Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

What about the oil-pumps

Because I m currently making some mission arround Cayo I saw the oilpumps to make a singel move upon my spawn the first time.

Why do they only move once? Shouldnt it have been fixed ages ago? Or is that just a well know issue which just cannot be fixed (lol).

Sorry If this is some sort of repost the Search didnt return anything

I was wondering this myself. Doesn't appear to be anything in bug tracker about it either.

i wonder if there is any information that we can use to make a script that loops the oilpumps ID in a animation script.

Wow! That's quite an interesting find. I never noticed the oilpumps could move at all before...

This subject was already discussed while ago (maybe 6 months) but there was no straight answer from BIS staff for this "issue" or "problem".

@BIS

<ul>It would be nice indeed to have a word explaning how to make Oil Pumps working properlly as they should. They have great potencial for great missions.

Six months ago the community asked how to move this oil pumps and also asked how to make the burning fire coming out from the top. This feature once appeared on the first ArmA trailer release).

...and also asked how to make the burning fire coming out from the top. This feature once appeared on the first ArmA trailer release).

It's easy enough to make your own fire effect, in fact you could use the fire effects that are already there for vehicles. The scripts are in *.pbo files, easy to find with tools that can extract the *.pbo files.

As for animating the fuel pumps, you could make a script that uses the 'animate' command and get a list of the positions and IDs of the fuel pumps to animate. There are only a few fuel pumps on the map, all by Cayo, so getting a list of them would be easy.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the animation? Is it in the list of animations?

...and also asked how to make the burning fire coming out from the top. This feature once appeared on the first ArmA trailer release).

It's easy enough to make your own fire effect, in fact you could use the fire effects that are already there for vehicles. The scripts are in *.pbo files, easy to find with tools that can extract the *.pbo files.

As for animating the fuel pumps, you could make a script that uses the 'animate' command and get a list of the positions and IDs of the fuel pumps to animate. There are only a few fuel pumps on the map, all by Cayo, so getting a list of them would be easy.

have you seen the fire smoke coming from those oil pumps in the 1st video that came out?

its not a simple fire.. they looked different, as if they were blown from the oil pumps.

You could create your own particle effects with drop etc.

Interesting, I didn't know the would actually work, but as said before, the animation only last a split second. Also, it's not done very well and a few parts actually disconnect. I'm assume that's not intentional.

If the animation is going to start looping, we have to have it fixed.

have you seen the fire smoke coming from those oil pumps in the 1st video that came out?

its not a simple fire.. they looked different, as if they were blown from the oil pumps.

Yes I saw it. It wouldn't be that hard to create something that looked the same. There is the CSL particle param utility which would make it easier.

the animation of the pump isn't even finished in 1.07 hotfix, so why would there be a script or burn fx for it as long as the pump anim is wrong. there's one angle where it doesn't look bad:

Yes I saw it. It wouldn't be that hard to create something that looked the same. There is the CSL particle param utility which would make it easier.

i already tryed to put a bus under the ground burning.. it works..

as if the oil pump is burning but:

the smoke, burn won't last long.

the smoke comes from the ground (bus burning) and not from the top oil pump.

I want this to work for + - 6 months and still no way to make it work properlly.

I am now working on the animation of the oilpumps. But i already tryd to find the correct config for 15 minutes now. I made a script which listes all subconfigs of a certain config in a dialog but i those are so many...

does anyone know in which config the oilpump is settled? I can make a script which will keep the animation running then.

If it helps you finding the link: the name of the pumps is:

Land_vez_ropa

but "inheritsFrom" requires a whole link not only a string

---edit---

ok if you wait a second i will program search-script wich will browse through all configs and find the right link

i already tryed to put a bus under the ground burning.. it works..

as if the oil pump is burning but:

the smoke, burn won't last long.

the smoke comes from the ground (bus burning) and not from the top oil pump.

I want this to work for + - 6 months and still no way to make it work properlly.

To do it properly, you would need to make your own script for it. Maybe when I have time (not today, got stuff to do) I will do it and post it here smile_o.gif

@ManDay: It might be easier to find the config and search for the oilpump in Wordpad.

