Sign in to follow this  
Arkymedes

Failed to read the shader cache file.

Just finished to install the game. This message appears:

"Failed to read the shader cache file. Missing or broken shdc file?"

What should it be? I'm trying to run the game in my laptop.

Video: Intel i945GM (Integrated)

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2400 @ 1833 MHz

Memory: 1024 MB (1 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

HD: SAMSUNG (80 GB)

I have in my computer games like Rome: Total War, America's Army and Age of Empires III running with no problems.

Hope someone can help, I'm a veteran OFP that had to wait years for this game arrive sad_o.gif

Thanks in advance

This is what I got from Intel about the graphics specifications:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

*High Performance 3D  Up to 4 pixels per clock rendering

*Microsoft* DirectX* 9 Hardware Acceleration Features:

-Pixel Shader 2.0

-Volumetric Textures

-Shadow Maps

-Slope Scale Depth Bias

-Two-Sided Stencil  

*Microsoft* DirectX* 9 Vertex Shader 3.0 and Transform and Lighting supported in software through highly optimized Processor Specific Geometry Pipeline (PSGP)

*Texture Decompression for DirectX* and OpenGL*

*OpenGL* 1.4 support plus ARB_vertex_buffer and EXT_shadow_funcs extensions and TexEnv shader caching

sad_o.gif

Heya,

- Did the ArmA installation complete sucessfully without errors or exited prematurely?

- Did you install the ArmA Patches? (Which version are you on anyway?)

_- If so, no errors or broken off before completion?

_- If not, try to do so, though I am not so sure it will help

- What's the file size of your ArmA\dta\bin.pbo file?

It might be possible that the game doesn't recognise what kind of shaderfile it should use as you don't have an Nvidia nor Ati card, though I would guess it would take the normal shader file that's included.

For best results you could try to upgrade (Though I dont think it will help in this case):

- Videocard Drivers - www.intel.com

- DirectX 9.0c (latest afaik is April 2007 Release) - www.guru3d.com

Hello biggrin_o.gif

Well, I just installed the game a few minutes ago, so I think is still 1.0?

The instalation was ok, with no errors until the end.

The file size of bin.pbo is 2,60 MB (2 736 772 bytes).

Anyway, I will download the last patch and update to see what happen.

And btw, I have all the drivers and DirectX already updated.

Thanks!

I'm affraid you can't play ArMa on a GMA 950(if that's what you have). GMA 950 can't even play doom 3 at 800x600, so I'm affraid it's even a lost cause for ArmedAssault which is heavier.

The games you mention are all older games. The minimum specs for Arma is an ATI 9500. The GMA doesn't even come close to that. It's designed to run office things and the aero interface, and not for recent games. It's a bit comparable to the ATI Xpress 200. Here is a list of graphics card in order of performance, note that yours isn't even in as it's not meant for gaming. But you could search for the Xpress 200 which is about the same as the GMA 840 .

It is way below the minimum: radeon 9500

That's the problem with integrated graphics, it's cheap, it works, but don't expect to play recent games with it.

The graphics card does not meet requirements of the game - while it has support for Pixel Shaders 2.0, it has no HW support for any vertex shaders. While running vertex shaders in SW (which is what the phrase "Vertex Shader 3.0 ... through highly optimized Processor Specific Geometry Pipeline") would be possible, the resulting framerate would be something like 1 frame in two seconds, which has no sense.

I am sorry for the confusing message about "Missing or broken shdc file"- the gamet should definitely tell you better what are you missing.

Well, thanks anyway sad_o.gif

Since it's hard and not worth it to upgrade a laptop (and you are right when you say that this one is for office and aero interface, since I doubt that this one can run vista) is better to raise some funds to buy a new one sad_o.gif

But my will to play ArmA is so big that I was hoping to play it with some option like "disable shaders" or anything related in the command line or trough editing some files.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support smile_o.gif