miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK #3 FINALLY RELEASED

Yeah actually in our next update we will have new IDF models based on Dave's infantry models (from Operation Code Blue) reworked by IDF Itzhak. So those will be very cool. We just need to work on converting them into various units with small differences between them. Our 1980's guys and historic units may use the old infantry models however. But thats still undecided as we may make some historic units from scratch. We already have most of the armor, but just need various eras of historic IDF infantry (and some small modifications of our Egyptian infantry)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sounds terrific!! Would such new updated stuff for OFP?? By way, could you use the hand pack of Invasion 44? That looks more realistic. Sorry, without your permission, I have made such change for personal amusement only...

Hmm...I never thought about the hands...and the Invasion 1944 mod went under sadly... I should still try to get permission from them however if we use their hands...oh and yeah don't worry about private modifications. Thats fine as long as they're not released as a LoBo addon cuz then that gets very confusing.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I got a couple of sound bugs to report.

The suppressed Ruger 10/22 is way too loud. Almost as loud as the M24. It doesn't even sound right for a .22 anyway, silenced or not.

And the silenced SR-25 sounds the same as the un-silenced SR-25.

Oooh....hmmm didn't catch those. Some of the problems however might be due to the JAM3 ammo. If its a problem with the JAM3 sounds, there isn't much to do about that except try different JAM3 sound packs (They have different sound packs that you can plug in that still allow mission compatability with someone using another sound pack for JAm3).

However, if the sound is a custom sound using custom ammo, then we can see if we can fix that.

Thanks for the bug report.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

A small suggestion- Anyone who's watching news, knows that Hamas have overtaken Gaza comletly. So if you guys can get some Hamas fighters in the next update.... Will be great.

Mods- It's not a political post.

Yeah we are working on a Gaza map along with Palestinian militants. I have no idea what the ETA will be on that though.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Still have a query regarding Galil assault rifle. Is the rifle equipped in the Israeli army now? And in what kind of troops? If not, what the main assault rifle now for IDF?

Still have a query regarding Galil assault rifle. Is the rifle equipped in the Israeli army now? And in what kind of troops? If not, what the main assault rifle now for IDF?
Quote[/b] ]The personal weapon of most IDF soldiers is the M16, particularly, the M16A2, shortened CAR-15, M4, and M4A1 assault rifles. The majority of regular-service Infantry Corps soldiers are equipped with the shortened M16, but the longer model is still in use among recruits and reserve forces. In 2005, the IMI Tavor assault rifle was brought to operational use, and is intended to become the corps' principal assault rifle in the future.

Quoted from Wikipedia

Hope that helps you out. smile_o.gif

From what I've seen and from the IDF soldiers I've talked to, the primary rifles of the IDF are the CAR-15 and the M4 carbine. In many cases, the IDF highly modifies both of these rifles and use a wide variety of weapons sights and accessories on them. For example with the CAR-15 series, the IDF have done really bizarre modifications and have made custom receivers, barrels, and hybrids with mixed M16A2/CAR-15/M4 parts. So sometimes its difficult to tell what a soldier is using. You also occasionally will see an odd-ball weapon like the ultra-compact Colt Commando (smaller version of the CAR-15), or the Colt 9mm SMG which is basically a Colt Commando CAR-15 variant that is designed to fire 9mm ammunition. A few units also will use the Mini or Micro Uzi SMG pistols for missions like hostage rescue. The full size Uzi carbines are no longer used.

The Galil is very rarely used. Occasionally I'll see on TV a policeman carrying one and occasionally, Sayaret units will use the old Galat'z 7.62 NATO sniper variant of the Galil. But overall, its not used very often anymore by the IDF. Most of their stocks have been sold off on the export market to countries like Colombia and South Africa.

As the Wiki article states, the Tavor will soon replace all the M16 family of rifles in the IDF, however most likely a few Sayeret units will cling onto the M4 series and it will be many years before they are all fully replaced by the Tavor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi Miles

tring to make a Wgl5.2 patch for LoboAP3

so iam in need of a reference for the soldiers equipment & munition

editor names so it would help alot if u could paste it or refer me to a link

TNX

There are a couple of files in the mod that list all of the weapon names.  However I do not have a list of all the soldier and vehicle (and vehicle weapon) names.   That will take quite some time to do and at the moment I don't have a lot of time.  But if I get a chance to sit down and de-PBO everything I will post all of that at least for the infantry.  But really you're likely to get the info quicker by de-PBO'ing the files yourself since I don't already have all of that information compiled and neither do our other mod team members.  I can maybe see if any of the others want to do that job as we need to anyways for better mission scripting.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok ill try to dealwith it thiseek see how it comesout

tnx anyway

one moR little question i saw u actually put allmost any COC addone in the pack exept the command engine why ?

