Sign in to follow this  

Complete List of ARMA Commands

not the right place, but they go in your user folder, in a folder called "sound" and should be either wav or ogg, ogg is smaller as there is a limit to the overall size and limits can be set on individual file sizes

ok, thnx al lot

This can't be right, can it?

Quote[/b] ]For minBandwith and MaxBandwith use this Simple Formula.

256kb Minbandwith, 512kb MaxBandwith times X number of Players use

So 265kb X 20 Players = 5120000

Quote[/b] ]//Recomended Server min max Bandwith for dedicated servers

//256kb Min/512kb Max times X number of players

//64 player server

MinBandwidth=16384000;

MaxBandwidth=32768000;

MinErrorToSend=0.008;

//32 player server

MinBandwidth=8192000;

MaxBandwidth=16348000;

MinErrorToSend=0.008;

//24 player server

MinBandwidth=6144000;

MaxBandwidth=12288000;

MinErrorToSend=0.05;

//12 player server

MinBandwidth=3072000;

MaxBandwidth=6144000;

MinErrorToSend=0.05;

3 Mb/s for a minimum bandwidth for a 12 player server? huh.gifcrazy_o.gifconfused_o.gifbanghead.gif

My ISP has graciously let me run a game server on a colocated connection in their datacenter for years. For free, no less. However, I'm restricted to a 10 Mb/s half duplex connection. That means the best I can realistically hope to see is about 3 Mb/s in practice.

Sigh. I'm screwed. I've been waiting patiently for the Linux server binary to come out so I can start getting my clan excited about playing ArmA. I'll never be able to run a decent server if that's what my bandwidth limits are. Heck, I was mentally figuring on 32 Kb/s or 64 Kb/s per player. That would let me get a decent number connected.

Can those who have a server up today give the rest of us some idea of the number of players you are currently supporting, and how much bandwidth you have dedicated? TIA. help.gif

interesting question...

I have been looking into this info for a few days now...although it seems that these commands are well documented..i haven't heard or seen any real life experience by tweaking these commands...

i have a feeling that most of the servers are not tweaking the arma.cfg...and if they are they are changing they one that is created by default in rood directory which is not what is read by default by the server.

I think with 3mb/s you can run 12 people...is all trial and error and u have to play with these commands...

the bandwith that arma is using compared to other games...even open battle games..is ridiculusily high...

Tomcat you are right when i find a full arma bezerk server i get on thare ts and ask if thay have lag point them to my post and get it done. but alot of servers are not tweeked at all.

it is trial and error expermented with diffren ones what helps the most is minerror to send and min/max bandwith thoes will a help any server you want youre min upload to be 256kb times number of player and max 512kb times x number of palyers.

yes i agree....but BIS is saying that MaxMsgSend and MinBandwidth are the most effecting in tweaking...and that if you don't use all the bandwith increase these two...

however, from my experiments i have found that maxmsgsend...has little impact on gameplay...and the biggest impact is MinBandwidth and minerrortosend....especially the last one..has a massive impact on bandwith and stuttering....

First & foremost many thanks for the info in setting a server up for the first time helped us greatly in setting our's up.

Is this info Accurate?

Quote[/b] ]Fake Game ids Generated by a key-gen

All Fake ids are longer then 9 digits or shorter then 6 kick and Ban if u see them.

Would be nice if this was confirmed officially.

this is been confurmed non officaly by lots of clans we kick someone with a fake id key we tell them go buy the game thay come back. "thay say no no il by the game next week. but i have gotten plenty of people to admit thay dont have ligit games.. also i bought a German game it has a 9 digit id. when i installed it my us one has a 6 digit id. or ask youre mates. out of 20 or so people on a server if you type #userlist and go up the page you will see one or two fake ones i normal leave them on the server untill cheater pops up and kick all fake ones.

wanted to add a note about running two servers on one box.

When running two server you can not have both of them doing -netlog one server will onley write to the file not both so do it on the public server box

Also Profiles command is very usefull when setting up two servers & diffrent Difucutly settings. also the serverconsole logfile will save in this profile and and arma_server.rpt file will save in it to

Also do not set up two arma server useing the same port or neer the same port i have seen alot of arma servers one use port 2302 and other use port 2303. when the first server uses port 2302 the server reportport is 2303 this will clash with the second server gameport. and you will have problums with game spy not showing youre server up.

