Sign in to follow this  
General Lag

Next Patch Issues?

Dono if it has posted in this form, just wanted to make a poll for myself, once, and look what's the response.

Hi

Addon will never be available in the next patch I believe...also OXYGEN...the patch 1.50 only fix bugs (same exactly with 1.42)....confused.gif

New addons+Oxygen will be available in June and all people wont play OFP at that time mad.gif

Sorry for my language

Regards,

Icabola

I would really to see the physics engine to get a polish. Also some bug fixing is always welcomed. Some units would be fine but physics engine is my no1 priority.

All the game need is Bridges & Bitches smile.gif

(And Water, and Animals and Trenches)

(And a boot-all-n00bs option)

physics. I don't want these bouncy vehicles! I mean, what kinda suspention do you need for THAT!

Heck, you can even shoot down low flying helis by hitting a Trabant with the M1

physics as in bouncy cars, tanks, planes, aircraft that bounce when they crash or come up out of the water (a10), bumper-tanks that fly back from each other when being hit, vehicles sliding down hills (mainly planes), going prone on objects makes you vibrate, as well as underneath objects. falling through building floors, floating for a second before falling, all of that is physics that could use a fixin' smile.gif but that ok, i can live with jello tanks biggrin.gif

Screw physics there are not such a problem anyways

I want to see support for bigger textures 1024*1024 so the engine won't look ugly compared to Unreal 2 and Doom 3

i presume its not that hard to do

LOL if they used that high quality textures then it would crawl. This game is now the most CPU demanding ever. You want to make it the most GPU demanding game, too. Also making a game looking like Unreal 2. Well wait for IL. It will have much better graphics as l have seen from the pics on the site there.

Unreal 2 might look very nice but l wouldn't like to own a low-end card while play the game :S

How can you compare OFP with Doom and Unreal? Now that's unrealistic tounge.gif

A turtle would walk faster than Doom and Unreal if they had the landscape even half the size of OFP biggrin.gif

Yeah I know that at least make 512*512 texture support

And since i'm gonna upgrade my PC anyway i don't really care how slow its gonna be tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TheOberleutnant @ Feb. 17 2002,13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The choppers need fixing.  Anyone noticed that if you land in water gently, you can go under, then come up again quite easily?<span id='postcolor'>

It doesn't bother me. smile.gif

Physics. See previous posts, they pretty much convey my opinion on the matter.

A few other things I would not mind seeing:

-Limited Jumping ability. Not like Q3 or CS where you leap tall buildings in a single bound. Just high enough so you can jump up onto or over a sand bag wall. Have weapon accuracy during jump same as running.

-Ride on outside of tanks and other vehicles. Soviet infantry used to ride on the outside of tanks all the time.

-Fireing posts and aim out windows of vehicles. If character is a passenger in a vehicle allow the to stick weapon out of window or firing port. A Black Hawk down senerio would require this. Also great for resistance drive by shootings.

I have no idea if these are possible to implement but it would be cool to see if it is possible.

Join in progress games, or whatever it's called, please please PLEASE, as already said - think about what you can do with this, e.g. on dedicated servers - a war lasting for days non-stop! Players disconnecting and connecting, without restarting, ohhh  wow.gif

Agreed a join in progress server software would be excellent. It would also give anyone making an RPG variant for flashpoint the ability to do an online game like Everquest or Anarchy Online. That gives me another idea:

-Emotes. I also play a game called Everquest. In it there are emotes that the character will perform. ie, /yawn will make you character do a yawn, /dance and your character does a dance. It is kinda like doing scripts for IRC chat, but instead of just text showing up the character model will perform the action. I think it would give MP new life since you could do rude jestures and laugh at people. It would also allow SP mission to have more ambience since you could have civilians doing stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ Feb. 17 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Physics. See previous posts, they pretty much convey my opinion on the matter.

A few other things I would not mind seeing:

-Limited Jumping ability. Not like Q3 or CS where you leap tall buildings in a single bound. Just high enough so you can jump up onto or over a sand bag wall. Have weapon accuracy during jump same as running.

-Ride on outside of tanks and other vehicles. Soviet infantry used to ride on the outside of tanks all the time.

-Fireing posts and aim out windows of vehicles. If character is a passenger in a vehicle allow the to stick weapon out of window or firing port. A Black Hawk down senerio would require this. Also great for resistance drive by shootings.

I have no idea if these are possible to implement but it would be cool to see if it is possible.<span id='postcolor'>

about the shooting out of vehicle thing, i would love it, but ive asked about it befor. And aparently the ofp engine only allows for one weapon being fired per vehicle. sad.gif

Those #### cars look like rubber after a roket blast, fliyin all over the air(im not that isnt lame)

and fixes the helis and planes explosions, they take 2 long to blow up when they hit the ground

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (slowyconection @ Feb. 20 2002,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those #### cars look like rubber after a roket blast, fliyin all over the air(im not that isnt lame)

and fixes the helis and planes explosions, they take 2 long to blow up when they hit the ground<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn't bother me anymore.