If I remember correctly, we only put in the CoC diver, CoC torpedoes, and CoC UA 1.0 because some of our addons are dependent upon those addons (and UA 1.0 because version 1.1 is a bitch to get 3rd party addons working with it). We don't use the command engine simply because I've never really used it. If it creates more of a strategic game play, thats fine and all, but I'm more into tactical gameplay.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Would it be possible to get at list of all weapons and Ammo names?

There is a list that came with the pack. If I remember correctly its either on an excel file or a pdf file.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

There is a pdf file called weaponclasses and in the readme there is a small section with a few weapon class.

Im looking for the name of the aircraft bombs and the satchel charge. And that is in nieghter.

We don't have all the addons unPBO'ed at the moment and, no offense, but I don't have time to go searching for all the aircraft weapons names.  I would recommend grabbing one of the de-PBO utitilities at ofp.info and simply dePBO our aircraft files and look at the cpp.config file for the weapon names.  

It takes awhile to search through them however.  

Oh also..., when we do our upcoming IDF update, (with new IDF infantry and fixed up planes and bug fixes) some of the weapons names will change.

As for the satchel charge we just use the BIS satchel charge.  Its name is:   "pipebomb"

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I cant seem to mount the SA-2 as gunner and if i do i only mount the empty one without missiles what seems to be the problem here ?

Its possible that the scripting for it makes it so you can't play as a SA-2 gunner since it was never meant to be used for players to man themselves (which is why I never tested the gunner position on it).

In real life, the SA-2 launchers themselves are unmanned and controlled via a radar fire control trailer. In OFP, in order to get the SA-2 systems to work they must be within around 100 meters or so from the fire control radar and arranged in a circle around that radar. They will not function without the fire control radar. All of our radar guided SAM systems operate in this manner. That way mission makers can make their own "Wild Wiesel" missions or commando assault missions in which they only need to destroy the radar in order to knock out the SAM sites.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the quick reply Miles Teg I love this mod its awesome. Btw Im just wondering do you have any info on the SA-2's horizontal traverse and vertical elevation ?

Btw what version is the SA-2 in the mod and also is there plans for the SA-5 or SA-3?

btw bug report using the F-4E SEADS when using the cluster bomb upon firing it:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7521/errorgr4.jpg

Ah thanks for that bug report. Thats a new bug that we haven't seen yet.

As for the SA-2, if I remember correctly we found some site that mentioned the turn radius of each SA-2 launch platform but I can't remember exactly what it was. I believe it was 360 degrees however we limited it in the mod because otherwise we had a problem of all of the SA-2's being fired at the same time. That basically equalled instant death unless we made our flare systems make a plane almost impossible to shoot down. So we have to work around the game limitations which make it hard to achieve perfect accuracy. The model of the SA-2 I believe was based off of the one from the OPGWC mod although Calm Terror may have made some modifications to the model to make it look like some of the ones used by Egypt. The difficult thing however was that most of the pics didn't list the exact variant of the SA-2 used. Current pictures of Egypt's SA-2 batteries are difficult to find as I know they have made alot of their own modifications to them with some intelligence suggesting that they have dual optical and radar guidance much like the SA-6. Some may also have a backup IR seeking sensor as a backup in heavy ECM environments.

So we tried to find a happy medium that didn't make the SA-2's too dangerous but where if they exploded near you, they could seriously mess up your plane due to their large warhead and proximity fuze (which we also simulated). On one mission I had a SA-2 blow up near two of my MD-500 Defender helictopters and it shot both down without a direct hit. lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg,

Thanks for the information smile_o.gif Btw Ive been hearing from some of my friends in the Israeli Army that there was a Merkava 5 that was pretty expensive can you give any more information about it ?

Btw any chance of seeing the SA-5 (S-200) for Syria because they have 2 battalions also Egypt posseses the SA-3 (S-125) along with Syria.

Btw some info on the sa-3 AND sa-5 if u needed any:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA-5

I dont think theres such a thing as a Merkava Mk. 5, plenty of protoypes with artillerty and maybe a bigger cannon, but no Mk. 5 in service.

EDIT: Google seems to agree with me on this one