Sign in to follow this  
The_Nebula

Patch 1.08 - Released!

Aah, torrent is better. Shame that sites like Gamershell and Worthplaying don't see the advantage of torrent, I know Gamer.no has torrent as an option.

The only problem is people who don't seed! banghead.gif

Sexy Patchilichous!! yay.gifyay.gif

A-BooYaa! Thanks for all the hard work BIS!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifinlove.gif

What's a fair seeding % for torrents? I'm pretty new to them.

Patch 1.08 rocks! yay.gif

Improved graphics + incredibly improved performance in all areas, including big towns, forests and north Sahrani! Loving it! biggrin_o.gif

Strangely, the AI also seem to be a lot less stupid, or am I imagining things?

Only downside is that the "impacts drawn on vehicles" wasn't damage decals after all... just more dust and sparks. And the horrible damage "instant-rust" effect is still there crazy_o.gif .

Daniel @ June 11 2007,13:08)]What's a fair seeding % for torrents? I'm pretty new to them.

To keep the torrent-network healthy you need to upload at least as much as you download.

Good job! I love that helicopters control! But really "instant-rusty" is still here, hope before the next patch smile_o.gif

Question about the 1.08 patch.

For the US version, do we have to wait for the Atari 1.06-1.08 patch to come out, or can we use the links on the 1st page for the US/Canada version?(1.06-1.08)

I am patched up to 1.07 beta now. Also, can you just patch over the 1.07 with the new 1.08 patch?

Thanks

Great work BIS! Downloading as I type and looking forward to try it out...

/KC

You can't patch the beta.

Install your normal 1.06 U.S version and then run the 1.06 to 1.08 patch.

im going to wait a day or two, because everyone is like downloading them at the same time so.....its veeerrrrry slooooooow

is there no patch version that patches my German edition of the game (v1.00, believe) all the way to 1.08?

No, for European versions, you must patch to 1.05, then to 1.08. Sorry for any inconvience.

Server Files 1.08; Included server.cfg has wrong details listed:

Quote[/b] ]MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=768;

MaxSizeNonGuaranteed=256;

MinBandwidth=131072;

MaxBandwidth=204857600;

MinErrortosend=0.01;

MaxCustomFilesize=30000;

Are only allowed inside ArmA.cfg inside My Documents\ArmA or in the folder where -profiles is set. NOT the server.cfg file.
Quote[/b] ]im going to wait a day or two, because everyone is like downloading them at the same time so.....its veeerrrrry slooooooow
That's a true waste of time. 1. There's a zillion mirrors. 2. There will be more mirros gradually. 3. More and more peeps have got it in, so just retry smile_o.gif

gotta love ofp2.info downloading at light-speed... okay if you want just wait till i'm DONE!

was just checking for fun if there might be a sign of the patch and there it was! really earlier then expected but by this rate every mirror is up before most players come home notworthy.gif

and I have yet to test it but I'm sure I don't need to edit this post once more: BIS, you guys rock! biggrin_o.gif

must say I find seing the tpb linked a bit ironic, but anyway, yay.. let the downloading begin..