Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

Quote[/b] ]How about asking for help in the 1.08 troubleshooting thread instead of posting pointless rants here?

Sorry, I thought THIS IS the troubleshooting thread.

I missed this.

No problem.

omg *bounces around the room sporatically, while giggling histerically* and ive got test coming up. gonna have to lock it up till the 30th

greetings from Jakarta Indonesia

thank you for the great patch, especially if you now that i have to spent 23hours for downloading the int patch

I have Euro DVD version (license), after patch 1.08 i can't start the game...Security module....bla bla bla

Bravo BIS !!!

greetings from Jakarta Indonesia

thank you for the great patch, especially if you now that i have to spent 23hours for downloading the int patch

Idea for the future: Use FlashGet and double from multiple mirrors at once... 5kb from 10 mirrors is also 50kb smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have Euro DVD version (license), after patch 1.08 i can't start the game...Security module....bla bla bla

Bravo BIS !!!

Bravo SymbIot, you have passed the not-being-able-to-read exam

will this scarerom madness ever come to an end? mad_o.gif

In general the patch 1.08 is ok, but flying a helicopter feels still like flying a toy helicopter.

Transverse gradient is way to fast without a big effect in turning the helicopter.

Also rudder should have a bigger effect, and the engine should be stronger.

If you fly a little turn it happends that your helicopter falls from the sky, this looks like the engine has no effect in this moment.

This new ArmA helicopter flightmodell needs be improved.

I had all kinds of problem with 1.08 so I downloaded again and reinstalled the whole game and the patch.

Took me 4 tries. The forth time i finally did not have any errors during patch installation. And the game runs now pretty well! Way better then 1.05.

So if you are having problems - reinstal, patch and repeat. i have no idea why 3 out of 4 downloads were corrupted in my case.

Sorry to all having issues, but I must say after playing the day of release (~6hrs, haven't been able to play since.. going thru withdrals crazy_o.gif ). All that seems necessary is enjoy and wait for tweaks, Mods & addons. Thanks BIS!

This bullet decoy addition works actually quite strangely.

if you are in normal shading, only about 5 decoys can be

drawn for each building.

This is quite strange actually, I tend to think this has

been done for perfomance but with this system a huge

amount of decoys can virtually be drawn at a time and no way

to leave permanent dammage on models !

Decoys are a nice addition anyway, thanks BIS for this

I only regret that you didn't use a little better texture for it (depending on unit class would rock of course biggrin_o.gif )

what are the modding capabilities for decoys ? any config reference ? model/texture path ?

This bullet decoy addition works actually quite strangely.

if you are in normal shading, only about 5 decoys can be

drawn for each building.

This is quite strange actually, I tend to think this has

been done for perfomance but with this system a huge

amount of decoys can virtually be drawn at a time and no way

to leave permanent dammage on models !

Decoys are a nice addition anyway, thanks BIS for this

I only regret that you didn't use a little better texture for it (depending on unit class would rock of course   biggrin_o.gif )

what are the modding capabilities for decoys ?  any config reference ?  model/texture path ?

i would prefer to use a "normal" bullet hole which you see on the ground

Still cant figure out how to get Ai to land at an airport..

I get as far as placing a waypoint abouta mile or 2 out from the runway and inserting the line of code (land at) but:

A) I dont know what numbers to use (Has anyone mapped this?) and

B) Whenever I ges at an ID, the Ai just goes crazy

seems that HDR is better now, and game is not annoying like it used to be smile_o.gif

rest - need tests

M4A1 ACOG M203 is burst instead of auto. Pretty big mess up.

Hmmm, I think I messed up. I live in the US, bought the game here, DLed the international version upgrade to 1.08 and installed. Is that bad? is it the same thing? Because I don't see any difference in performance like others here are saying.

what ya think...??

I get as far as placing a waypoint abouta  mile or 2 out from the runway and inserting the line of code (land at) but:

it seems that the AI would land at the closest airfield

@KDog35

i wondered whats your spec, but the change are not with a huge FPS boost, more like a lot less of shutter

I just bought a new computer. 2 dual e6600 w/2 gig ram and a ati vid card (forgot which one). honestly im not happy with the performance. I read here this game does not support the dual processors. I was hoping the patch would help this. sad_o.gif

I just bought a new computer. 2 dual e6600 w/2 gig ram and a ati vid card (forgot which one). honestly im not happy with the performance. I read here this game does not support the dual processors. I was hoping the patch would help this.  sad_o.gif

i still cant quite get what your actural performance are, normally FPS ranged between 30 to 40 depended on your location is not bad, a stable 50 to 60 is already very good(most setting on normal and go HD BTW, clearly you cant max out this game while hoping to game squeez out 100 FPS, the game world is too big for that)

I get as far as placing a waypoint abouta  mile or 2 out from the runway and inserting the line of code (land at) but:

Make the waypoint a GET OUT waypoint and where the heck is 1.07 that isn't beta for the EU version?

crazy_o.gif wth happened in the last two weeks haha

Quote[/b] ]

Airfield ID numbers are:

* 0 - Paraiso

* 1 - Rahmadi

* 2 - Pita

* 3 - Antigua

Planck

Overall performaces in 1.08 are better then earlier but not good enough.

As ohara stated and pointed, overdraw is still present, specialy with grass turned on and very close to bushes confused_o.gif .

Example how should ArmA run on any island with any size is Mapfact`s sara lite. thumbs-up.gif

Experienced a weird thing, installed the patch on my previous ArmA version that had all patches that were availeable, afterwards no lod probs were present only prob was the new soldier models werent added becuase i had a modified characters.pbo ( reskinned in vsr camo ).

I decided to do a complete reinstall and applied v.1.05 and then the 1.08 and since then i get the lod probs again partly worser than on my old install while the settings are unchanged or even lowered.

In a cutscene for example a soldier was holding a paper weapon for like 20 seconds before it switched, never had that before in such a scale.

---

Another thing, as mayn others i have pretty strong lag when i aim trough the scopes with gras activated ( even at low settings ).

My idea was to maybe add one more detail step where you not have the grass circle around you but instead just a few gras patches and a few rocks, that way it wouldnt looks as OFP like as when you set grass to lowest and should still save us performance... not to mention i can aim while laying finally.

Suggested this to Suma and he said they will throw it in the design idea pool for a possible next patch, hopefully they decide to do it.

Anyone else is liking this idea?

I have mixed feelings about this patch in the performance department. First time around in multi it was running great but now it was just lagging to hell every now and then when running etc. Also I have some LOD problems that I never had before in 1.05 so now I end up scoping on a tank and having to wait 2 seconds or so for it to load from its 30 polygon level. Never had that problem and now it sort of annoys me.