Sign in to follow this  
Mangobreeder

What the name of?

hi guys, whats the nameo f that program your can download for flight simulator, which stopps services and clears your ram etc.

it can also be used for AA but ive forgottenw hat its called.

any idea

thanks in advance

whats the name of that program (...) which stopps services and clears your ram etc?

My first guess would be an uninstaller for Windows Vista... wink_o.gif

Jokes aside... dammit I just had the name of the program in my head. Someone mentioned it in the troubleshooting thread recently... perhaps look there.

Enditall? (last version I has was Enditall 2).

There was another one that was developed by someone in the MSFS community, but I can't remember the name of it offhand (didn't use it myself).

Alternatively if you or someone you know has the Shockwave title Battle of Britain 2: Wing of Victory, there's a small batch file on that CD called  Stop_srv. bat that shuts down everything bar absolute essentials and works great. No Gui or customisable options, simply a batchfile icon that you double click. This is the one I use at the moment if I want to close down all background apps and unnecessary processes.

EDIT: Beaten to it!!!!

how did you know i was running vista?? smile_o.gif

its the MSFS i want, but i can thik of the name, been googling for ages sad_o.gif

I recall a MSFS program being used with regards to optimizing ArmA, I think it was FS Autostart

Quote[/b] ]FSAutoStart, a popular utility for users of Microsoft Flight Simulator to maximize system performance, has now been released in a new version. It is a utility not just for Flight Simulator users, but for users of any application that needs as much resources your computer can offer.

FSAutoStart allows the user the ability to automatically shutdown services and programs to provide as much resources to running today’s most demanding applications and games.

It also provides the ability to launch selected programs before the application is launched. Lastly, it can automatically restart those programs and services previously shutdown, thus bringing the computer back to its original state.

It also adds some performance enhancing options like Defragment Memory.

FS Autostart thats it,

thanks alot

next question, wanyone know if its compatable with vista?

Readme only states XP as the OS.

I take it you have vista, you now have the link to the download - why not try it wink_o.gif

These programs have caught my curiosity. Is there any side effects that could cause the OS to go wacko? What would you guys recommend? FS Autostart?

Why not leave Microsoft's "Flight Simulator" to the kiddies and have a go at a far more realistic fight simulator? X Plane

Because potential is academic without actualization and accessibility.

These programs have caught my curiosity.  Is there any side effects that could cause the OS to go wacko? What would you guys recommend?  FS Autostart?

No permanant side effects so long as you read the readme file before using it. But depending on your hardware you may not see a lot of benefit from them. If your PC is CPU or RAM limited then closing those background processes and apps can free up enough space to get a slight improvement in game performance (don't expect a miricle though!wink_o.gif

To get everything running as normal all you need to do is restart your PC.

The only thing I would suggest is (if running with just firewall software and no physical router between your PC and phoneline) check your firewall status before going online since some of those programs (especially the batchfile from BOB2 that I mentioned) shut your firewall down as well. If so simply restart the firewall before going online.