Also haveing two arma servers run off the same exe will lead to memorey leaks copy the server.exe over to the desktop rename it to whatever you want put it back in the arma folder and start the second server off it.

public.exe -config=server1.cfg -profile=public -netlog

private.exe -config=server2.cfg -profile=Private -port=2306

I run 3 servers off one of my boxes using port 2302 2314 and 2318 all work well, Didnt have to modify the commandline at all only the -netlog

Quote[/b] ]When running two server you can not have both of them doing -netlog one server will onley write to the file not both so do it on the public server box

Skywolf this statement isnt true, please double check your findings before posting. I run four servers on one box and they all have seperate nelogs, server_logs, profiles. Its all about how you set the box up.

Quote[/b] ]Also haveing two arma servers run off the same exe will lead to memorey leaks copy the server.exe over to the desktop rename it to whatever you want put it back in the arma folder and start the second server off it.

I get a strange feeling from this comment above? Am I right in thinking you have one install and run 2 instances of the game?

No i have the Dedicated serverfiles loaded 3 times on the same box just with different ports not lag on any of the servers

hi. I'm finding difficult to find out how to configure properly the difficulty settings on my dedicated server.

I have this in my server.armaprofile

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

version=1;

blood=1;

viewDistance=1200;

terrainGrid=10.000000;

volumeCD=7;

volumeFX=7;

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=300000.000000;

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=2;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0;

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=0;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=0;

HUDWpPerm=0;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.597585;

skillEnemy=0.496229;

precisionFriendly=0.597585;

precisionEnemy=0.496229;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=0;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=0;

HUDWpPerm=0;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=0;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=0;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.695941;

skillEnemy=0.901783;

precisionFriendly=0.695941;

precisionEnemy=0.901783;

};

};

However, the autospot still working even it is set to 0. I hace tested othre settings, like the map update, and I can enable and disable them without problems, but the autospot even when it is disable it works in game, which is very annoying.

Another this is how to make the map show only same side units instead all detected units. Just to keep track where your mates are but not showing up enemies.

And finally, is there any way of disable the floating aim reticule while keeping the friendly tags enable? Because after some tests, if I disable the floating reticule the friendly tags are not shown anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

First & foremost many thanks for the info in setting a server up for the first time helped us greatly in setting our's up.

Is this info Accurate?

Quote[/b] ]Fake Game ids Generated by a key-gen

All Fake ids are longer then 9 digits or shorter then 6 kick and Ban if u see them.

Would be nice if this was confirmed officially.

No I don't think that's true. The pirate keys range from 6 to 12 digits so you can't tell them apart from originals. I have seen a guy with a 9 digit ID admit to using a pirated version.

just to add to this ID# argument

i have 2 legit versions imported from Czech to UK on day or release

both installs have 5 digit ID's

as a rule of thumb i stick to 10 digit ID's before the BANHAMMER falls

Please help:

I am trying to set up a server. In the internet game browser the name of the PC shows up instead of the hostname in the server.cfg

Please help, it's really annoying to have my server listed as Home PC

Thanks in advance!

A.J. Rimmer

Please help:

I am trying to set up a server. In the internet game browser the name of the PC shows up instead of the hostname in the server.cfg

Please help, it's really annoying to have my server listed as Home PC

Thanks in advance!

A.J. Rimmer

Had the same when it diden't load the config, because I spelled it wrong.

Check your startup-parameter

Thanks for replying.. but that wasnt it. Does a router have anything to do with it?

Using: -config=server.cfg -port=2302 and have 2302 opened on the router configuration panel.

I can login with the admin password listed in the server.cfg but MOTD and hostname dont work. I got the server.cfg from:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Still looking for help. Thanks. banghead.gif

copy your cfg lines to the post so we'll have a look..

If the dedi server is there..you probably misspelled sth..

Ok then, here ya go. The server is there, I and others can connect. It's using the computer name as the server name in the game browser "Home PC" not the hostname as seen below and the MOTD's don't work either.

banghead.gif

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

//

// server.cfg

//

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname="Rimmer World"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password=""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin="smeg"; // Password to become server admin. When Youre in ArmaMP and connected to the

server, type '#login xyz'

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers

logFile="server_console.log"; // Tells arma-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={

"Welcome to the Server",

};

motdInterval=5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[]={ // Checks if these files are equal to the servers files. If one or more is not, player will be kicked from server

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo"

};

maxPlayers=30; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

maxCustomFileSize=200000; // Maximum amount of Bytes allowed to each player for his custom files like face and music

