Sign in to follow this  
Heavy Metal

ArmA now found in Wal-Mart

Saw it tonight, the Atari version. yay.gif

When Wally World dedicates a bit of their shelf space to something, it is a good sign.

hey! thats good news!

btw: ANY shopping shelve space dedicated to arma is a good thing!

... now all we need is the 1.08 patch, maybe today?

( the 1.08 bigg ass fixlist makes that for me a MUST HAVE -and rather sooner than later! )

They've sold it online since May 8th. Was very happy to see that.

WalMart had them in Nebraska since first day of sales, but in Best Buy I only saw 1 copy today. Was there yesterday they still didn't have it.

It was in both Wal-Marts where I live since release date. Don't know about the Best-Buy, Target, or Circuit City. I got the 1 copy my local EB had.

i was able to pick one up, on day of release, but ONE store had it. doing my 1/18th scale aircraft search....usually takes me to about 8-10 walmarts, (recently)just for kicks..i searched each one for arma as well during my scale aircraft search. again, the only walmart that had it in stock, was the one where i originally purchased on the release day. none of the others had it.

I've checked the GameStop here on the Gulf Coast (FL) and they had it, both Wal Marts had it, and so did Best Buy. It's always a good thing though when it starts showing up in a whole bunch of stores all over the country.

Here in Germany Walmart isnt here any more. "Walmart" was taken over by "real" before a couple of weeks.

which is the least that can be said about my local Game store. the first couple of weeks it had an entire shelf now it has none, it has now been taken up with generally dated games like the sims and just generally rubbish games like World of Warcraft crazy_o.gifbanghead.gif

Well as soon as I spotted it online I hounded the Australian Publisher for details as to when and where I could buy the packaged game.

March 26th I picked it up for $90au at 'Dick Smiths', its been almost 10 weeks and ive managed to do the training, with somewhat hideous Graphics and thats it, Anything else I try is unplayable.

1.05 is the version, 1.07 patch had me hoping but i see now thats been moved to 1.08 and still no sign of it coming anytime soon.

I Just hope its not going for $20au now at the local 'Walmart'.... Means Ive paid $70au for the privladge of having sit idle on my HD.

(There should be a law against rushed games.)

goodnight.gif

Hideous graphics?!? What the hell :|

if you're running it on low graphics what do u expect :\

Otherwise.. i dont see how the graphics are 'hideous'.

I hate people who say the game is completely rushed and 'unplayable' because it IS playable. Hundreds of people are playing multiplayer in the evenings, so i dont see how its unplayable at all.

I've checked the GameStop here on the Gulf Coast (FL) and they had it, both Wal Marts had it, and so did Best Buy. It's always a good thing though when it starts showing up in a whole bunch of stores all over the country.

Wow Gamestop had ARMA?? wow_o.gif That is good it means ARMA is spreading out well, also Ive been hearing that Gamestop has been limiting their PC game portfolio a lot some places dont even have PC games anymore.

As of last weekend, a Gamestop in central Massachusetts had one copy of ArmA in stock.

Hideous graphics?!? What the hell :|

You seem to have not heard about the hideous LOD bug.

You have to understand theres been no commercials, and its kinda off a game thats named different [OFP] and you don't see too many things about Armed Assault when you type in Operation Flashpoint 2. So it's a little slow at this point in time, but I think things will pick up soon.

Around here we don't have a Wally World..thank goodness tounge2.gif

Around here we don't have a Wally World..thank goodness tounge2.gif

What do you have against saving money?

Wal-Mart does some things well. Take it for what it is.