Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

IEDs?

I tried to do a search on this but I got tons of topics with words like Tried, tied, etc etc.

Anyways, is it possible to add IEDs/ Road side bombs in this game? I want to set it to where once an enemy walks by it, it sets off an IED.

Also I was wondering if it was also possible to make the Civilians hostile. I was playing around as a civilian with a gun earlier, I had 30 opfor set up. And I opened fire on them and they never returned fire for some reason. I want to set it up so that at a triggered even, the Civilians open fire on the opfor and then the opfor defends themselves.

There allready is an IED add-on release but that's just a model if i'm correct

Topic

and this one

You can create this with the trigger in the editor, the code and such I have NO idea but can you probably find it on OFPEC

well on ofpec I found a car bomb script, but I was hoping to set an actual bomb or something to that effect. Not have to have a car in the way.

Well right now my issue with that car bomb script is the car just dies, and catches on fire, no actual explosion. In fact even the driver inside of it lives =/

All I've done in a level like this is have an AI set a satchel then run off and hide. Then set a trigger by the satchel so when a unit walks past it, the AI detonates it. Works rather well for player convoy ambushes.

Well right now my issue with that car bomb script is the car just dies, and catches on fire, no actual explosion. In fact even the driver inside of it lives =/

Well maybe the guy screwed up the his stoimetric calculation and added too much fuel to the oxidizer tounge2.gif

If the IED script you're talking about is the one that was posted sometime ago on this forum, then you can edit the size of the explosion. Sounds like you've got it set to small.

I tried that script out a while ago and for a laugh set the explosion size to huge.

The blast leveled three houses and blew the car so high in the air that it landed about half a mile away! First time I tried it the blast wave killed me outright at I guess nearly 100 yards from the blast point!!

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/resource_list.php?type=sc&cat=ve

That car bomb is the one Ive been talking about. I have no idea which variable is the explosion though. If anyone else has an IED script they can share that would be awesome.

Also, how do you set an AI to place a satchel and then not detonate it till the trigger tells them too? When I tell them to set a satchel they blow it up themselves when they run a specific distance.

Ok, here is the script I got, could anyone tell me how to set the explosion radius?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Script begins here

;---------------------------

_car = _this select 0

_mode= _this select 1

_limit=_this select 2

#start

? (!alive _car) : goto "EXPLODE"

? (_mode==1):goto "LowerLimit"

#UpperLimit

_curDriver=Driver _car

? (!IsNull _curDriver) : HasDriver=1

? (HasDriver==1) && (IsNull _curDriver) : goto "EXPLODE"

? (speed _car >= _limit) : goto "EXPLODE"

~0.1

goto "UpperLimit"

#LowerLimit

_curDriver=Driver _car

? (!IsNull _curDriver) : HasDriver=1

? (HasDriver==1) && (IsNull _curDriver) : goto "EXPLODE"

? (speed _car >= _limit) : _byrdFlag=1

? (_byrdFlag==1)&&(speed _car <= _limit) : goto "EXPLODE"

~0.1

goto "LowerLimit"

#EXPLODE

_ammoType = "SHELL120"

_ExplosionPos = GetPos _car

_ExplosionPosX = _ExplosionPos select 0

_ExplosionPosY = _ExplosionPos select 1

_ExplosionPosZ = _ExplosionPos select 2

_tempObj = _ammoType camCreate[_ExplosionPosX, _ExplosionPosY, _ExplosionPosZ+1]

_car setdammage 1

~0.01

_tempobj = objNull

#END

exit

Havoc that looks like a different one to the one I've got.

If you want to, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the one I've got which includes a demo mission for you to mess around with it.