Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

Where do you run Forest, where do you run?

I was bored so i put together an eastern officer and a western Ambrams on Ramadi. Then I forced the officer to flee with "this allowFleeing 1" and he started running. I followed him for 5 minutes until I remembered that I can speed up the time in ArmA. So I followed him further 5 Minutes with timescale 4x. But he didt go anywhere. He just ran arround.

So my stupid question sounds: Will fleeing units ever arrive anywhere or will they just keep running all the days and nights?

I seem to remember they run to their last waypoint, but i'm not quite sure.

maybe they run until they die, like horses..

with no destination.

You should try on Sahrani maybe officer will hide in trees house ect.

If you keep his allowfleeing on 1 forever then it would make sence for him to keep fleeing forever right? wink_o.gif

If you keep his allowfleeing on 1 forever then it would make sence for him to keep fleeing forever right? wink_o.gif

whistle.gif

Be intelligent amin

Edited by Gazmen

You have to follow him un-noticed for 48 hours in stealth mode, you'll then find him go into a house near Obregan where Ms.Pac Man, Snake, Donkey Kong and Mario are holed up smoking cigarettes and drinking Grey Goose wildly.

You have to follow him un-noticed for 48 hours in stealth mode, you'll then find him go into a house near Obregan where Ms.Pac Man, Snake, Donkey Kong and Mario are holed up smoking cigarettes and drinking Grey Goose wildly.

yep, he cant notice you though becuase if he does he wont go there and those people wont appear.

He only follows the white rabbit... oracle says if you cross your fingers and type with ctrl+alt "knock, knock" you may see Mr.Smith.

He has got the answer!

I'm under the impression they run away from whatever is scaring them, and/or towards cover. I haven't really tested it in ArmA, but in OFP they liked to run into the forests.

Try observing their behaviour when you are on the same side as the fleeing unit, or a civilian.

He only follows the white rabbit... oracle says if you cross your fingers and type with ctrl+alt "knock, knock" you may see Mr.Smith.

He has got the answer!

rofl.gif I just imagine an imaginary rabbit some deranged speznaz is running after, shouting: "Wait, you rabbit! So wait for me!"

Was playing evolution and was at FARP rearming. KA enemy heli was buzzing so shot it down with stinger and it went down over the horizon.

Was still at FARP 10 mins later as i was loading up stryker with ammo/weapons ect. I noticed soldier coming toward me. I thought it was friendly as the soldier went straight to the medic tent to patch up. I then realised it was enemy pilot from the Heli (all black uniform). He patched up then hung around till i shot him.

Classic moment, maybe Killjoy used AllowFleeing?

Was playing evolution and was at FARP rearming. KA enemy heli was buzzing so shot it down with stinger and it went down over the horizon.

Was still at FARP 10 mins later as i was loading up stryker with ammo/weapons ect. I noticed soldier coming toward me. I thought it was friendly as the soldier went straight to the medic tent to patch up. I then realised it was enemy pilot from the Heli (all black uniform). He patched up then hung around till i shot him.

Hahahaha! rofl.gif

That's HILarious!!!

Abs

hahaha lol biggrin_o.gif nice one! i think the a.i should have shoot you and then healed himself or he should have flanked and sneaked into the place and healed and shoot you in the back tounge2.gif

I'm under the impression they run away from whatever is scaring them, and/or towards cover. I haven't really tested it in ArmA, but in OFP they liked to run into the forests.

Try observing their behaviour when you are on the same side as the fleeing unit, or a civilian.

They seem to flee even if there's no threats when allowfleeing is set to 1. Once i was testing fleeing routine, and AI fled when there was only me and him (both of us in same side: BLUFOR) on whole map and allowfleeing was set to 1.

There's one BIG but: I was testing my suppression scripts and they kinda takeover original fleeing values so that might have affected it (and script tweaks "courage"-skill of theirs during suppression and sets allowfleeing to 1 at certain point) and i was shooting quite much at him to suppress him...