Sign in to follow this  
Voidworm

M1A1 Shell Problem

Apparently the shell from the M1A1 gives off no locational splash damage. I had my buddy get in the turret for the M1A1 and fire at my feet and nothing happened to me. He actually had to directly fire at my character to kill me with a tank shell, so that's definitely an issue Bohemia might want to check out.

The M1A1 shell still works great when fired directly at buildings and big targets like T72s but it has no splash damage whatsoever, at least that I could find in the 1.6 US version.

Has anyone else noticed this or perhaps found a fix, or heard from Bohemia about it?

Sabot Rounds do not splash.

You need to change to HE rounds in the menu while you have your main gun selected.

I use the HE round to pummel bases and get plenty of splash damage kills. I use version 1.06.

Splash or no splash, I would not want to be anywhere NEAR something moving at around 1km a second. Thats gonna muck your day up whether it hits you or not.

Yeah, you'd think sabot rounds would still have a little splash. Sure, it may not impact you directly, but heavy objects at high velocities do tend to send bits of what they hit zipping off. Small rocks & concrete shards can still hurt plenty, after all.

Yeah, you'd think sabot rounds would still have a little splash. Sure, it may not impact you directly, but heavy objects at high velocities do tend to send bits of what they hit zipping off. Small rocks & concrete shards can still hurt plenty, after all.

I second that statement. Sabot rounds may not be highly explosive but if one slams at the ground right beside you I doubt you'd be around afterwards to tell me about the lack of splash damage.

Splash or no splash, I would not want to be anywhere NEAR something moving at around 1km a second. Thats gonna muck your day up whether it hits you or not.

thats true. Splash or not, it should have some affect to a certain radius .... otherwise it would be (in fact is) ridiculous.

for sure, ive found the same problem, in 1.07 beta (EURO version)

a sabot hit must do more damage at the point of impact and in the same idea make the tanks shoot a litlle bit more realistic ? less smoke and more fire ? better sounds (or improved sound engine) and more suspension work, because when you fire a shot it's like when you shot airsoftgun with too much smoke ... and add recoil on the main gun, would be greate whistle.gif

I just went and tried out the HE rounds in the M1A1 and, unfortunately, those are no real improvement over the Sabot in terms of splash damage.

While the Sabot has absolutely zero splash damage, the HE round only has about 3 feet of splash damage. You might as well jump out of your tank and toss a hand grenade, seriously.

It's great that the M1A1 has functioning anti-personnel machine gun turrets but the fact that the the shells can't take out even a small group of people is ridiculous, and really should be one of the fixes applied in the 1.8 patch before it's released.

All I'm asking for is like 10 to 20 feet of general splash damage from those rounds, it doesn't even have to be a direct kill radius, just some varying, but certain, damage to personnel within that radius.

...but the fact that the the shells can't take out even a small group of people is ridiculous...

Thankfully its the sort of thing that only take tiny tweaks in the config to achieve (ALL explosives-based weapons seem to have too small a "splash" radius, but whether BI will bother to go over the configs to adjust it all is another question confused_o.gif

...but the fact that the the shells can't take out even a small group of people is ridiculous...

Thankfully its the sort of thing that only take tiny tweaks in the config to achieve (ALL explosives-based weapons seem to have too small a "splash" radius, but whether BI will bother to go over the configs to adjust it all is another question confused_o.gif

Aye, let's hope they come across this thread so the shell issues can be tweaked in 1.8.

All splash damage need a huge increase. It's almost unnoticeable.

They seem to have decent splash damage in the 1.07beta.

ye for sure your right banghead.gif

US army bought many licenced to BIS so if they want to know how a m1a1 really fire and tweak the spash damage, they just have to ask ...

Aye, let's hope they come across this thread so the shell issues can be tweaked in 1.8.

I would report it at http://bugs.armed-assault.net

That's where bugs, feature requests, tweaks and changes need to be asked for fixing etc.

I believe the chance is 0 that it will end up in 1.08. So maybe for the next Release...

Bit late report to come after the v1.07beta while they are kinda ready-to-release 1.08 smile_o.gif

I would report it at http://bugs.armed-assault.net

That's where bugs, feature requests, tweaks and changes need to be asked for fixing etc.

I believe the chance is 0 that it will end up in 1.08. So maybe for the next Release...

Bit late report to come after the v1.07beta while they are kinda ready-to-release 1.08 smile_o.gif

It's not really a bug as much as it is a sort of miscalculation.

I do doubt that they'll be able to cram the fix into 1.8, but asking for it aint no crime.

Quote[/b] ]that's where bugs, feature requests, tweaks and changes need to be asked for fixing etc.

Quote[/b] ]that's where bugs, feature requests, tweaks and changes need to be asked for fixing etc.

I'll go ahead and stick to the forums. Thanks for the information, though.