinds of problems... People are repeating and repeating and repeating, information gets halfly brought over... wrong conclussions are being made... etc etc!

Community Manager Anyone?

It's simple:

Some custom addons are setup wrong so when BIS made a few changes in the engine, these addons are NOT compatible anymore.

You will have to remove the addons that have these problems, get updated versions, leave them completely removed, or fix them yourself.

The moment somebody starts to setup such wiki pages, I dont mind giving more advanced information...

No need to throw your teddy around you guys need to liven up a bit and stop crying in every topic.

No need to throw your teddy around you guys need to liven up a bit and stop crying in every topic.
huh.gif Explain your hostile response? If it was to the "For Crying out loud part", removed it from the post as it did not have any personal reflection towards you... It was more meant for the 1000 times people are repeating about Rifle problematic addons, and the fact that info is lost or only half distributed... which concerns me...

He answered your stupid remark and this is how you reply? You're not going to get along well here if that's how you're gonna act.

Let's everyone get back to acting like civilised adults and keep the thread on topic, before we need to start hading our PMs or locking the thread.