Sign in to follow this  
weefurious

low fps?

here are my specs:

amd 4800x2

2gb ram

7950gx2

audigy 4 pro

running at default settings I'm only getting about 20 fps, lowering many options I can only get up to 30. Have disabled vsync, aa/af, shadows and post process, is this normal?? I figured I would be able to run this at higher settings?

have done the usual, defragged, disabled unneeded services and put the page file on a different drive, but very discouraged by the ingame performance. any suggestions?

Update youre Drivers For One Get the New AMD cpu Driver then get the New Nvidia Driver then get the New Audio Driver.

And what ver of Arma Are you Running At.

AMD Driver

Nvidia Driver

Creative

had just updated my drivers as I was fairly sure from reading through a lot of the posts that it would be best to do it before trying the game, all drivers are the newest ones

what resolution are you running the game in?

1.Defrag your HD

2.Kill unnecessary background processes

Or just read the first post here

I've defragged my drives, I've gone into msconfig and taken out everything not necessary for running this game and tried that, I'm running at the native resolution for my lcd at 1280x1040 and even with settings changed to low I drop to 20 fps in vegetation. This is ridiculous.

I went through the original stickied thread and did everything in there that applied to me, and still no boost. Going to hope the patch today adds a performance boost, very frustrated at how poorly it's running

This is a very common problem unfortunately. Everyone will give suggestions about the usual things: drivers, defragging etc. You may also get people say that other, graphically superior games will run far better. And while I will agree with them to some extent you also have to realise what the game is trying to achieve. Comparing it to BF2/2142 is unfair for instance. Look at the size of the terrain those games are simulating compared to the huge areas that ArmA tries to do. Yes, I'm sure that things can be improved, as the recent 1.08 patch has done for some people, but don't expect miracles.

smile_o.gif