Sign in to follow this  

Complete List of ARMA Commands

maybe u use a beta patch. then the server.cfg must be still in the arma main directory, as this is the working directory. if the server.cfg is in the beta folder it will not be used.

Please, I'm needing a help to create my dedicated server. I spent some hours reading the forum and the Bi wiki but I didn't have success yet... It shouldn't be so hard with so many manual procedures... Please help! confused_o.gif

I start the ARMA dedicated server and a small window opens with 3 text phrases (I'm not in front of my personal computer now). Then I open the game and click on the multiplayer icon. After that the game crashes.... Also I'm in doubt in how can I select and execute the Warfare into the dedicated server. How I select this map?

My computer config is below:

Vista Home Premium x64

Core 2 Quad 2.4

4 GB ram

SLI 2x EVGA 8800 GT KO

My server config are below:

C:\Jogos\ArmA\arma_server.exe -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma.cfg -profiles=profiles -port=2302 -netlog -mod=DBE1;@General;@Flares

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname="Server do Mattoso"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password=""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin="xyz"; // Password to become server admin. When Youre in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'

reportingIP=""; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers

logFile="server_console.log"; // Tells arma-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[]=

{ // Checks if these files are equal to the servers files. If one or more is not, player will be kicked from server

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo"

};

maxPlayers=2; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

Kickduplicate=1; // Each ArmA version has its onw ID. If kickduplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures=0; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on

equalModRequired=1; // If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers=1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold=0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN=1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality=0; // Quality from 1 to 10

persistent=1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

3rdPersonView=0; // Probably does not work here, should be set in the .armaprofile file of the server

difficulty="veteran"; // Probably does not work here, should be set in the .armaprofile file of the server

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions

{

class Warfare // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = MP06ConquerTheIsland.Sara;

cadetMode = 1; // difficulty 0=veteran 1=cadet (not only AI, but radar, map etc)

};

};

Somebody please tell me is it possible to add those arma.cfg perfomance tuning commands lines in server.cfg? I'll would like to know that because I cant get our rented server cmd-line editor to accept more that one command (-config) damn java applet   banghead.gif

Try to research more about the things your asking for to make it a little clearer as arma.cfg ....server.cfg and cmd-line are three totaly seperate things ....... so the question you ask is a bit confusing icon_rolleyes.gif

What i meant was that in server cmd-line editor i cant add anymore starting parameters than that "-config=server.cfg" it just wont read more. Usually i would do it in quicklaunch icon as target parameters something like this "-cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=@mod1;@mod2"

So i wanted to ask if i can add those net performance parameters in -cfg=basig.cfg (defalt named as arma.cfg) to server.cfg file?

Did i make myself clear or just confuse more?  whistle.gif

Ok yes i understand now....i allso have server with the applet but i just add the config into it no prob....if it is only small box it should allow for continuos type, other that that if the server is rented u should take it up with them in the form of a support ticket or whatever your host uses.... sad_o.gif

Ok yes i understand now....i allso have server with the applet but i just add the config into it no prob....if it is only small box it should allow for continuos type, other that that if the server is rented u should take it up with them in the form of a support ticket or whatever your host uses....  sad_o.gif

I'm little curious what server hosting company do you use? and could you send that what you have write on that "small box"? I must have been doing something wrong there  confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-server -config=server.cfg -port=2340 -mod=@XEH;@Durgs;@Server -profiles=Fou

that is the config in the cmd line..... The host is GamingDeluxe but they should be simillar

Yeah, that java applet looks same. I'll have to check that out, there must be error somewhere. Have you Queens Gambit addon on server? Almost all hosters seems to forget that one  confused_o.gif

Thanks for the help.

I copied and pasted your examples to the files in the folder where the ARMA_Server.exe file is.

However .. the server name in the game browser is still the name of the computer and not the name in the server.cfg file.

Can anyone help ? banghead.gif

katzenscheisse @ April 19 2008,15:07)]maybe u use a beta patch. then the server.cfg must be still in the arma main directory, as this is the working directory. if the server.cfg is in the beta folder it will not be used.

No I am using the full un-beta'ed version of the game

sorry for posting this in yet another place but i realy cant figure this out.

main tread

Ill be happy to give out all passes ect so you can have a look inside the server, it must be something inside there im missing, maybe gameserver messed up the patch or something?