Here is a little recursive script I made which will find a Class anywhere in the CFG-Tree:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//configFind.sqf - by ManDay.

bool_checkCfg =

{

private[ "_bool_found","_int_i","_int_maxEntries" ];

_bool_found = false;

_int_i = 0;

_int_maxEntries = 0;

if( configName _this == _str_name )then

{

_bool_found = true;

_str_link = format[ "%1",_this ];

};

_int_maxEntries = count _this;

hint format[ "Checking...\n""%1"" in:\n%2\n[%3 Subclasses]",_str_name,_this,_int_maxEntries ];

while{ ( _int_i < _int_maxEntries )&&( !_bool_found ) }do

{

sleep _float_delay;

_bool_found =( _this select _int_i )call bool_checkCfg;

_int_i = _int_i + 1;

};

if( _bool_found )then

{

true;

}else{

false;

};

};

_cfg_src = _this select 0;

_str_name = _this select 1;

_str_link = "";

_float_delay = 0.001;

if( ( typeName _cfg_src != "CONFIG" )||( typeName _str_name != "STRING" ) )then

{

hint "ConfigFind : INCORRECT CALL";

} else {

if( _cfg_src call bool_checkCfg )then

{

hint format[ "ConfigFind : %1 found at...\n%2",_str_name,_str_link ];

}else{

hint format[ "ConfigFind : %1 not found in...\n%2",_str_name,_cfg_src ];

}

}

Call: [ cfg_root,str_search ]call "configFind.sqf"

with:

cfg_root: The cfg which subentries you want to find the pattern in.

str_search: The pattern (cfg-Name) you want to find.

Ok. I finnaly found the model. It is

ca/Misc/vez_ropa

Now is there any way to get the ANIMATION-IDENTs out of this file withou downloading an editor?

If not - is there a plugin for MAYA?

Why? Well. I wonder "Vez_ropa_anim" which is actually listed in the class as the animation is not working. Nowhere.

_ob_pump animationPhase "Vez_ropa_anim" == 0

even tho the pump is moving. animate doesnt work either. thats why I think its somehow misspelled or something

i would like to help but i have no idea confused_o.gif

if you make this think work, would you be kind to creat a testfile.pbo for us? smile_o.gif

I will. I will include all scripts there I am currently working with.

But that thing gets stranger to me each time I try a new point. That thing seems really weird.

It doesnt take dammage, and if given dammage with "setdammage 1" nothing happens.

I will. I will include all scripts there I am currently working with.

But that thing gets stranger to me each time I try a new point. That thing seems really weird.

It doesnt take dammage, and if given dammage with "setdammage 1" nothing happens.

yep we already noticed its impossible to destroy it. Don't know yet why.. thumbs-up.gif

no official explanation yet

Ok. I finnaly found the model. It is

ca/Misc/vez_ropa

Now is there any way to get the ANIMATION-IDENTs out of this file withou downloading an editor?

If not - is there a plugin for MAYA?

Why? Well. I wonder "Vez_ropa_anim" which is actually listed in the class as the animation is not working. Nowhere.

_ob_pump animationPhase "Vez_ropa_anim" == 0

even tho the pump is moving. animate doesnt work either. thats why I think its somehow misspelled or something

From the config: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Land_vez_ropa: House

{

scope = 1;

model = "\ca\Misc\vez_ropa";

icon = "\ca\data\data\Unknown_object.paa";

animated = 1;

destrType = "DestructNo";

ladders[] = {

{ "start","end" }};

class AnimationSources

{

class Vez_ropa_anim

{

source = "time";

sourceAddress = "loop";

};

};

};

So the animation name is: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Vez_ropa_anim

Since it does animate once at the start, the name must be spelled correctly huh.gif

Does creating the oil pumps in the mission editor have different results than messing with the ones already on the island?

Ive tried creating one in the editor and calling it a name then doing a few switchmove and playmoves on it with the animation and it still just does it the once.