Sign in to follow this  
Winters1807

Making Videos?

When making videos i generally use windows move maker that comes with XP pro, but its a bit shabby and i have seen some good videos out there which are waaay out of the league of move maker.

Can anyone get me a link to any free movie makers that i could use?

Or just name some good ones and i will see if i can aquire it icon_rolleyes.gif

I use Adobe Premiere pro2 but it is very expensive. whistle.gif I have read on several forums that other people have good experiences with Pinnacle but I don't like that program (but that is my own personal experience) tounge2.gif

atually, my school uses pinnacle, and i agree with u there, its a bit tacky, i spose i cud try and bittorrent adobe premier?

I've been using Premiere and After Effects for years but I switched to Vegas because it can do most of the same stuff but faster, and with better organization.

Vegas is where's it at for a natural progression from MMV2. It's intuitive, extensive and offers many available options with the exception of good title animations.

I spent alot of time with Adobe Premiere, unless you're trained on it, imho, I wouldn't bother.  crazy_o.gif

Hope that helps a little

smile_o.gif  

pistols.gif

ArmAVIDZ

Jup, Sony Vegas is realy good and easy to learn wink_o.gif

If your using Vegas and Vista, you'll run into problems with Media Center if you use it. It overwrites the MPEG decoder. Well not overwrite, just sets it as the prefered MPEG decoder. Theres a tool from MS that lets you set it back again.

Sony Vegas is professional but simple.

Adobe Premier is professional but slightly complicated.

Depends what you want to do and how.

Vegas is reccommended, PLUS Gamerztheatre.com are now hosting a new Sony Vegas Video Tutorial every friday!

I have Movie maker, vegas, adobe and the only one i know how to use is Movie maker lol, ive tried the other 2 there just too complicated for me lool.

I'm using Pinnacle Studio right now, and I don't recommend it. I don't know if other programs are the same, but with Pinnacle studio, you get the software, and suprise suprise, you need to purchase and download most of the effects at around 80 bucks a pop. I got Pinnacle studio free with my camcorder, and I've bought/downloaded a couple different effect packs, wasting money in the process, and still don't have all the effects I want.

If vegas has all of the effects in one package, I'd say go for that. Stay away from Pinnacle Studio, unless you're willing to put out 80 bucks everyt ime you want a new effect or two. Waste of money.

Hello all,

Quote[/b] ]i spose i cud try and bittorrent adobe premier?

i spose, that would just be the demo? Right?

There are many free/shareware progs out there that are prob worth trying.

Also try looking for old vid editing software thats no longer in production. I still use SpeedRazor Mach3 which we bought back in oh, 1996 or so and is damn good to use.

At least if you BT defunct soft you're not doing anyone out of their hard earned wages smile_o.gif and you'll also still get the skill sets needed as, the move from one edit prog to another is fairly straightforward.

Rgds

LoK

ps this post came accross a bit pompous, didnt mean it to be smile_o.gif

You can do alot more with Sony Vegas than Adobe Premiere. Such as moving the actual frame around the recorded frame to give more "life" to your shots. For example, if an explosion goes off in your face, usually the camera would shake... You can't get this effect to happen in Premiere but you can in Sony Vegas and you can do it with easy and it is very accurate.

Adobe Premiere is for absolute precision, it gives you a lot of control when handling the footage and when applying a broad range of standard effects (such as alpha channels)

Vegas is more intuitive and has more in-built video & text effects.

You need plugins or Adobe After Effects if you want to do some of those effects in Adobe (like incremental slowing of footage). AE is even more harder to learn than PPro, because it is 3d as well