Some missions do work, but no evo or domination map i tried seems to work for some wierd reason. banghead.gifhelp.gifbanghead.gif

Guys,

I wonder of someone might be able to suggest some sensible settings for my server for these and any other associated variables. VON is already off.

MinBandwidth=

MaxBandwidth=

MinErrorToSend=

A little background. It's a private server with only 5 of us at most, one of which will be me joining over the LAN. It's hosted right here at home on my broadband, 20000 kbps down and 7600 kbps upstream. The machine itself is an Athlon XP3200+ with 2 GB of RAM running XP Pro.

We play mostly coops like Domination.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]To ban a user you have to add their Player ID to file ban.txt residing in the main ARMA directory. If there is no such file there, create a new one. The format of ban.txt is a plain ASCII text list of decimal Player IDs delimited with space, tabulator or end-of-line characters.

Could i see this in English tounge2.gif just need a good example please

Its just a basic notepad document called ban.txt

Inside is just a list of banned id's

Ok so is there a specific way

or 3434343434,34343434,34343434

Ok so is there a specific way

or 3434343434,34343434,34343434

This way:

Thanks Dave

should have pm'd you notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]//12 player server

MinBandwidth=3072000;

MaxBandwidth=6144000;

MinErrorToSend=0.05;

OK silly question and even more silly considering ArmA 2 is just round the corner.  I have a 1.5 megabit download and 256 kilobit upload connection. In other words ...ratshit...how many players could I realistically host on a dedicated server?  I would like to host 3 plus myself.  My laptop runs the dedi server and I join via a desktop.  I've read the read me but get confused a bit.  Is it allocate 512 max / 256 min kb per player? I have been able to host 2 plus myself satisfactorly, just wondering.

Any help appreciated smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]//12 player server

MinBandwidth=3072000;

MaxBandwidth=6144000;

MinErrorToSend=0.05;

OK silly question and even more silly considering ArmA 2 is just round the corner.  I have a 1.5 megabit download and 256 kilobit upload connection. In other words ...ratshit...how many players could I realistically host on a dedicated server?  I would like to host 3 plus myself.  My laptop runs the dedi server and I join via a desktop.  I've read the read me but get confused a bit.  Is it allocate 512 max / 256 min kb per player?  I have been able to host 2 plus myself satisfactorly, just wondering.

Any help appreciated smile_o.gif

when arma came out...spent quite a lot of time reading instructions, wiki, asking people...but the server setup and all the parameters are not 100% clear of what they are doing and how you suppose to setup....so that was a comment for Arma2 as you said is round the corner..

now to your question...from what i know and i understand Arma needs for each client 512kb download and 256kb upload. Is probably one of the most bandwidth demanding games..if not the most demanding. This bandwidth is not used constantly but depends on the situation, the mission, number of AI etc...so i would guess is the maximum. With that as a guideline...if you want to host a server for 3 clients (3+urself but u are not using internet bandwidth) you will need 3 x 512 = 1536kb upload speed. Remember that the clients download speed is your upload speed. Equally your connection should have 3 x 256 = 768kb download speed.

So to sum up to host 3 clients + yourself you will need 1536kb upload speed and 768kb download.

As is the case with most servers you will need far more upload speed than download, contrary to home connection which they give far higher download than upload speed.

if you are in UK a few companies are offering upload up to 1.3Mb so you might want to have a look at that.

Another thing to bear in mind is the minerrortosend. The smaller the number the more bandwith the server will use, but also the smoother the movement of the AI will be. So for example if you watch AI from distance you will notice that they are juddering or jumping...you can also notice that on flying jets. That has to do with the minerrortosend...and the higher you set it the smoother will be...but then the higher the bandwith will be...i believe this is happening because BIS is not using extrapolation on their netcode...

So i do hope for Arma2, movement is smoother online, bandwidth requirements are less and setting up a server is easier and well explained.

Hello..

First of all thank you for the Mp server Commands. I appreciate this information which have given by you. This is really very good information on a list of ARMA Commands. Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. You have done a great job so keep doing good work.

moved in arma2 forum

Edited by ikuya

Yah i am unbanned!