Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

SAS - Special Air Service Pack

Good evening...

Here is a little new project of us. The SAS-Forces in ArmA. There is not much to say but here are some features. The SAS-Units we will make, will wear the desert camo. We will try to add the original weapons of the actually time. We wont create any missions. Only the units and their respective weapons. As far as we are informed, following weapons are used very often:

M16A2 & M203

M16A2

FN Mag (alias M240)

MP5SD6

MP5A5

L96A1

P226

If I forgot a weapon please tell me... Or if a said something wrong correct me! wink_o.gif Here are some little preview screenshots:

sas1uz3.jpg

sas2yg2.jpg

sas3or3.jpg

If something isn't correct on the uniform plz tell me...

ahem just as note..

special forces dont wear any patches or whatever that could identify them as such.

or wear beretts in combat situations... (and their berett color is sand-tan.. not red wink_o.gif )

also i havent seen a single picture where sas use vests.

they rank mobility prior to protection..

maybe use some of the soviet/russian base model..

that doesnt have a vest but that simple green harness.

you could much more with that..

also they paint alot of their field gear with crude splotches to match their BDU as sometimes they still have woodland dpm that might stick out too much in the desert..

other from that theres 1 or 2 other sas mods..

maybe cooperate with them....

oh and yea i think they use the GMPG machine gun as a main support rifle instead of the m249 at least i havent seen any with them

Erm I never said they are using M249...?! Ok will check the russian models out! Thank you! smile_o.gif

British army DPMs only have a small Union Flag, and i'm bot sure any of the special forces actually have that. The Parachute Battalion has the red berret. Also i'm pretty sure they don't wear helmets, they wear bush hats as they provide mostly better camo.

Hope this project turns into a realistic and good pack.

Wishing good luck for this Special Air Service Pack.

Hope it really hits the community.

good luck.

xmas_o.gif

Thanks at all! biggrin_o.gif

I will finish the P226 now and then rework the colors!

u could do SAS soldiers with civilian clothes allso, because alot of they're work is done undercover...

We already have civil SF'S from another autor... smile_o.gif

Here you can see the new color and the P226. The P226 is ready so far only the shadows break me the head... NormalMaps are on it...

sas4tj5.jpg

sas5sv0.jpg

sas6ur1.jpg

Looking good mate ... I can't say from expierence but I assume they don't wear any identifible parts on their uniforms, for instance British Flags. Nor do they have the red beret, its a Sand coloured one, aside from that ... good luck with the units smile_o.gif

Looking good thumbs-up.gif

AFAIK, the SAS do use M249s. At least they definately did during the first Gulf war.

The SAS uses the Diemaco SFW, I don't think the M16A2 is used on more than a handfull of occasions.

I also think the Browning HP is still used, but I am not entirely sure about this, also judging which weapons SF units use on a regular basis is hard to judge since they are so secretive.

Wikipedia is made up of "ex-navy seal internet guys" and old information, when I'm working on addons that need to be accurate, I never ever trust Wikipedia wink_o.gif

The L85A2 isn't used by the SAS, it is too heavy in comparison to the SFW (except for rare occasions, which I can imagine are not a priority for you right now).

OK thanks for the information... Will delete the flag and add M249s... smile_o.gif

They are using the M16A2 series still very often I think... Read in Wikipedia...

BTW: I am still not sure if they use L85 series... Couldn't find any information about that...

Yepp you are right they are using a C8 also...

They dont wear any identifaction marks. There usually the guys with the older proven kit on if you ever see em. If everyone else is normally in DPM you'll spot the SAS guys by the fact they dont wear any ID marks and they'll be wearing things like the tropics trousers.

Think para, and then some.

Quote[/b] ]They are using the M16A2 series still very often I think... Read in Wikipedia...

The SFW's replaced the Colt weapons outright afaik. There was a trial conducted by the SAS which pitted the SFW against the G36, the SFW won. The union jack needs to be made alot smaller if they wear it at all.

Ok Cobra thanks... I will rework the unit's then... here are some weapons...

From the left to the right:

M16A2&M203, MP5SD6, M240, C8 Carbine

Foreground: L96A1

unbenannt1bv2.jpg

The fatigues need a bleeching effect (like they've been stone-washed repeatedly), the SAS always looks rather "rag-tag" to me, using brand new uniforms would make them stand out from the mainforce.

Watch

for reference, though it is more likely that they are SBS, the clothing and equipment typically found is very similar, SAS units would do anything to blend in, including wearing civilian clothing, especially in Afghanistan.

Ok, so you recommend some dirt?! wink_o.gifrofl.gif

Those look nice! Now if only BI gets around to fixing the hand-in-grenade-launcher problem. banghead.gif

Just out of curiousty, do the SAS have permission to choose thier own loadout of weapons?

Why not? I mean its sure that no one would take a MG for a sneaky mission... Well, maybe not... lol rofl.gif

Going researching...^^

@Dan ick(uk): A big thanks to you... Will add you to the credits! wink_o.gif

Weapons you should be looking at are (including British designations)

L105A1 9mm Pistol, Automatic [sIG P226]

L106A1 9mm Pistol, Automatic [sIG P226K] - Short slide

L107A1 9mm Pistol, Automatic [sIG P228]

L9A1 9mm Pistol, Automatic [browning High Power]

L7A2 7.62mm Machine Gun, General Purpose [FN MAG/M240 etc]

L108A1 5.56mm Light Machine Gun [Minimi]

L110A1 5.56mm Light Machine Gun [Minimi PARA]

L91A1 9mm Submachine Gun, [H&K MP5SD]

L92A1 9mm Submachine Gun, [H&K MP5A3]

L100A1 7.62mm Rifle [H&K G3KA4]

L101A1 5.56mm Rifle [HK53]

L119 5.56mm Diemaco [C8SFW] - Normally fitted with x4 ACOG & L17A1/A2 40mm UGL [H&K AG36]

L67A1 37mm (1.5in.) Riot Gun. Arwen Grenade Launcher

L74A1 12g Pump Action Riot Gun

L115A1 8.6mm/.338 Long Range Rifle [Accuracy International]

As everyone else said, the DPM pattern is bad, wearing a beret is a no no etc etc.

Apart form that good effort.

IMHO units like the Special Air Service in Armed Assault can only be done justice when the tools are out and proper gear can be modeled.

Well done though and good luck with your project in the future

smile_o.gif