Kickduplicate=1; // Each ArmA version has its onw ID. If kickduplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures=0; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on

equalModRequired=0; // If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers=1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold=0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN=1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality=0; // Quality from 1 to 10

persistent=1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

3rdPersonView=0; // Probably does not work here, should be set in the .armaprofile file of the server

difficulty="veteran"; // Probably does not work here, should be set in the .armaprofile file of the server

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected=""; // self-explaining

onUserDisconnected="";

doubleIdDetected="";

regularCheck="";

onDifferentData="";

onUnsignedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using unsigned data.', (_this select 0)];"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData=""; // tampering of the signature detected, see also verifySignatures above

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions {

};

try the line:

"Welcome to the Server",

without comma. u need a comma to separate several lines. so type:

"Welcome to the Server"

maybe it works.

did u start a dedicated server or did u start a new game from the multiplayer-screen in arma?

several things need to be corrected here. First i'll show you the errors and at the end of this post you'll find proper server setting files

Quote[/b] ]passwordAdmin="smeg"; // Password to become server admin. When Youre in ArmaMP and connected to the

<span style='color:red'>server, type '#login xyz'</span>

the comment is reaching in the next line, without having the // on the extra comment line, this must not happen

Quote[/b] ]motd[]={

"Welcome to the Server",

};

As [OF]katzenscheisse correctly noticed, remove the comma here

Quote[/b] ]

checkfiles[]={ // Checks if these files are equal to the servers files. If one or more is not, player will be kicked from server

"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo",

"dta\data3d.pbo"

};

Those files that you check here are from OFP, adscititious. Put only ArmA files here or leave it blank. If you enable verifySignatures on your server you don't need to check any files here.

Quote[/b] ]maxCustomFileSize=200000;

This setting here is in the wrong place, it belongs into the "\My Documents\ArmA\arma.cfg" file on the dedicated server

Quote[/b] ]3rdPersonView=0;

difficulty="veteran";

Those two are wrong here as well, they belong into the ArmaProfile of the active player profile on the dedicated server

Quote[/b] ]onUnsignedData="server globalChat format['Player %1 is using unsigned data.', (_this select 0)];";

This does not work here, the server side scripting does only accept a few scripting commands, listed here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_Side_Scripting. It does not accept the mission making specific commands.As you disabled "verifySignatures", this probably won't be loaded. But do me a favor and remove this BS from there to avoid unpredictable behaviour.

Quote[/b] ]

class Missions {

};

When you're not using a mission cycle, then remove it

Ok, now what the config files should look like:

First file, the server.cfg:

Quote[/b] ]

hostname="Rimmer World";

passwordAdmin = "smeg";

password="";

motd[]= { "Welcome to the Server" };

reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com";

motdInterval = 5;

voteThreshold = 0.33;

voteMissionPlayers = 1;

kickduplicate = 1;

disableVoN = 1;

vonCodecQuality=0;

maxPlayers = 30;

equalModRequired=0;

logFile = "server_console.log";

verifySignatures = 0;

persistent = 1;

checkfiles[] = {};

onUserConnected="{}";

onUserDisconnected="{}";

doubleIdDetected="{}";

regularCheck = "{}";

onDifferentData = "{}";

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

2nd file, the ArmaProfile file (<span style='color:red'>it's not complete.</span> I only post here the important part of server configuration, thats the "Difficulties" class):

Quote[/b] ]

difficultyMP="veteran";

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

3rdPersonView=1;

Armor=0;

AutoAim=0;

AutoGuideAT=0;

AutoSpot=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

EnemyTag=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

Map=1;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.700000;

skillEnemy=0.700000;

precisionFriendly=0.600000;

precisionEnemy=0.500000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

3rdPersonView=1;

Armor=0;

AutoAim=0;

AutoGuideAT=0;

AutoSpot=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

EnemyTag=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=0;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

Map=1;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.750000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.650000;

};

};

For infos on each setting, see here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

the 3rd file, the ArmA.cfg (<span style='color:red'>not complete</span>, just shows the important settings for a server here).

Quote[/b] ]

MaxCustomFileSize=25000; // 25kB

MaxMsgSend=192;

MinBandwidth=245760;

MaxBandwidth=3686400;

MinErrorToSend=0.005;

Infos on these settings can be found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg

Thanks for the help.

I copied and pasted your examples to the files in the folder where the ARMA_Server.exe file is.

However .. the server name in the game browser is still the name of the computer and not the name in the server.cfg file.

Can anyone help ? banghead.gif

katzenscheisse @ April 13 2008,19:56)]as i asked before: do u start the server from inside the game?

No I start the server using the ARMA_Server.exe with the extensions in the shortcut

-config=server.cfg (etc, etc)