Sign in to follow this  
OpforMaster

cant connect to MP games!

Ive owned ArmA since the German dvd release and have never had so many problems trying to connect to mp games. I recently made some major hardware upgrades to my mobo and ram. I did a fresh install of XP all the drivers etc and a couple benchmarking apps and ArmA. i started out with the stock 1.05 patch that i had been running before the upgrade and would always crash to desktop when i tried to connect to a game. I uninstalled and reinstalled arma to 1.05, still no dice. i then tried eraseing the MP cache file as suggested in another thread, no go. I can play single player just fine and decided to see if i could connect to any MP game in any game. I loaded up the latest americas army sf build and connected to a couple of games and played through no problem. So I know the hardware is ok. I then patched arma to 1.07, I dont crash when I connect now i get 0 kb mission files that never load and if I do get a real mission file it wont go past the startup map screen.

Any Ideas?

My current specs:

ArmA german DVD v1.0 patched to 1.07

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 sli-DR (Bios 4/06)

AMD Athlon FX-60 X2

2x 1gb DDR RAM Mushkin Redline 3-3-2-8-7 1T

EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb PCI-E x16 (V. 158.22)

WD Raptor 74gb SATA / WD 160gb SATA

Lite-On DVD Multiwriter SATA / Lite-On CD/DVD Combo SATA

ThermalTake ToughPower 650w quad rail modular

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

___

Sounds Like a Firewall is Windows Firewall on?

Downlaod and Play on You own Dedicated Server and then Connect to it game try that to see if it is a Game issue or Network Issue