miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK #3 FINALLY RELEASED

Miles do you know which version of the SA-5 Gammon / S-200 Libya , Syria , Iran , and North Korea have ?

Nope...sure don't.  Unfortunately most public sources of information don't go into details of exactly what versions of SAMs countries use.  Intelligence agencies tend not to publish such information and these days Russia and China are trying to keep their arms dealings as covert as possible.  

What also complicates matters is that many of these nations do their own modifications to their SAMs.  Egypt for example has done extensive modifications and updates to their SA-2 missiles in order to modernize them and make them more lethal.  With their excellent range, that makes them very dangerous.

So unless you have a security clearance in an intelligence agency, such information is hard to find except for the occasional bits of info found on public websites like FAS.org or in Janes Defense Weekly...

At any rate, most likely they use the S-200VE "Vega-E" which is the export version of the missile.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok thanks Miles Teg that further complicates work on modelling these sam systems. Btw I was doing some reading and it seems the Iranian SA-5 is downgraded by at least 50km missile range to 250km with their version being called Ghareh.

my computer crashed when i put the "duang zong" or something like that in my Map Editor...why its under the egyptian air defense...and some tanks under Egypt gives me an error that says cannot load.... blah blah blah..can someone help me.... any ways great work thumbs-up.gif

Hey man. I encountered only one unusable tank- The Egyptian M60A3, which dosen't fire the main gun. I reported the bug after the release, so it will probably be fixed in any future update.

Hey sorry for bringing out an old topic, but I'm working on a mission and have some questions.

1) The Lobo objects in the editor they come in the @Lobo folder? Not from any Mapfact addon or something?

2) While rearanging my HD I lost all of the Lobo missions. (Only copied the @Lobo folder banghead.gif ) If anyone has them? even if it's just the paradrop and CoC example missions will do. Don't want to re-download for 2 small files.

The objects in the map editor that are listed under the LoBo folder come from several different sources (with credits that should be listed in the readme file) however their should not be any addon dependencies. The only things that require the mapfacts stuff are our maps which use Mapfacts objects all of which are included (with their original readme files) in the map packs.

As for the missions, I can see about going about RAR'ing them up when I get a chance to. I always recommend backing up missions as well as keeping the original downloaded .RaR files on a CDR or DVD+R/RW with the rest of your addon collections.

Oh... also I'll be releasing our Jordanian Pack very soon. I've just been super busy with graduate school and working so I haven't had time to pick my nose let alone do LoBo stuff. But hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance...anyhoo... gotta run.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg, what about sandbags on M113s? I've tried to view the models in Oxygen, so I saw that sandbags'textures are from some file named "lobofightpos" (and there were no such file in archive with mod), allthough there are the textures of sandbags in Lobo_Zelda pbo. So, what can I do to solve this problem? Btw, what is that thing, "lobofightpos"?

I'll try to help - Download the islands and the texture bug will be gone. Lobo fighting positions exists in my editor. Guess they come with the Island as well.

Do you mean Sinai & Lebanon? Unfortunately, I cant download them now (too heavy for me). Are those textures stay in separate pbo?

Btw, Miles Teg, why didn't you use BIS models of Mi-8? There are excellent OWP or Offtime addons. And the same goes to Kfir. It looks just ugly, especially in comparison with other fighters in the mod! Could you make some better plane, for example, based on Falklands Mirage III?

Unfortunately at the moment those sandbag textures are stuck on the Sinai/Lebanon map pack although if I have time I'll see if I can figure out which .pbo its specifically in (Calm Terror usually handles all of that).

As for the Mi-8, we didn't use anyone else's simply because we made these a long time ago and it was not a priority to update them. Maybe later we will update them.

Our Kfir, we didn't update simply because we didn't have a new model. We do now however have an updated Kfir (based on BeeDee's unreleased Kfir model). The new Kfir will be released in an IDF update pack that also will include some Egyptian bug fixes. So it will be like a LoBo Addon Pack #3 patch 1.1.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

mmmm....werent you going to include the jordan army ?? yay.gif miles teg....what ever happen to the Colombian mod ?? werent you doing one.... whistle.gif

Hey since this topic is alive, I'll have a question- What do I do with the AI seeing me trough the trees issue. Me and an AI squad trade fire with Hizzballa in the forests but I'm the only one who can't see them, and they see me too good...

mmmm....werent you going to include the jordan army ?? yay.gif  miles teg....what ever happen to the Colombian mod ?? werent you doing one....  whistle.gif

The Jordanian Army was not ready for Addon Pack #3 and I never promised that it would be in Addon Pack #3. If you want everything on a silver platter then ya need to start paying us to do this mod. Otherwise be fortunate that we ever even got to release addon pack #3.

As for the Colombian Mod, I was never doing a Colombian Mod. I volunteered as a mission maker with two attempts by others to do a Colombian Mod, but they both fizzled out unfortunately. The Lost Brothers Mod is one of the oldest existing mods for OFP so again be fortunate that we have not died out like so many others.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey since this topic is alive, I'll have a question- What do I do with the AI seeing me trough the trees issue. Me and an AI squad trade fire with Hizzballa in the forests but I'm the only one who can't see them, and they see me too good...

They shouldn't see you through the BIS trees. I never had that problem although there may be a few non-BIS shrubs and trees that may have that problem. If you're having problems, your best bet is to put your AI guys up front using the "Advance" movement command for your squad.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod is one of the oldest existing mods for OFP so again be fortunate that we have not died out like so many others.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I feel fortunate, I can play as the Army I served in.

They shouldn't see you through the BIS trees.  I never had that problem although there may be a few non-BIS shrubs and trees that may have that problem.  If you're having problems, your best bet is to put your AI guys up front using the "Advance" movement command for your squad.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

its ofp engine bug ai can see u through bushes , trees and smoke hence the bull shit bush shot rages smile_o.gif

just downloaded pack like the minetanks

Yeah but haven't there been solutions to this? Like in the Unsung mod? I'm using the Sinai Island anyway now, but still if it can be fixed in some way....

We might if have time see what we can do. Although if I remember correctly in the Unsung mod there was a bit of a compromise on the vegitation vs. AI being engagement ranges and stuff.

At any rate, Calm Terror is booked full right now working on a ton of stuff (including a new Gaza Strip map).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That's nice to hear! Anyway just for your knowledge I had several CTD's with "cant find texture" errors. It was at the refugee camp in Sinai using terorists and Magav troops.

Thats strange... hmm... I usually don't use the Nagav troops som I'm guessing the bug is with them. Did it show if it was a missing texture on the map or on one of the addons?

Usually missing map textures come up right away when you start up the map.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It just CTD and gets a small window saying "Error loading texture". It happened like 3 times in a row. I had to remake the mission to continue working from where I left off.